• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dirtybird

Reaction score
Hi guys, very long time lurker, finally signed up to post and ask questions and sometimes give input. Just like clothing and fashion since high school, always looking for ways to spend my money on stuff like watches and shoes and bags!

londonbreed

Reaction score
Hi my name is jay im from london and wouldnt say ive allowed myself to dress the way i would like pretty much to do with some what feeling friends would judge me as i like to dress smart compare to them but ive decided enough is enough lol.

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I have been a regular reader of the forum for a few months now. I recently graduated from Optometry school and finally have some money coming in to update my wardrobe with (I still have some clothes in my closet from when I graduated high school...I know, I know). I recently threw out about 3/4's of what was in my closet and have forbidden anyone in my family from buying clothes for me unless I approve them first. I know it will take time to build up my wardrobe to the way I want it, and it's tough to be patient, but I look forward to asking the fine members of this board many questions along the way.

Here is my current wish list:

5 - light worsted wool dress pants, flat front: black, dark gray, light gray, brown, tan
(I currently have a large stock of various colored chinos and some casual & dress jeans)

5 - 100% cotton wrinkle-free dress shirts, slim fit: 2 white, blue, white/blue checkered, white/blue striped

4 - light worsted wool suits, slim fit, fully canvassed: dark gray, light gray, navy, black

1 - linen suit, slim fit: white/light khaki

3 - blazers/sport coats, slim fit, fully canvassed: navy, tan, gray

2 - topcoats: dark gray/black wool, tan trenchcoat

2 - peacoats: black/dark gray, brown/tan

8 - no-button cuffed bottom polos: white, black, blue, green, maroon, tan, purple, yellow

8 - v-neck, nice, dressy tee shirts

A barrage of new ties: especially skinny ones

Shoes:
1-black balmoral oxford (I have the AE Vernon on order)
1-brown oxford
1-walnut oxford with brogueing
1-burgandy oxford
1-brown slipon
1-black monk strap
1-boat shoe
1-brown sandal
1-casual canvas shoe

Sweaters, v-neck, wool: black, gray, tan, maroon, blue, green, yellow, gray argyle, blue argyle

Hope it was ok for me to type all that. I'm glad to be a member of the board and hope everyone has a great weekend.

SOAZ

Reaction score
I'm always looking for good deals on quality items. I've learned to cry once and buy the best so it lasts.

I buy gear that gets hard use like hiking, hunting, riding vintage dirt bikes and more.

I also buy gear that see's relatively easy use in offices and on airplanes.

As long as it's honestly and well made, I like it.

Elfsberg

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm Elfsberg. Male born 1966 with wife and two kids. Live in Sweden and work in the financial industry. I'm a keen photographer, Starcraft 2 player and sour-dough baker.

I'm also a Gaziano&Girling freak.

nomadpat

Reaction score
HI everyone. Might as well do the obligatory first post :)

I'm new to the style game. My work is business casual and I was the classic slacks/polo shirt dude all the time. It all started with buying an Armani suit from a consignment store (Dress 4 Less in Denver, awesome store by the way!) and paired it up with some nice Zegna and Isaia shirts. Amazing how comfortable the good stuff is. I've since added Isaia, Samuelsohn suits and a nice Armani jacket to the mix. I've had some trial and error along the way (especially with shirts - now I know to pay attention to the shoulder and chest measurements). I'm always looking to add to the closet.

I think French cuffs are more comfortable than barrel cuffs and prefer wearing them.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HI everyone.  Might as well do the obligatory first post :)

I'm new to the style game.  My work is business casual and I was the classic slacks/polo shirt dude all the time.  It all started with buying an Armani suit from a consignment store (Dress 4 Less in Denver, awesome store by the way!) and paired it up with some nice Zegna and Isaia shirts.  Amazing how comfortable the good stuff is.  I've since added Isaia, Samuelsohn suits and a nice Armani jacket to the mix.  I've had some trial and error along the way (especially with shirts - now I know to pay attention to the shoulder and chest measurements).  I'm always looking to add to the closet.

I think French cuffs are more comfortable than barrel cuffs and prefer wearing them. 

sup...

koan0802

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm AJ. I joined up because of the range of topics I've come across on this forum and some of the discussions here. It looks like there's a bunch of members who are very generous with their time and experience, and I look forward to learning and sharing on a variety of subjects (with the occasional buy/sell transaction).

My main interest (at present) is watches, especially vintage automatic and mechanical wind watches. However, jackets have been gaining my interest slowly...it never ends, does it?
biggrin.gif

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hello all, I'm AJ. I joined up because of the range of topics I've come across on this forum and some of the discussions here. It looks like there's a bunch of members who are very generous with their time and experience, and I look forward to learning and sharing on a variety of subjects (with the occasional buy/sell transaction).

My main interest (at present) is watches, especially vintage automatic and mechanical wind watches. However, jackets have been gaining my interest slowly...it never ends, does it? :D

sup.

klaytos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Seem to end up at this forum for most information so thought I would start an account.

tubs

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Brett. I'm about to purchase a suit for my wedding, so I've been frequenting the site quite a bit in the last two weeks for information about brand quality. I did a lot of field work as a hydrologist for my previous job, so I mostly wore old college t-shirts and jeans that I didn't mind ruining. I like wearing nicer weekend clothes and am looking forward to developing my personal style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics