• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seidh

Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

This looks like a great forum.

Lansing999

Reaction score
Just a quick hello.
I am Alexander and I love the site.
Looking forward to becoming an active member

pdl2mtl90

Reaction score
New member. Found the forum when doing a Google search for alterations of a wool overcoat. Seemed like some good advice so thought I would join up. Looking forward to doing some reading.

hermesman69

Reaction score
Hi, Naz 28 from Yorkshire.
Sales assistant in retail.
Trying to grasp the world of fashion again after a 7 year absence lol.

kdick

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kevin from Oklahoma. Recently lost a lot of weight and now am more interested in how I look and how I dress.

A lot of good information here - thanks!

espen

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm Elliott from Toronto. Been reading this forum for way too long, thought it's time to sign up. Lots of good advice floating around here, hope to contribute some too!

prayingrobot

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm from Illinois originally but move around the midwest a lot. I wear jeans too often. But I can stop anytime I want, just like beer.
Trying for a niche that remains elusive, I cleaned the slate and ditched my True Religion and RnR. I'm 6' 175#, reasonably fit and now thinking Diesel and Armani jeans would be a bit more subtle and still pop. I live in a rural area but would like to have a complete wardrobe for travel and local occasions.

I saw some great SF posts on chinos (Epaulet) and chelsea boots. Seems like no one is wearing or making chelsea but since there is no chance of me wearing monkstraps or chukkas, I might just grab a pair. Like other posters, I am a bit addicted to rip-off euro fashion sneakers. Can't think of the brands, got several at Blufly.

My favorite piece is proabably my John Varvatos Gaiter button boot. Or a form fitting reverse stitch cashmere sweater that is perfection in feather gray.

I like watches, cars, trucks, computers, guns, literature, science, dining out, music, and theology. I'd love to chat with you about those things.

I hope to dress better and in long pursuit of that, support the US/Euro economies a bit.

peace

turcy

Reaction score
Glad to have finally joined SF.

Been browsing the other usual suspects for nearly a decade now, so it's time to complete the circle / try on another hat. ;D

SF seems like a nice place - a healthy mix of every man from every mind-set of fashion, and good advice to be found all around.

Pleasure.

puzzled

Reaction score
I'm "puzzled". I am 81 years old and still like to wear dressy clothes. However I am overweight and have a pot. So I am forced to buy "executive fit" suits and sport coats. Lately, that means JC Penny. I can' t find stuff like that on line so far. I don't like denim and prefer khakis in various colors. Most of those I purchase at STP. I have bought clothes on ebay but that is never reliable. My shoes are also a problem because I wear size 14 in a dress shoe or 15 in an athletic shoe. I only wear dress shoes for dress up occasions and to church. My favorite brand for fit and quality is Allen Edmunds. Also I have found that STP clothes are not reliably high quatity although they are all described that way.
I live in Eastern Washington State near the Columbia River, and I am a great grandfather.

masterphotog

Reaction score
Hello SF, I'm from the great Hoosier state and was lucky enough to escape the rash of tornados that we were recently hit by. I was within 10 miles of Henryville, the site of the hardest hit town, where there is no more Henryville High School.

I've recently found myself spending hours per week on your forum looking for clothes that fit my style and likes. As a photographer, I'm a very conservative/classic dresser and tend to lean toward the earth tone colors.

Here's an image of my most recent purchase!

ERNurse

Reaction score
Hi all,

Rich from Massachusetts here. I've been lurking for about a week and have learned so much already. Thank you all for the wonderful information and opinions.

I'm currently transitioning jobs from being a clinical ER nurse to working in Medical software sales. I have always been a jeans and T's kinda guy so the world of men's fashion is pretty new to me, and I have much to learn. It seems though that I have found a fantastic resource on these pages, and a new obsession.

ERNurse Rich

alkessl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm from the Chicago suburbs, and will be studying finance at Notre Dame next year. I run track and do triathlons on the side. I love dressing well, and always enjoy browsing this site.

By the way, lately I've been thrifting quite a bit (maybe more than I should!) - after finding a perfect fitting YSL suit for $15, I've been hooked.

Cheers

Gusto

Reaction score
Hello SF,

I'm Dan from California. I've recently become interested in rugged, high quality clothing (vintage repros, I suppose
nod[1].gif
). I appreciate the way things like raw denim and good leather ages and lasts. I'm looking forward to participating in these forums.

Last edited:

Chicano

Reaction score
Greetings SF,

I am 41, married with a five year daughter. Very lucky to have a great job, a municipal lawyer, and reside in one of greatest city's in the world - San Francisco. I've made many good choices in life, however, selecting quality men's suits is not one of them. Sadly, it is a skill that I never learned, appreciated, or was taught. I am beginning the deliberate process of upgrading and replacing my work wardrobe with an eye towards timeless style and highest quality.

To that end, I've spent a great deal of time lurking about this site and others. Learning. SF is a classroom, populated with smart people that are willing to share their knowledge and frank opinions. I do appreciate it.

As a result of reading this site and sending PM's to folks, I know the style that I prefer and I can speak more intelligently then before. Now, I have the confidence to take the plunge and commission my first bespoke. I really want to learn the entire process, so I obtained some lovely Minnis fresco from Andrewrogers, identified a City tailor (Spoon), and I even want to buy the buttons (horn or corozo nut? Decent sore in the City, Britex Fabrics carries buttons). I'll chronicle the process on SF.

I know that it's a long process, and I'm older, but it is never too late, right?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics