Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Salvaxinler

Salvaxinler New Member

Hello there I am Sal. Have been reading posts in SF for a while. I like the atmosphere SF provides.

2. Silhouette

Silhouette Senior member

Greetings from Sweden.

The name is Johan.

I'm a 24 year young economics student with a somewhat newly discovered interest for building a wardrobe. Previously I've been too cheap to invest in myself but with recent turmoil on financial markets I've decided to not stockpile my money any longer. I try to make quality deals at competetive prices as I can't afford top-notch brands at the moment. I try to shape my own style with elegance through classic appearances but I have yet to learn a great deal about my preferences. I'm also going to delve into fashion and its history. Perhaps I'll learn to sew and create something of my own.

Glad to have entered this exclusive club.

Do not hesitate to send me offers of items if you live in Europe.

Kind regards.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

3. Seidh

Seidh New Member

Greetings everyone,

This looks like a great forum.

4. Lansing999

Lansing999 Member

Just a quick hello.
    I am Alexander and I love the site.
    Looking forward to becoming an active member

5. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 New Member

New member. Found the forum when doing a Google search for alterations of a wool overcoat. Seemed like some good advice so thought I would join up. Looking forward to doing some reading.

6. hermesman69

hermesman69 Member

Hi, Naz 28 from Yorkshire.
    Sales assistant in retail.
    Trying to grasp the world of fashion again after a 7 year absence lol.

7. kdick

kdick Member

Hi, I'm Kevin from Oklahoma. Recently lost a lot of weight and now am more interested in how I look and how I dress.

A lot of good information here - thanks!

8. espen

espen Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm Elliott from Toronto. Been reading this forum for way too long, thought it's time to sign up. Lots of good advice floating around here, hope to contribute some too!

9. prayingrobot

prayingrobot Active Member

Hello everyone,

I'm from Illinois originally but move around the midwest a lot. I wear jeans too often. But I can stop anytime I want, just like beer.
    Trying for a niche that remains elusive, I cleaned the slate and ditched my True Religion and RnR. I'm 6' 175#, reasonably fit and now thinking Diesel and Armani jeans would be a bit more subtle and still pop. I live in a rural area but would like to have a complete wardrobe for travel and local occasions.

I saw some great SF posts on chinos (Epaulet) and chelsea boots. Seems like no one is wearing or making chelsea but since there is no chance of me wearing monkstraps or chukkas, I might just grab a pair. Like other posters, I am a bit addicted to rip-off euro fashion sneakers. Can't think of the brands, got several at Blufly.

My favorite piece is proabably my John Varvatos Gaiter button boot. Or a form fitting reverse stitch cashmere sweater that is perfection in feather gray.

I like watches, cars, trucks, computers, guns, literature, science, dining out, music, and theology. I'd love to chat with you about those things.

I hope to dress better and in long pursuit of that, support the US/Euro economies a bit.

peace

10. turcy

turcy Member

Glad to have finally joined SF.

Been browsing the other usual suspects for nearly a decade now, so it's time to complete the circle / try on another hat. ;D

SF seems like a nice place - a healthy mix of every man from every mind-set of fashion, and good advice to be found all around.

Pleasure.

11. puzzled

puzzled Member

I'm "puzzled". I am 81 years old and still like to wear dressy clothes. However I am overweight and have a pot. So I am forced to buy "executive fit" suits and sport coats. Lately, that means JC Penny. I can' t find stuff like that on line so far. I don't like denim and prefer khakis in various colors. Most of those I purchase at STP. I have bought clothes on ebay but that is never reliable. My shoes are also a problem because I wear size 14 in a dress shoe or 15 in an athletic shoe. I only wear dress shoes for dress up occasions and to church. My favorite brand for fit and quality is Allen Edmunds. Also I have found that STP clothes are not reliably high quatity although they are all described that way.
    I live in Eastern Washington State near the Columbia River, and I am a great grandfather.

12. StrongDesire70

StrongDesire70 New Member

13. masterphotog

masterphotog Well-Known Member

Hello SF, I'm from the great Hoosier state and was lucky enough to escape the rash of tornados that we were recently hit by. I was within 10 miles of Henryville, the site of the hardest hit town, where there is no more Henryville High School.

I've recently found myself spending hours per week on your forum looking for clothes that fit my style and likes. As a photographer, I'm a very conservative/classic dresser and tend to lean toward the earth tone colors.

Here's an image of my most recent purchase!

[​IMG]

14. ERNurse

ERNurse New Member

Hi all,

Rich from Massachusetts here. I've been lurking for about a week and have learned so much already. Thank you all for the wonderful information and opinions.

I'm currently transitioning jobs from being a clinical ER nurse to working in Medical software sales. I have always been a jeans and T's kinda guy so the world of men's fashion is pretty new to me, and I have much to learn. It seems though that I have found a fantastic resource on these pages, and a new obsession.

ERNurse Rich

15. alkessl

alkessl Member

Hi all,

I'm from the Chicago suburbs, and will be studying finance at Notre Dame next year. I run track and do triathlons on the side. I love dressing well, and always enjoy browsing this site.

By the way, lately I've been thrifting quite a bit (maybe more than I should!) - after finding a perfect fitting YSL suit for $15, I've been hooked.

Cheers