• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ahdaeeeee

Reaction score
What's up guys! I'm ahdaeeeee from Indonesia, spent most of my life growing up in Singapore and USA. Lots of interesting stuffs going on here, guess thats it.

Andrews1980

Reaction score
Hi, im Scott....32 from Birmingham, England. Staple colours blue, beige and white. Used to love Reiss clothing but its going down the pan a little now.

Love a good trench coat and deep brown shoes. Classic styles, clean crisp lines......english gent ;-)

Nice to meet everyone!

novon

Reaction score
Hello to all. I lurked on here for a bit trying to find the right pair of double monks. This forum introduced me to AE, which has become my favorite affordable non-sneaker shoe manufacturer. Otherwise I'm a coffee and wine snob. Web developer by day, snowboarder by winter and all year round denim head. Heres to spending hard earned money on overpriced gear!

iitrebor

Reaction score
Hello! I'm Robert. When I'm not working to support my expensive hobbies, I play and collect guitar gear, rock climb, travel, enjoy good coffee and great denim.

Soquick

Reaction score
I'm a 28 year old politico and soon-to-be law student. I live in Denver, have 2 dogs and a girlfriend of 7 years. I've always been a street wear kind of guy (Crooks & Castles, Play Cloths etc).
shog[1].gif
I've always been able to dress well when the situation arose but now I need to start dressing for my age and profession. I've been lurking for awhile and completing my due diligence but if there are any must reads besides the standards, please point them out to a noob. I appreciate the sense of humor around here and am looking forward to participating. Thanks guys, for building this great forum.

andrewwatters

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Andrew. I found the site while searching for information about Tom Cruise's suit in Collateral, and I ended up in a great thread that was just what I was looking for (http://www.styleforum.net/t/7771/tom-cruise-collateral-suit). I like what you're doing here.

I saw the thread on thrift/value purchases and was going to post these pics there, but the introduction thread seemed more appropriate.

My favorite suit belonged to my Dad until he gave it to me when I was in high school, about 16 years ago. It's a Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece 3-piece in charcoal, with faint gray pinstripes. It's from the 1970s (!). Click for giant size.

The suit looks and feels amazing, and now that I think about it I've worn it occasionally through high school, college, law school, law practice, and up through the present day. I wear it more now because I finally had it tailored properly a couple of years ago and the difference in feel was dramatic.

The labels are all gone from falling off without being replaced except for a small, partially visible label sewn into one of the pockets from the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America. They merged with another union under a different name in 1976, and so that is the youngest the suit could possibly be. I can probably get an exact date from the series code if I unsew the pocket lining, but other than knowing it's from before I was born I don't really need to know. I love it, and while there are a couple of damaged areas that were repaired at varying levels of quality, I don't care because it means a lot to me :)

Anyway, it's great to be here. I'm a fan of Brooks Brothers and Alden, otherwise I don't know much about clothes.

Last edited:

cptstowe

Reaction score
Hi I'm Cpt Stowe
I picked that nickname up senior year of undergrad from some freshmen as their RA and it stuck.

I'm married (6 months next week) to my college sweetheart.

As for style I prefer Clarks (DB's Desert Legends and Desert Khans 80% of the days)
Jeans are custom Imogene and Willie's, Levis, and even though I know some hate them Unbranded.
Shirts are thrifted or sale racks.

I'm way into outwear and looking to thin my herd soon.

I'm also into some EDC stuff.

Outside of menswear I'm into hiking, fly fishing, and a bit of a lot outdoor pursuits.

I've read a bunch of threads on here and finally decided to join.

Cheers

hliderfelt

Reaction score
Hi im Henrik from Sweden but lives in Norway. 20 years old and is a big shirt fan. I have always been interested in fashion and shoes etc. But never had a place to wear my clothes. Im not that well knowledged in fashion but i enjoy good quality clothes. Got here after a decision to remake my wardrobe to a little bit mor fashionable cleaner old school look. That is now in the making and i hope to get some good advice and share som clothes here.

Peace! /Henrik

LamontDred

Reaction score
Came accross this forum trying to find another denim forum on tapatalk. I work in the apparel field and find it easier to just observe in these forums.

csheroe

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm Matt and I'm from Upstate New York. I'm kinda new to the fashion world. If you have any friendly advice for a newbie PM me.
smile.gif

PS: My favorite color is black.

Matt Crunk

Reaction score
Hello All, I'm a 46 year old professional visual artist, musician, and filmmaker from North Alabama, USA. I guess you might call me a man of classic style. As they say, "Trends come and go, but style is forever."
I'm a fan and collector of all things Golden Age (1930s/40s/50s): automobiles, architecture, men's clothing and accouterments, film, music. militaria, etc. As a hobby and side-income I buy and sell vintage ties, clothing, musical instruments, and other unique vintage items on eBay and elsewhere.

Looking forward to seeing what this forum has to offer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads