1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rixon

Rixon Well-Known Member

I am Adam and I live in Calgaryland, but have lived around the world in areas like USA, Russia, China, the UAE, and of course Canada. I am 26 now and a graduate of international business, marketing, and trade. I work as a consultant.

I made the decision to try and dress nicer a year ago after a sales associate influenced me to purchase an expensive and crappy blazer that could not be tailored to work. I have a background in training for Architecture, so I'm a bit of a designer at heart and I know what I am looking for in my style now.

Unsure if I have any favourites just yet. I love the clothing I have from Brunello Cucinelli, Tom Ford, Canali, Smedley, Isaia, or even Ecco, Polo... as long at it fits nicely I tend to be happy. I tend to go for a cleaner style that looks effortless and for the most part I like the notion of quiet luxury. I do not want an item to scream a brand name. I'd rather it compliment, not distract, from me.

Other interests: I am an expert skier and beyond athletics I practice photography, arts, reading up on business, psychology, and astronomy and I love my coffee.

I am here to improve my understanding of the menswear area and perhaps find some good deals.

Best,

2 people like this.
  2. zepherrahommes

zepherrahommes New Member

Hello!

I am Charlene. I am a menswear designer. I style and design clothes for mens, mostly in classic menswear. I also design and make mens accessories for my own brand. I am interested to learn more about menswear in this forum.

Best,
    Charlene

1 person likes this.
  3. JRas

JRas Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Jihad (quite the unfortunate name to have these days). I'm 23 and have recently started my career in the science filed. When I commit to something, whether it's my work or personal duties, I am sure to give it my all.

I have always been interested in dressing as a proper gentleman should back in my high school days, but never knew where to begin. I have been a long time lurker as discovering this forum has been incredible help for me in the recent year, so I decided to create an account while I amass my wardrobe. Although uncommon in the science field, my interest is classic menswear on a daily basis in and out of work.

I thank you all for the advice and help and greeting to everyone!

Thank you!

4. Knulp

Knulp New Member

Hello everyone.

I live in Spain, I am here to learn. I like dress pants, jeans, suit jackets, brogue shoes, winter boots, etc.

Thanks to all

5. Watchpro

Watchpro New Member

I'm Suzanne, a menswear fashion graduate from Scotland who now works in the watch industry.
    I'm here to share my knowledge and offer advice when it comes to all things horological

6. RabidOrphan

RabidOrphan Active Member

Hello,

I am Alex The Orphan. I am in my mid-thirties and have reached the point where I can live comfortably without working. Unfortunately, my wallet grew up in the project, so it has a problem with insecurity and it likes to throw money at everything. I am here to seek help for my wallet. Hopefully, together, we can teach my wallet to stop throwing money at everything and be more classy.

7. DanielBA

DanielBA Member

Dear Gentlemen,

I am Daniel, from Buenos Aires, Argentina, I came across with this forum while I was looking for information about traditional and high quality umbrellas. As I really liked all what I read from you, I signed up immediatly.

As a way to synthesize my interests, I think is important to mention that my parents are from Italy, so, part of my heritage is the taste for style, and now, as mid age man, I started to wear according to my age. I think that the two more elegant men in the world are Matteo Renzi (the Prime Minister of Italy) and the actor Daniel Craig (his first name and mine are just a coincidence).
    It is a really pleasure to share with you my experiences, and, looking forward to learn from you too.

By the way, please feel free to correct me if you find any inconsistency in my English skills (I'll appreciate your help, also, in my second language).

Regards,

Daniel

8. Bernardo

Bernardo Member

Hi, I'm Bernardo. I'm Originally from Spain but located in London. I'm in my early 40's.

I landed here when I was doing my research to renew my wardrobe. I'm reading a lot and getting very helpful information from this forum.

Thank you

9. IgnatiusCReilly

IgnatiusCReilly New Member

Hello all!

I'm Will, 24, from South Carolina but now located in Colorado. Brand new to the community (and must confess my style knowledge is barely more developed than my s.f. account), but love reading the incredible wealth of knowledge here.

Only recently gained employment (writing/marketing) that allows me to indulge/cultivate the interest. Grew up in Southern style/culture, but really developing an affinity for the Americana-meets-international style that seems to be popular in the Rocky Mountain ski/resort-towns. Studied 20th Century American Lit. (esp. Southern--hence username) in college/grad school, so I'm a real sucker for the romance of classic style.

Looking forward to learning a lot, and hopefully contributing something of value in due time!

10. Bartek

Bartek Active Member

Hello,
    I am Bartek, aged 41, and I live in Poland. My preferred style is smart-casual,I would like to renew my wardrobe, but being totally out-of-proportions I want to explore some MTM options, and I’ve found this forum extremely useful in this regard.

All the best!

11. ChrisAsap

ChrisAsap New Member

Hi People!

I'm Chris, this is my first post since i've been a member here, think its the right time to say hi to this awesome community!

The goal is to deepen my knowledge towards menswear, and make some friends here.

I'm really into traditional tailoring, or an old school way of doing things while wanting to bridge the contemporary look of our now society.

so hopefully we'll all get along and teach one another!

Peace.

12. BeautifulPatio

BeautifulPatio New Member

My name is Véronique and I'm just curious to see men talking about fashion :D

13. DanielBA

DanielBA Member

Welcome, and, enjoy!!

14. BeginnerStyle

BeginnerStyle Member

I'm John.

My wardrobe consists of Hurley, Volcom, DC etc. After realizing I was 34, I thought I should start dressing like an adult [​IMG]

I recently purchased a few MTM shirts from Spier and Mackay, a couple pairs of Allen Edmonds, and would like to expand on what I have.

15. Scelerat

Scelerat Well-Known Member

Good morning everybody. I've occasionally looked at this forum and finally decided to join. I am no longer a young man, have two grown up sons, am married and am still working, although I long for retirement! My wife, to her lasting regret, kindled my interest in clothes, an interest which has continued ever since.
    I live near Cambridge, in Cambridgeshire, and work in Suffolk.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  16. DanielBA

DanielBA Member

Welcome to the forum: we are almost in the same situation, newbie here in this forum and in our middle age. You have an advantage: you live close to several resources like John Lobb (shoemaker), Anderson & Sheppard (tailor) and those two excellent umbrella manufacturers: James Smith and Brigg... I know that I mentioned expensive things, but, happiness is never complete.

17. pashmina

pashmina New Member

Hello guys,

Nicolai from Denmark is checking in

18. DevilChef

DevilChef New Member

Recently retired Chef with an '79 Cadillac Eldorado in the carport with a trunk full of leisure suits, qiana shirts, faux silk boxers, and plastic boots, now that history has ended I'm waiting for fashion to regress until we meet up at a swap meet and I can find those 1960's 501's I long for.

19. watchaser

watchaser New Member

New member here. Always enjoyed surfing the forums so I thought I'd join.

My name is Anh, 35 from California. As for style, I am a selvedge denim, t-shirt, kicks, and watches kind of guy. Denim all selvedge and can range from RRL, rag and bone to jcrew. Any comfortable t-shirt works. Shoes can range from common projects, Nike flyknit to YSL boots. As for my time pieces, you can find me rocking a Casio to a Rolex or one of my few audemars piguet.

Looking forward to picking up a few style ideas on the forums.

20. printana

printana Member

Hello, I'm Prin from Bangkok, Thailand. I'm now studying in London. Glad to join this forum :)