• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nate here. Joined SF after browsing it for a while. I thought I knew decent style, jokes on me. Just signed up to learn and eventually contribute. I'm from Phoenix so anything I get needs to help me bear 100+f weather. I'm 25 years old.

Thanks,

TheBKcircus

Reaction score
Whatsup Everyone. We are THE BROOKLYN CIRCUS, a Men's Lifestyle Brand & Boutique. Our first boutique opened 2006 in a quaint neighborhood in Brooklyn NYC. Since then we have humbly grown into a niche yet global brand (BKc) with an additional shop in San Francisco.
Experience more at www.TheBKcircus.com

Excited about joining in on the Styleforum fun!

hucklecat

Reaction score
HI there! I came here to learn more about vintage clothing and style. My wife and I are avid thrifters and sell on ebay ( http://stores.ebay.com/DVK-Online )
The thrill of finding treasures and passing them on to others who appreciate the same is our drive. We hope to learn lots from you all (spoken in a southern drawl).

A lot of the items we sell on Ebay and at our website is normal pre-owned clothing, but we do periodically come across true vintage items. I need to learn what is valuable vs. what is "normal"
In our rush to find fast sellers we quickly look through thousands of items per week. We dislike the thought of passing over something that is rare or hard to find. Not for the monetary reason, but for the idea that an item would be purchased for someone unaware of the rarity or uniqueness that item may have.

We know denim only but really need to branch out and really need an education!

i am error

Reaction score
hey...
i'm just here to learn mostly. i post on reddit's mfa, but want to learn more about and expand on streetwear, which isn't covered too well there...
i've lurked a little here, and this seems like a cool forum.

thanks

old timer

Reaction score
know what you mean, learned quality from my dad, he was a dairy farmer with six children, if my mom bought us something cheap, his would raise holy hell, did not have a lot of money back then, but he always told us that there was a difference between price and value

deek

Reaction score
Hi I've been a reader of StyleForum for a long time and it has been a tremendous aid in helping me upgrade my look. I've gone from being a complete knuckledhead when it came to fashion to the person who my friends ask for advice. I don't mean to say that I'm a style icon - i'm not - but I am at least competent. All thanks goes to StyleForum for being the inspiration.

JPoli

Reaction score
Hello all, Ive become interested in my appearance and style only a couple years ago after moving to Melbourne Australia from Southern California, where I used to wear nothing but ill fitting surf wear.
I've made mistakes and am still learning everything about fit and materials, but I've made great strides, and now I'm finally starting to find my own personal style.
Unfortunate that Australia is less accommodating than America is in the retail availability and price brackets, but it took me leaving the SoCal environment for me to even get this far. Still, I've found some gems like Up There, Beggar Man Thief and RM Williams boots.

Hope to share in some discussions.

adhamh

Reaction score
Hello. I'm building a wardrobe from scratch, and slowly.

I'm a humble gentleman, 5' 7" & 38S generally in a suit. I hope to reap the benefits of those more knowledgeable than myself.

CanGren

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to pop in here for my first post.

I joined this forum because I'm trying to create a more "mature" wardrobe. I'm 22 years old, Canadian but currently in France for graduate studies. I wear mostly oxfords/polos from J.Crew and RL with slim tapered APC jeans, and am currently trying to improve my shoe game. I've browsed this website occasionally over the years, and it's because of this website that I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds 5 years ago in high school.

Now looking for a pair of monks and some oxfords, and think I'm going to start with some from Meermina! I've been reading that thread all night, and they seem very promising.

stylememerry

Reaction score
I am a 25 year old women, with a strong interest and passion for men's wear. You could say it is in my blood my family had a mens department store in Denver for 80 years it closed the year I was born. I just moved to the Detroit area after being in Chicago for 2 years. I desperately miss big city life. I currently work at Nordstrom. when I lived in Chicago I worked at an independent shoe store in wicker park. I sort of fell into shoes I have a background in politics my bachelors is in Political Science, I was all set up to work in politics after college only to have a change of heart. I aspire to start my own business

afton1

Reaction score
I work in a fashion company surrounded by stylish women, feel that I need to update
my wardrobe, hence joining this forum :)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I work in a fashion company surrounded by stylish women, feel that I need to update
my wardrobe, hence joining this forum :)

Feel free to post flicks of said stylish women!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hey...

i'm just here to learn mostly. i post on reddit's mfa, but want to learn more about and expand on streetwear, which isn't covered too well there... 
i've lurked a little here, and this seems like a cool forum. 

thanks

Hi I've been a reader of StyleForum for a long time and it has been a tremendous aid in helping me upgrade my look. I've gone from being a complete knuckledhead when it came to fashion to the person who my friends ask for advice. I don't mean to say that I'm a style icon - i'm not - but I am at least competent. All thanks goes to StyleForum for being the inspiration.

Hello all, Ive become interested in my appearance and style only a couple years ago after moving to Melbourne Australia from Southern California, where I used to wear nothing but ill fitting surf wear.
I've made mistakes and am still learning everything about fit and materials, but I've made great strides, and now I'm finally starting to find my own personal style.
Unfortunate that Australia is less accommodating than America is in the retail availability and price brackets, but it took me leaving the SoCal environment for me to even get this far. Still, I've found some gems like Up There, Beggar Man Thief and RM Williams boots.

Hope to share in some discussions.

Hello. I'm building a wardrobe from scratch, and slowly.

I'm a humble gentleman, 5' 7" & 38S generally in a suit. I hope to reap the benefits of those more knowledgeable than myself.

Hey, just wanted to pop in here for my first post.

I joined this forum because I'm trying to create a more "mature" wardrobe. I'm 22 years old, Canadian but currently in France for graduate studies. I wear mostly oxfords/polos from J.Crew and RL with slim tapered APC jeans, and am currently trying to improve my shoe game. I've browsed this website occasionally over the years, and it's because of this website that I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds 5 years ago in high school.

Now looking for a pair of monks and some oxfords, and think I'm going to start with some from Meermina! I've been reading that thread all night, and they seem very promising.

I am a 25 year old women, with a strong interest and passion for men's wear. You could say it is in my blood my family had a mens department store in Denver for 80 years it closed the year I was born. I just moved to the Detroit area after being in Chicago for 2 years. I desperately miss big city life. I currently work at Nordstrom. when I lived in  Chicago I worked at an independent shoe store in wicker park. I sort of fell into shoes I have a background in politics my bachelors is in Political Science, I was all set up to work in politics after college only to have a change of heart. I aspire to start my own business

Hai and welcome!!!

D M B

Reaction score
DMB here. I'm a retired Army officer and currently a detective sergeant with a medium size agency in the south. I blow money on nice watches, shoes/boots, and cigars. Due to the hazards of the job, I don't dress for Wallstreet but still like to wear something in the "nice" range with respect to footwear. I've been wearing a simple Rolex GMT II or Sea Dweller in the military and continue to wear one in Law Enforcement. A decent watch is one thing that I won't compromise on. If I go boots up at work, I'm not going out wearing a plastic digital watch. See you on the boards. - D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics