Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Austinii

Austinii Member

Hi All,

Springtime greetings from Nantes - France!

I'm an engineer, which means I can do anything practical, including cooking and sewing! I can do a swell job on hand stitched buttonholes.
    I buy expensive clothes and shoes because I can't afford to repeatedly buy cheap stuff.
    I glaze my shoes, but when nobody is around cos my kids were brought up to pisstake on obsessive behavior!

Let's make the best of what we get!

Austinii

2. revwib

revwib New Member

Hi I'm revwib - been lurking for a while, and finally thought I'd start posting. Living in south Florida for a few months now, so need to upgrade my warm weather style.

3. icenyne

icenyne Member

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.

4. ChrisMad

ChrisMad New Member

Hey, SF!

I'm Chris, a Media Management student from Ohio, just getting into the style game. It's tough saving for big purchases on a college budget, but the waiting process at least gives me more time to educate myself before pulling the trigger. I recently copped a pair of Epaulet Rivet Chinos, and next on the list is some selvage denim and nicer shoes. Here's to learning as much as I can about all things sartorial!

Cheers!

5. firsttimecaller

firsttimecaller New Member

Hi there,

I'm a first time poster, long time reader.

As the lyrics go, I come from the land down under. I appreciate good quality and well made clothing and shoes, preferring classic styles than the 'in thing'.

Big fan of tailor made suits and RM Williams boots (they fit like a glove, look great, last long and you can wear them on a farm or in a boardroom - sometimes on the same day) and tailor made white shirts.

I own a company, like good red wine, good conversation and women with just the right amount of deviant in them.

Cheers from the southern hemisphere.

6. edescending

edescending New Member

Hello,

I'm found this forum from /r/MFA. I've worn t-shirts and jeans my whole life. I came here to learn.

7. david001

david001 New Member

Hello.

My name is David and I am new-entrant into the world of a slightly more discerning approach to men's clothing.

My initial foray has been to buy a pair of Loake Aldwych shoes, which I am rather pleased with.

I will probably be focussing on shoes for the time being, but who knows what the future may bring.

All the best.

Last edited: May 4, 2012

8. ghandis brosef

ghandis brosef Member

Joined Style Forum 3-4 months ago looking for advice on a new suit purchase...have since found my credit card balance rising...but look good though! Oh yeah, I work in finance out of Seattle.

9. natiekell

natiekell Member

Hi everyone! im Natalie, im pleased to be a part of this forum. Im here to learn from the experts.

10. JFLHK

JFLHK New Member

Hi everyone,

I first visited this community 2 years ago at the recommendation of a friend and I've since discovered sartorial advice and inspiration beyond measure. My love of fine suits, shirts, shoes, ties and pocket squares have stemmed largely from these forums and I thank you all for the ever increasing card bills that are sent to me each and every month.

Cheers,
    JFL

11. noface17

noface17 Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm a former forum member (a few years ago, when I was still at university and had a lot more time...can't remember my nickname...), occasional SF and AAAC lurker and European cosmopolitan with international English/ British and East Coast/ Ivy League -inspired wardrobe.
    Hoping to give an get intersting input.
    Regards
    noface

12. HermesLover

HermesLover Member

Hi, I'm Mohun - I live in Central Pennsylvania - Married w/ children. My wife can't understand my weakness for Ferragamo's and Hermes ties. It irks her that I have more shoes than she does...

13. bcc625

bcc625 New Member

I've been looking these forums for a while now, as I'm trying to redo my wardrobe, and improve my fashion sense. As a recent graduate stepping into the real world, its time to step it up a notch.

14. YoungHobokenGun

YoungHobokenGun New Member

YoungHobokenGun and Happy to finally be part of the SF family

15. plustwobonus

plustwobonus Member

Hi all, plustwo here. Been interested in clothing and style for 4 or 5 years now (tried, but never quite got it during college), and have only gotten serious over the past year or two. Found my way here from a few places after getting bored of /r/MFA, hoping to get serious about the "less is more" approach to buying.

I'm in engineering in southern california/los angeles, so while I get stuck with biz casual on weekdays, I'm open to experimenting in the evenings and on weekends.