• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jester87

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Jester and I'm currently a law student.

I generally dress casual unless it is work / school related. Lately I've been more interested in professional style as I get closer to graduation and work for a medium sized law firm.

I have a few pairs of Diesel Jeans, a bunch of polo shirts, random shoe assortment, and a Rolex watch I got for as a gift for UG graduation.

PeeCeeBee

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I came across this forum many moons ago but never did i expect myself to sign up until today.
I am from Singapore and i enjoy fashion though i am never a fashionable guy per say.

Weakness for shoes and still trying to learn more about it.

Hope to pick up some tips to help me dress better in the future.

Cheers,
Alex

nextle

Reaction score
Hi !

As many of the new members, I've been reading the forum for a while now and I've decided to join the community
smile.gif

Cheers,
Nextle

transylvanian

Reaction score
Hello, there! Name's transylvanian.
Male, 25 going on 26, 6'2", 230 lbs.
Canadian to a fault. Converting to Reform Judaism.

My personal style icons are all way cooler than me and I feel that listing them would be an act of astonishing hubris.
But I will throw my lot in with Holden Caulfield, fictional character though he is...

I like Lacoste, Sperry Topsider, Converse, Clarks Originals, TOMS, Vans, Sorel, Glamour Kills, Drop Dead, Threadless, Old Navy, BOSS, Burberry, Canada Goose, Ray-Ban, Persol...
...plus DIY, upcycled, etc., whatever I find in thrift stores and on Etsy. I like brand names but they're hardly everything to me, whatevs.

I don't have a style blog, but my wife Roxie does: Fabric Strips and Ruby Lips. I'm on there occasionally. Check it out!

Nice to meet all of you!

Stirling

Reaction score
Hello All,

Decided to join today after relying on SF as a source of info for some time. I have a strong interest in fine Tailoring, given personal connections to the Row & am well versed in the art of Shoemaking. But my day job in the City takes up most of my time at the mo...

Look forward to exchanging posts with you all soon.

Stirling, UK

irgendwas

Reaction score
Hello!

Having been reading this forum for some time, I finally registered today.
I am currently 17 years old, male and living in Vienna, Austria. Probably contrary to most other members, my main interest concerning clothing lies in the history and sociology of clothing and fashion and not so much in actual clothes, but this does not mean I do not care about my wardrobe. I have an aversion to both mindless fashion-forwardness and stubborn sartorial conservativism.

Cheers,
irgendwas

lifelong890

Reaction score
Hello! Just found SF and joined because I am embarking on somewhat of a wardrobe revamp (seems as though I have been violating MANY of the "rules"). Trying to do this on a bit of a budget, but being on a budget doesn't mean I can't pull it off, so I hope!

JohnnyAce

Reaction score
Yoyo, I just got on the whole selvedge denim bandwagon and used this site for info. Figured why not join.

congejunior

Reaction score
hello everyone,
My name is Zeze. I am currently 19 years old, male and living in Jakarta, Indonesia
I am interesting all about jeans, especially history of levis, lee, and wrangler
So I decided to join today after relying on Indonesian denim community as a source of info for denim.

Thanks, Best Regards
Zeze

avishai

Reaction score
Greetings! New here, am addicted to vintage clothing, and finding them, mining various places for treasure. Love selvage levi's, handpainted ties, Vintage florsheim and other shoes, sharkskin suits, basically anything from the 20's-70's

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another frequent lurker signs up!

All my life, I've been dealing with the issue of finding good clothing in short sizes, and as I age, short becomes short and stout. I browse a lot of men's style sites, and this one seems worth joining. I am always looking for sources of quality short men's clothing in eastern New England. A lot of my wardrobe was a good fit for the thin man I once was, and I'm going through a phase of replacing a lot of it, and taking the opportunity to upgrade the quality at the same time.

I have little or no interest in current trends in fashion. I have my own pretty well-developed sense of my own personal style, which suits me quite well, and and tends toward classic styles rather than what's popular lately. I run the gamut from old jeans and a T-shirt to black tie, depending on the situation, and in the dressier situations, I like to look sharp. I don't care much for pedantic "rules" of style ... when someone on one of these forums writes that such-and-such a rule is "not negotiable", I tend to chuckle and move on to a different thread. I follow the dress codes requested by my hosts, as a gentleman should, and when necessary, I abide by dress codes that apply to my work. That can range from jeans and T-shirt to black tie, which is a lot like my life outside of work! But other than the requests of my hosts and requirements of my work, I usually don't care if people think I'm breaking some rule. Well, I guess I consider the views of the lady I'm with, as well, but if I think I'm well dressed and she disagrees, maybe we're not right for each other.

-- "Moe"

wiarumas

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I'm wiarumas and I'm new here. I've been lurking a while and decided to join.

I'm mostly interested in dress clothes as they are my work attire - even in my casual wear, I'm always wearing a collared shirt whether it be a polo or button down. I'm not big into fashion as much as I am interested in looking appropriate for work. It started as a chore but grew into a hobby.

Right now I'm a bit of a bargain shopper (relatively speaking - opting for Land's End shirts over Brooks Brothers for example). Hoping to slowly but surely replace them with higher end stuff as I progress through my career. :)

Brendon

Reaction score
Hi I am Brendon a Bespoke Cutter and Tailor in New Zealand and I joined and posted my first post today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads