• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interview with Mark Cho of The Armoury - Monocle

smilenow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I lost track of how many times the interview said "sort of" and "you know"

Math is not your strong point?

I thought the interview was good, I liked Mark's approach to selling clothes. Will definitely check it out when I finally manage to visit HK.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
links to both?

yfyf.jpg

His first and only post in that forum...
plain.gif

Just curious, you guys speak Mandarin?

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maccimus
yfyf.jpg

plain.gif

Care to provide the link?

Thanks!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif

Mark do speak Catonese, and I think he know how to speak mandarin.
I speak Cantonese.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbc
Care to provide the link?

Thanks!

You can find it in the post if you read a little Chinese. Anyway it is a SW&D-style forum...
There is a MC-style forum but with only around 20 active members..
facepalm.gif
. You can google "suit6".

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can find it in the post if you read a little Chinese. Anyway it is a SW&D-style forum...
There is a MC-style forum but with only around 20 active members..
facepalm.gif
. You can google "suit6".

LOL, whole forum has 300+ topics, no wonder Mark is in no hurry to open the Shanghai/Beijing branch.

dbc

Reaction score
LOL, whole forum has 300+ topics, no wonder Mark is in no hurry to open the Shanghai/Beijing branch.

But that said, given how 80% of his clients are expats (who presumably don't frequent that forum since they don't speak or write Mandarin), there might be more people willing to buy from a Shanghai/Beijing branch.

The Alfred Dunhill House in Shanghai for instance, is very tastefully done and was decently crowded when I went last year. Granted, Dunhill is a much more famous brand than RJ or Liverano, but I think it's less bling-bling and more sophisticated than Gucci or LV (in its monogrammed form anyway).

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He still need to wait 5 or 10 years, when people realize suit is not for wedding only.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbc
But that said, given how 80% of his clients are expats (who presumably don't frequent that forum since they don't speak or write Mandarin), there might be more people willing to buy from a Shanghai/Beijing branch.

The Alfred Dunhill House in Shanghai for instance, is very tastefully done and was decently crowded when I went last year. Granted, Dunhill is a much more famous brand than RJ or Liverano, but I think it's less bling-bling and more sophisticated than Gucci or LV (in its monogrammed form anyway).

Dunhill is among the first few brands who entered Chinese market many many years ago. I bet that is the only reason the store is crowded.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads