• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dstarz

Reaction score
Hello All!

dstarz here, new member, longtime reader. I live in Los Angeles, CA, where I have had the pleasure of learning my craft, as well as learning how to dress for said craft. I have had the opportunity to wear and purchase, for low sums mind you, some great clothing, and it has only whetted my appetite! I had the great good fortune to have several things made by Antonio Gasbarri, listed in The Rob Report as one of the ten best custom tailors in the USA, and boy was he! He made most of what Desi Arnaz wore on "I Love Lucy", made for anyone imaginable, and made suits with a one-piece back! Yep, no seam in the jacket! And all rock of eye, yet! He passed away in 2003, and I miss him greatly: The effect he had on my life, as well as my wardrobe, is timeless....

I am also a rabid thrift-store shopper, as well as ebayer. Most recently, got a beautiful Etro suit at GW for $12.99, and, at a bit more expense but worth it, a Tommy Nutter original on ebay; three piece and in my size! Getting it back from the tailor today, after a few minor adjustments! Can't wait!!!

MrAdler

Reaction score
Hello!

MrAdler here, I'm currently studying at upper secondary technical school here in Sweden and I hope that I'll be studying for engineering in half a year. I have recently developed an interest in style and hope that this site can provide me with something.

Cheers!

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Hello, I've been reading the forums for a while and thought I would join. I'm a mid-20s urbanite, student and writer. Like many others here, I'm looking to upgrade my wardrobe, gain a little knowledge of style and hopefully someday be the best dressed guy in the room. Looking forward to following and contributing to the discussions.

DrZoidberg

Reaction score
The professors oldest friend, a filthy stinking lobster...

I found this forum while researching a pair of wingtip shoes that I picked up from eBay. A like new pair of Antonio Maurizis. They came in the mail and they fit like a glove. My love for them has made me wonder what other clothing I've been missing out on. So here I am (against my wallet's better judgement).

Badmook

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I found this forum after realizing I made a mistake buying suits from Men's Warehouse
shog[1].gif

I'm late 20's. Management in engineering industry. I've never really paid too much attention to men's dress, but I've started developing a big interest over the past few months. I've been trolling around here the past few weeks and even read through Alan Flusser's Dressing the Man. Good book I thought. A lot of useful information.

Glad to be a part of the forum. I'm sure I will have tons of questions.

Frugalista

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in my late twenties, engaged and have a 1 year old son. I'm originally from Southern California moved to South Carolina a couple of years ago and boy oh boy could some people use SF's help. I truly dislike this place not only because I can't be the frugalista I could be in California, but this weather is just intolerable. Anyway I've been lurking for quite a bit and decided I might as well dip my toes in the waters of SF. Would love to educate myself on men's fashion and then put that to use as I shop for my fiancé.

Noblesse

Reaction score
Hi all,

Another Australian member here. Just beginning full time work in a bank. Working on overhauling my professional wardrobe - balancing quality with affordability. I've already learned a lot from browsing SF, hoping to learn more and perhaps try something brave - such as a pocket square!

oldscotch

Reaction score
New member from Oz checking in. My search on Alden boots brought me to the forum.

Already spent hours reading through different threads & looks like I will soon have a much lighter wallet.

Andre Murphy

Reaction score
Just a short note to say Hello and tell you a bit about myself and my sense of style. I live in Rochdale Uk, and work in IT so normal smart casual office wear at work except friday which is dress down day. I like classic design and dressing to look smart. Weekend and days off I dress casual shirt and trousers unless I am working in which case it is jeans and T-shirts.

Andre

elamin

Reaction score
Hey everyone, My names Bayna (pronounced exactly how it looks). I'm a Samoan/Egyptian American male that currently lives in NYC. I'm also an ex-athlete of considerable height and frame, which dictates that my clothing is mostly tailored or made-to-measure. I also have an affinity for eclectic jewelry and accessories. Looking forward to meeting new ppl that share similar interests.

TomTom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Tom,32 from London,England.I'm very much into tailored suits,fine shirts and English made shoes.Besides that I'm also interested in Italian style as I lived in Italy for a couple of years.Looking forward to some nice discussions and stay stylish!

benjclark

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I'm Benjamin, 30, museum director in Montana. After researching photos for a project on the Great Depression, I couldn't help noticing how men dressed --- and I mean nearly every single man. Men in bread lines, men who walked hundreds of miles to pick sugar beets in eastern Montana (where I live) to feed families who were forced to stay behind --- all of them wearing coats and ties. All of them looking more respectable than I do when I work as a young professional who takes his job seriously. I realized it was time to start dressing not for the job I want, but for the job I have. I had a inkling of what that meant. I paid attention to what my grandfathers and father wore to work. My grandfathers were blue-collar guys but they still wore freshly pressed, collared shirts and trousers and even ties when they felt like they should. As "the boss" in my workplace, I've come to realize my actions/ behavior sets a tone for my employees. I knew this to be the case in a barely aware fashion, when I worked for others, but now that I'm on the other end, I see it much more. It's actually surprising. I've learned to keep a positive attitude and check some junk at the door before I come into the office, and now it's time to set the tone in how I dress too. In case anyone tracks it, I got here through Put This On.

keepitsimple

Reaction score
New to this forum. I was turned onto SF by a friend and I appreciate everyone's feedback.

I just keep it simple...

Neos

Reaction score
Hi,

Name is Frank. Senior in high school. My dream is to be a garbageman by day, and a magician by night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads