• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

LorenzL

Reaction score
Yeah, nice move to give those remakes to charity - actually funny that they didn't use that for some PR release yet, would make for a nice story. Actually, I have a friend in Shanghai at the moment and wanted to arrange for a meeting with Indochino for a story, but they said it was not possible....

jbharris88

Reaction score
According to the owner in this article:

The percentage of the customers that use alteration credits is low. It isn't a metric we usually share but it is a single digit number. Generally speaking, even if the suit doesn't fit you perfectly, our suits are going to fit you as good as, or better than off-the-rack suits. Our return rate is also pretty low.
I'm completely calling BS on this. There is simply no way alterations are that low. If so, users here must make up a very small portion of the customer base since everyone is getting alternations and remakes done. Does this mean there is a huge majority of people that buy these and are just happy w/ whatever they receive??

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88

I'm completely calling BS on this. There is simply no way alterations are that low. If so, users here must make up a very small portion of the customer base since everyone is getting alternations and remakes done. Does this mean there is a huge majority of people that buy these and are just happy w/ whatever they receive??

Read the interview today too, one interesting piece: Indochino wants to expand beyond suits, they are working on Cardigans now to be introduced early 2011.

About the return and remake rate, I don't know if you have read my survey, but I agree with you (and the evidence shows it) that a majority of people needs alterations or remakes. Of course, it sounds nicer to customers if they say it is very low
wink.gif

Apollo Fort

Reaction score
Hey guys, I heard about Indochino and decided to try it out. I got the Essential Charcoal suit and the blue herringbone shirt. This is my first suit, actually, and I know the pictures aren't great either (taken with a webcam in my dorm room) so be gentle please
smile.gif

The pants were perfect, except that they need to be lengthened a half inch (same with the jacket sleeves). Otherwise I don't know much about the fit of the jacket.

Thanks!

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jbharris88

Earlier interviews noted that full returns are low, but now he's saying alterations are low. I'm guessing there are a lot of young guys, college aged maybe, who don't read these forums or blogs or pay attention to GQ, and just take the suit for how it looks right out of the box.

style_man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Apollo Fort
Hey guys, I heard about Indochino and decided to try it out. I got the Essential Charcoal suit and the blue herringbone shirt. This is my first suit, actually, and I know the pictures aren't great either (taken with a webcam in my dorm room) so be gentle please
smile.gif

The pants were perfect, except that they need to be lengthened a half inch (same with the jacket sleeves). Otherwise I don't know much about the fit of the jacket.

Thanks!

shirt looks great, colorwise.

style_man

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the charcoal tweed suit and two shirts. (blue herringbone and blue window). Will post pics when I receive.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
Overall, it's a very good company.

If you have to adjust the shoulders, don't get it tailored, get it remade.
Shoulder adjustments are expensive over $100 and change greatly change the way the suit drapes.

I've read mixed reviews on this on a thread here regarding shoulder adjustments. Some have said they had great results. It's a minor reduction. I think I'm being too picky at this point and I could probably get away with the current shoulders. It's probably more worth it to get into a workout routine and build up my shoulders a bit. I noticed that when I pull the shoulders back a bit, it helps the arms drape a lot nicer (last time they looked warped in the pictures, which is why they probably made the arms bigger this time). I really wouldn't feel right asking for another remake when this one came pretty close. I feel bad enough having had this many remakes done. I'll see what the estimate comes to with the shoulders and the arms. I'll try and put a picture up to show the shoulders tomorrow.

Stoltenberg1

Reaction score
Well I'm back. I got my remake, but I think I'm going to have to do some more tweaks on it. The shoulders are much, much nicer. Though, the sleeves seem a bit to long and bigger in the bicep now. I also had the jacket lengthened which seems about right now.

The pants...are much worse than before. Does anyone else have the problem of pants not lying right on the front of your thighs? They pucker out at the bottom of the pocket opening, which is really an eyesore. My first order did this as well, I took pictures and sent them to Angie, but this remake is even worse-all they did was take in more of the crotch, and now they are riding up, and drape quite funny. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Any suggestions overall would be greatly appreciated as well, thanks in advance!

PHOTOS of remake:

http://picasaweb.google.com/whatdoyo...eat=directlink

PHOTOS of original:

Originally Posted by Stoltenberg1
I took the plunge on Indochino and just received my first suit plus free shirt last week. I have taken the suit to a couple tailors, and received mixed feedback. Just as a background notion, I live in NW Iowa and attend collage. The suit shops have been here for ages, and are not the most "modern" I would say, or even have anything in my size for that matter.

Overall I like to fit. Slim, fitted, and comfortable. One tailor I had went to had no suggestions, while the other (the place that's been in town since the dawn of creation) had some interesting insight. Though a very traditional suit store, he did notice that the button hole and where the button is attached on the other side did not line up when unbuttoned. Come to find out the left shoulder is .25" shorter than the right, thus creating a shift where the buttons should meet. He also thought it was too "slim", suggested pleats and so on...but it was nice to know about the buttons, as I'm no expert (this is my first "real" mtm suit).

Any suggestions would be nice. I have lurked here for some time before ordering to get some basic information, but I think I will lengthen the sleeves as well. Also, the pockets seem to bunch outward creating some nasty folds. It seems there is to much material just below the back pockets. Overall I have bee pleased with Indochino and their customer service. Thanks for the insights.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stoltenberg1
Well I'm back. I got my remake, but I think I'm going to have to do some more tweaks on it. The shoulders are much, much nicer. Though, the sleeves seem a bit to long and bigger in the bicep now. I also had the jacket lengthened which seems about right now.

The pants...are much worse than before. Does anyone else have the problem of pants not lying right on the front of your thighs? They pucker out at the bottom of the pocket opening, which is really an eyesore. My first order did this as well, I took pictures and sent them to Angie, but this remake is even worse-all they did was take in more of the crotch, and now they are riding up, and drape quite funny. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

Any suggestions overall would be greatly appreciated as well, thanks in advance!

PHOTOS of remake:

PHOTOS of original:

My pants fit the best out of my 3-piece suit. It's perfectly spot on, and I don't have that problem with the pockets you mentioned. However, the pockets on my coat stick out big time. Your pants are definitely not draping well, and I think it may be because the thigh was made a bit too tight causing it to pull. You could shorten the crotch a bit, but it's not necessary.

As for the jacket, I think the length is a bit too long now. I think an in-between from your last and current jacket would be perfect. The arms are obviously too long. Mine are also warping like that at the sleeves, so I'm going to get that checked out as well. Shoulders are also too big. They need to come in. The width of the suit looks great.

Stoltenberg1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
My pants fit the best out of my 3-piece suit. It's perfectly spot on, and I don't have that problem with the pockets you mentioned. However, the pockets on my coat stick out big time. Your pants are definitely not draping well, and I think it may be because the thigh was made a bit too tight causing it to pull. You could shorten the crotch a bit, but it's not necessary.

As for the jacket, I think the length is a bit too long now. I think an in-between from your last and current jacket would be perfect. The arms are obviously too long. Mine are also warping like that at the sleeves, so I'm going to get that checked out as well. Shoulders are also too big. They need to come in. The width of the suit looks great.

Thanks Raphael for your reply. Your comments are much appreciated. I have applied for another remake which I fell a bit apprehensive about (more sympathetic than anything), but that seems to be a trend with Indochino. Hopefully this will be it.

It's strange that your jacket pockets would do that; are they functional pockets? In regards to your sleeves, are you going to just have them adjusted by your tailor? I wonder if they offer different pocket style for the pants (that would be nice)?

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LorenzL
Read the interview today too, one interesting piece: Indochino wants to expand beyond suits, they are working on Cardigans now to be introduced early 2011.

About the return and remake rate, I don't know if you have read my survey, but I agree with you (and the evidence shows it) that a majority of people needs alterations or remakes. Of course, it sounds nicer to customers if they say it is very low
wink.gif

It might also be lower than we think over time, since once you get your measurements dialed in the likelihood of needing alterations goes down. The "first-time" percentage is probably much higher.

My remake jacket came today and it's really spot on this go around. The sleeves might be just about 1cm too short, but I may not bother having that tailored--we'll see how much credit I have left after having my pants lengthened an inch or so and my vest taken in a couple inches.

I get the pants and vest back tomorrow and will snap some shots of the entire thing when I do, but so far the perfect fit guarantee is turning out to be just that. And that makes me excited to get more stuff made (especially a sweater if they start down that road).

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Apollo Fort
smile.gif

Thanks!

Maybe take in the jacket waist a bit. Your pics make it look like you could use some situps, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it's the angle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads