1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Audley

Audley Active Member

Hello, I am Frank, I been reading different post untill I decided to join, I work in TV production. This is a great forum and a great community, I wan to thank the Adminds for keeping the forum

2. theothernickc

theothernickc New Member

Hi, I'm Nick from the UK an art director, musician and mountaineer. I just joined, so many interesting threads on here. I've always loved clothes but only recently began to really indulge. I love wearing RRL, Billy Reid, Alexander Mcqueen, Burberry, J Crew, Marc Jacobs, John Vartavos, James Perse and Paul Smith and Acne among others.

3. Legounette

Legounette Member

Hello i'm Mathieu from france! Toulouse exactly.
    I like heavyweight jeans and boots.
    I'm here to talk about denim and other stuff.
    See you all.

4. Jiban95

Jiban95 New Member

Hi, I'm Robin aka Jiban95, located near Paris, France.

Part time lurker, I'm not the best poster but I'm a good reader :)

Cheers !

5. Juan

Juan Well-Known Member

Juan from Spain

6. squishmaster

squishmaster New Member

I am an attorney in California who has lurked this forum for a while. I joined mostly so I could ask more specific questions. I don't consider myself an expert nor am I really into clothing, but I try to look my best and make informed purchases.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I'm Daisy. I'm 6'5", thus only sometimes able to buy stuff in mainstream stores. I aspire to getting more and more of my wardrobe custom-made, like my favorite suit. My taste tends toward the offbeat, I can wear a navy suit, white shirt and red tie for only so long before it starts to itch, metaphorically speaking. I consider myself a gentlemen, and therefore I act as if chivalry is alive and well, and those who get offended are simply not worth my time. I love cigars and Rum. I look forward to the pleasure of sharing our little corner of the internet.

8. nashvilledenim

nashvilledenim New Member

Long time lurker, finally decided to join and hopefully get involved in the denim forum, as well as expanding my own knowledge about menswear and shoes. Originally from Ohio, currently a student in Nashville, working in retail to fuel my personal addiction to clothing (especially quality raw denim). If you're from Nashville hit me up, I've only met a few true diehard denimheads here. The vintage workwear is really my current passion, though my style really varies by the day and how I feel. I am in love with materials that age and patina as they wear over time, and hope to share some of my personal leather goods and denim on here soon!

9. donjuan17

donjuan17 Senior member

Welcome all!
    I'm keeping my eye on this one...

1 person likes this.
  10. MrXavier

MrXavier Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

11. Greggy500

Greggy500 Member

Hi I'm Greg. I was born in the city, but have lived almost all my adult life in the sticks. I love the country life. I love my jeans and corduroy and am not ashamed of the chicken crap on the bottom of my shoes. That being said I hate the way men dress here in the north woods of Michigan. Baseball caps and carharts, baseball caps and carharts, and more baseball caps!!! I refuse to wear one anymore!. I now wear flat caps, and newsboys hats exclusevly except for my cllassic Ted Nugent cowboy hat that I wear during the summer months. These country boys up here wear whatever is handy regardless of the occasion. They wear blue jeans and t shirts to weddings, and funerals and everything inbetween. Not me...not anymore. I'm out to show the local boys how it's done and need all the help I can get. [​IMG]

12. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Hi! I recently lost weight and am buying new new clothes. I went from a high of 227 down to 178 which has been stable for a while. Pretty much everything I owned besides shoes doesn't fit right anymore. [​IMG] I wear casual clothes, mostly jeans and streetwear... I am self employed and almost never need to dress up. I live near Boulder, CO and it's rare to see more formal menswear even in fancy restaurants. I have been lurking for a while and figured I might as well join.

13. wbacph

wbacph New Member

Hi there, I'm Morgan. I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark with roots in Manchester, UK. I've been aware of styleforum for a while but only decided to join today. I've been a part of the OffHand forum for quite a while, and before that the FoundNYC cp company/si forum. I'm a sociology student at university of copenhagen, and I support myself by working for Norse Projects. I'm into the usual, clothes, football, music and reading.

cheers

14. charlesgoodyear

charlesgoodyear Member

Norwegian's can not dress, and I am one of them. However I do only wear English made shoes, so that is a start I guess.

15. ryden

ryden New Member

I'm Jerry...just trying to get the hang of the business fashion world.

16. leadstylist

leadstylist Member

Hey everyone. I stumbled across this site looking for recommendations on boot cut dress pants and was excited to see all of the other great info, especially e men's forums. I'm a hairstylist by trade but I am currently working as a brand manager for a proffessional haircare manufacturer. I love fashion and tend to skew toward a proffessional yet cutting edge/trendy type of look. I think mens fashion can be a bit boring so I like to push the envelope a bit. I have a total fetish for 2or more inch cuban heeled/beetle/Chelsea boots, I like the height and I feel like they make me walk with better posture. I'm also a hopeless fan of black clothing, lol- especially shirts and coats. Anyway, that's about it... I'm pretty busy a lot of the time but I hope I can check in a few times a week atleast! I look forward to talking with all of you!

17. Stuart Spence

Stuart Spence New Member

Hey there, I am stu and I am 21. I currently study fashion at university and am in my final year. I also work for one of the biggest fashion retailers in the UK. I am awful at introduction posts!

1 person likes this.
  18. ManChild

ManChild New Member

My name is Adam... I'm a poor college student who enjoys window shopping. I like to eat, drink and carry on. I hope to occasionally use StyleForum as an avenue for advice, but mostly as a way to be introduced to all the awesome and stylish things out there that I want but can't quite afford.

19. susanjoydesign

susanjoydesign Member

I am Susan from Susanjoydesign and I make bow ties. Actually just started making them and need some additional help with designing them sine I never wore them before! I usually do high end art show and made them for a show in Baltimore and the response were great! My bow ties are make of silk and the original art work is make from Encaustics. Encaustics is where I paint with Bees wax and Oil Paint. After I transfer my designs to fabric. Seems like a long process but know they are made with care. I joined because I want to learn more about the
    "ART of the Tie!" I always thought only accountants wore them or Architects but eveyone has proved me wrong..

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!
    [​IMG]

20. princeofdublin

princeofdublin New Member

Hullo!

My name is Adam, Im new here, can you show me around :)?

I manage a Gentlemens Outfitters in Dublin, Ireland. I really like classical tailoring with an edge and for me fabric, texture and fit are everything :)

I am young so am only really finding my personal style still but really enjoy emulating some of the greats like Clark Gable, Ernest Hemingway and my Grandfather in their style.

Brands I own and really enjoy the quality of are : Hackett of London, Hare of Tokyo, Drakes, Inis Meain and the list goes on.

Casually I wear nicely tailored indigo jeans, boots, unique belts, chambray shirts, chunky knits, tom ford & Oliver Peoples specs

Suited & Booted I wear cutaway collar shirts (mainly white), mad cufflinks, mohair & merino mix suits peaked and notched, my favorite is my Viktor & Rolf DB suit & knitted Ties

My favourite colour is Forest Green!