Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Serge D

Serge D New Member

Hi everyone, just joined your forum, looking to explore and learn something new here.
    I am a private strapmaker, based in US. It started as a hobby for me when i got my first Panerai and decided to make a leather strap for it. I kept improving myself, and started making straps for Bell&Ross, Audemars Piguet, Breitling and other watches. Strapmaking now takes up about half of my daily life. I have a small shop where i enjoy creating new straps and implementing new ideas.
    You can see my work at www.strapsbyserge.blogspot.com
    See you around.
    Serge.

2. hammertime

hammertime New Member

New to this place although I often had a look round but thought it time to join up. Names Mark, reside in North Lincolnshire in the UK. Family is the most important thing to me but always had a passion for my clothes, footwear and watches. Looking forward to getting involved.

3. vubui

vubui New Member

Hello everyone! I'm Vu, just found this forum about a week ago after impulse buying a pair of Tricker's Grassmere country boots to stomp around Stockholm in the snow and slush (just moved here from Los Angeles). Now over just the course of this week, and with a considerable amount of influence from this forum and its members, I've added a pair of Red Wing Beckman, Alden Cordovan Indy, Wolverine 1k Krause and Alden Natural Chromexcel Brixton boots. Fastest addiction ever.

I look forward to being convinced into buying lots more stuff in the coming weeks and months!

4. jfeld1949

jfeld1949 New Member

HI All,

I'm Josh. I'm an early 30's desk jockey who is just now graduating to big-boy clothes. I have an unhealthy amount of sportcoats and sweaters. I also have recently started selling some fine menswear on eBay and am happily surprised at how quickly it has taken off. You can find me under the name "troveclothes". Happy Holidays!

5. Sir Charles

Sir Charles New Member

Evening Ladies & Gents, I am Sir Charles. College student, entrepreneur, and my sense of style brought me here.
    Looking forward to the cool insight the forum offers.

Sir Charles

6. tanderson2488

tanderson2488 New Member

Decided to become a member after lurking around the forum from time to time for about a month now. Names Tom, reside in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. I am 24 and am currently a Surgical Technologist working in the Operating Room. Because of my profession I wear scrubs all day, everyday at work so I am not in need of business attire. Four years ago, the summer after my freshman year of college, I weighed 250 pounds, now I weigh 160 pounds. Since I am growing up and needless to say significantly smaller I am in need of a complete wardrobe overhaul.

I look forward to [FONT=verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif]continue changing and updating my wardrobe and learning a lot about mens style and fashion in every aspect.[/FONT]

Cheers for now,
    Tom

7. jbfisher

jbfisher New Member

I am Joel. I am 56. I have recently started wearing better clothes. I cannot buy off the rack since I am small, so I purchase MTM from Brooks Brothers. I also like Allen Edmonds shoes

8. ant702

ant702 Senior member

Nice to meet you all! I'm Ant, not really the style guru I used to be; I was all RL for 13 yrs., after the economy dumped I had to learn my true salary! Now, most of my clothes come from LE(Lands End)! So, I will occasionally post on topics about watches mostly! I use to own brands like; Cartier, Omega, Bell & Ross, Glycine,Baume et Marcier and about 12 other brands I can't recall or afford at this time, funny! Right now I own a Omega, blue face,39mm, chronometer, aqua terra, probably one of the only watches a guy can wear with any woredrobe!

9. JShreve

JShreve New Member

I'm Josh, a 31 year old engineer. I have always had an issue getting well fitting clothes due to my neck size and shoulder width. If it fits my neck and shoulders it's a tent on my torso. I believe in dressing well without overdressing. I am moving into more of a management role and believe in looking the part. I am interested in two areas, everyday practical work shirts and the occasional high end formal wear. I have just recently begun experimenting with various online MTM companies trying to find the best balance of cost, quality, and ease of wear (wrinkle resistance, ease of ironing, etc). Based the average dress of my peers, true bespoke and premium fabrics are overkill, though certainly something I am interested in for formal wear. I am looking to learn from others in the forum and share my experiences as I intend to sample a wide range of MTM companies. I am looking forward to the day that I all of the shirts in my closet truly fit.

10. tenderButtons

tenderButtons Member

I'm Jeff. Been looking at this forum for years. Finally joined. I'm 42 years old. Married. Father to the little girl with Santa. That's all I got.

11. PublicFig

PublicFig New Member

I'm Jeff, 22 years old and a recent college grad just about to start primarily working in the real world in a programming/web development position. College was a dark time for me in terms of fashion until probably around a year or so ago, and I've been trying to work my way out of that hole as quickly as possible without becoming too broke during my own personal post-college economic depression. Been lurking for a while and plan on slowly working into contributing to this community!

12. BGarrison

BGarrison New Member

Hello everyone. I'm a 28 year old pilot in the US Air Force. I don't get to wear nice clothes too often however I enjoy it when the opportunity presents itself. I just recently began upgrading my wardrobe and heard that this would be a good place to get some advice.

Take care,
    Bryan

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Welcome all!!!

14. myronegaynez

myronegaynez Member

Sup ?

I am the new guy posting right now from Austria ( the one in Europe - not the one far away)
    Well yeah ... I travel ... a lot

ask away !

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

whadddddduppppp!!