Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Sonofspain

Sonofspain New Member

Hello all. I'm 33 yrs. old and dig modern rustic stuff, something along the lines of reinterpreted classic men's workwear and repurposed vintage finds. Likes: selvedge denim, chambray fabrics, broken-in leather goods, tailored dress clothing, Yuketen and Red Wing, and waxed canvas. Dislikes: "relaxed fit" clothing, monk straps, white tube socks, sunglasses at night, and chunky athletic shoes.

I'm a Southerner born and bred and currently work in the financial industry. I joined the site mainly to share my opinions on men's style and seek out advice from other members. Probably the same reasons most joined up.

Regards,
    CS

2. Legal Eagle

Legal Eagle Well-Known Member

Hello gentlemen. I'm 33 and am also an Ask Andy forum member. I am mostly interested in classic dress attire. In fact, one of the reasons I joined is because you guys seem to post much more frequent and appealing items for sale in the way of suits. I'm also engaged to be married this October. I'm always looking for 41s-42s RLPL, Oxxford, and other fine suits, especially 3 piece suits. Looking forward to meeting you all.

3. Brendanc444

Brendanc444 New Member

Hey everybody!:D

My name is Brendan. There isn't much to me haha.
    I have to present myself to a ton of people, seeing as I do music and am going to be playing A LOT of shows; so looking decent and presenting a good image is always great.

4. jrocker

jrocker Member

Hello,
    I'm Edwin, I travel around but I'm currently at the university.

5. BeenHadSuit

BeenHadSuit New Member

Hey there,

Lurked here for a few years just absorbing knowledge. Got my first suit, thanks to Streetwear and Denim, from ThickAsThieves, and started ordering shirts from moderntailor. Joined to get some feedback from others, and just wanted to start giving a little back to the forums.

6. MarshB

MarshB New Member

Hi. I am Marsh, a new member here. [​IMG]

7. cacrosdale

cacrosdale New Member

I've been a subscriber to GQ for a long time, and dress mostly in business casual for work. On a lark, I began making clothes myself about a year ago (wife is an avid quilter so all the equipment was readily available to give it a shot). I have mostly made casual shirts, but have been moving up to dress shirts and casual pants. The process has been really helpful in getting an understanding of the details, terminology, processes of pattern making, designing, tailoring, etc.

8. perspective

perspective New Member

I'm a relative newbie to clothing beyond jeans and a hoodie but I'm starting in on building out a wardrobe suitable for my consulting and more formal social events. Reading around in SF has already been really helpful, as I learn more hopefully I can make a contribution as well.

9. phonetics4345

phonetics4345 New Member

Hi

Geoff here. I have my own mobile phone company. Not that i am greatly in to fashion but i like to keep up to date with wahts going on and would like to hear from others who want to keep up to date

10. Send A Raven

Send A Raven Active Member

hello
    my name is Peter, I live in London and run the men's clothing and style blog Send A Raven (not sure I can put the link here so better not). I have an addiction to all things men's clobber and love photography and have just found this forum so thought I'd join.
    Good stuff
    Take it easy
    Peter
    Send A Raven

11. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man New Member

I'm Brad and I found my way here while looking at SBL briefcases online. I found this site to be a great resource for Mensware and thought I would join up and join in the chatter.

I'm not an aficionado of men's fashion but I would sure like to be. I'm no stranger to spending good money on quality garments as I have an interest in Highland Attire (kilts) and have some high end garments and kit as a result.

I am a laboratory manager with a business degree education (funny how things play out) and officially a "30something". I'm also an Apple fanboy and avid Phillies baseball fan (almost that time again!).

I look forward to mixing it up with everyone.

Cheers,
    Brad

12. Deb F

Deb F Member

hi, my name is Deb and I am a relative newbie to the men's fashion arena...although I have bought my husband's clothes for the past 25 years. I am now a style advisor for J. Hilburn Menswear and want to learn more about men's fashions so I can be the best I can be at selling for JH. My background is in finance and engineering but my personality is not as cut and dried as my background!

13. VeryTallMan

VeryTallMan Member

Hey there, I'm Keith. Hopefully I can learn some stuff here. I mostly have to shop at Big & Tall stores, since I'm 6'-7".

14. 58impala

58impala New Member

Hi and since this is the introduce yourself post, let me say that I'm a NYer who likes to dress swell.

15. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey guys.. my name is niyi..
    I'm new here... finally decided to open up a styleforum account.