• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

LorenzL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superlyduper
What about the fabric of the Timeless Charcoal Suit is not up to par? I'm looking for a plain charcoal and was considering that one.

There was some concern at one point that the fabric is a wool blend and not 100% wool - someone did a burn test, but the video was somewhat shaky.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superlyduper
What about the fabric of the Timeless Charcoal Suit is not up to par? I'm looking for a plain charcoal and was considering that one.

I would say the fabric is "acceptable". You get the benefit of having it made to fit you, but the fabric itself is nothing distinguished from budget-priced RTW. It's average at best. I have not yet had a chance to test their high-end fabric, but I would wager the extra $100 for the Eternal Charcoal. I have never seen Indochino advertise their fabric as "high-end luxury" quality, so I think it's worth a try. You can always return it if you're unhappy. But to be brief, I would not recommend the Timeless Charcoal, when a 20% upgrade in price can get you something potentially, significantly better.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
I used the teambuywinter coupon (yes it still works, 15% off, 2 free shirts, 1 free accessory) to make my first order.

Ordered the alchemist brown suit. I'm a little nervous about my self/friend measured numbers but I'm hoping for the best. It did give me the option of functional sleeve buttons so I chose that but I hope I got my sleeve measurement correct at 25" (I'm 6'1" tall). I did repeated measurements as close to the videos as I could.

Also, I passed on the contrast felt collar. I'd never pop it to be seen anyways. A ittle too flash for me, haha!

I went with natural shoulder, higher armholes, ticket pocket.

We'll see...

ArtOrSartor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raphael__n
Lunar Lilac is en route. Did anyone else place an order from the new collection? I'll provide my personal assessment on the fabric quality once it arrives. I'm hoping it's worth the extra amount. My current impression of Indochino is extremely good customer service, but with subpar fabric on the Timeless Charcoal. I'm still partially regretting not going for the Hedonist, but fabric quality comes first.

Not yet, but I've got my eye on the Eternal Charcoal. I have the Ultimate Grey suit already and it turned out very nicely, so I'm not worried about the fit or anything. I've never seen anything with cashmere in it from the site before, so I'd be interested to see what the ratio to wool is and how it turns out.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gentleman groupon (los angeles) has a deal that if you pay $50 you get $150 worth of "goods" http://www.groupon.com/r/uu6776136 click that please click it b/c this gives me a referral and since i've helped you out, you could do the same for me
smile.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunar Lilac is en route. Did anyone else place an order from the new collection? I'll provide my personal assessment on the fabric quality once it arrives. I'm hoping it's worth the extra amount. My current impression of Indochino is extremely good customer service, but with subpar fabric on the Timeless Charcoal. I'm still partially regretting not going for the Hedonist, but fabric quality comes first.

Despite the consumer demand over the 3-pc Hedonist Navy, I have not been able to find any reviews. If any of you have read one, can you please link me to it?

How did you know the quality of the hedonist wasnt as good as _____? I cant tell by the pictures.

raphael__n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
How did you know the quality of the hedonist wasnt as good as _____? I cant tell by the pictures.

Angie informed me that their current collection features the best fabric that they have ever offered. Visually, the Hedonist still wins in my books. But it is more formal than I'm looking for.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Angie informed me that their current collection features the best fabric that they have ever offered. Visually, the Hedonist still wins in my books. But it is more formal than I'm looking for.

Ic. I'm assuming the Hedonist has "lesser quality" fabric? Also, you keep saying "too formal".

What do you mean by this? To me, it looks like a suit. haha

StephenB

Reaction score
I just ordered an IndoChino suit. I got a really good coupon code so I thought what the heck.

The measurments were as good as a relative novice and his GF could do. So I'll be back at the begining of the new year with pictures!

Tifochka

Reaction score
Just received my Deep Space Blue Faint Pinstripe Suit from the new collection. The material is very nice, soft to the touch, with a hint of stretch; the feel is somewhat similar to the persuasive purple suit they had about a year ago. Overall, great fabric and very nice suit. It's the first time I ordered the natural shoulders from them, look good, but probably because of the lack of padding, it added about 1/4 in. in my sleeves length. I 'm going to my tailor now to see if this can be adjusted with functional sleeve buttons along with some other minor issues, hope $75 credit will cover it.

Tifochka

Reaction score
Just noticed that the Deep Space Blue Faint Pinstripe Suit is not on the website anymore, probably sold out. I wonder what they are going to do if I need a remake.

Reaction score
just receievd fabric samples of pretty much all the new suits, and some shirts.

to me the fabric with the best definition was the solar flair, and step above tweed. although it is difficult to decide which looks the best on a suit(in larger quantities)

Will probably place an order around the 24th/25th as I need someone to measure me first. I thought about having my tailor do it, but I feel I need to follow the step by step as closely as possible.

Does anyone have any general information(or tips, helpful insight) that will help out in the measurement process?

Should one somehow notify indochino if one feels they might not tailor to the exact measurements(or close enough) as I am very slim yet have broad shoulders. People seem to have commented on problems with large descrepancies in their build etc? I feel like there might exist a tendency for indochino to take the safe route here and there(maybe made some parts larger, as if they were to be smaller that is pretty much unfixable) maybe im being overly neurotic on the other hand.

e.g say; I am slim, Shoud I should tell Indochino that the measurements I have provided are exact, and are not off/incorrect.
As I am from sweden I wont send it back and forth to indochino too many times , will have a tailor fix it here when it comes(if fixable). As it will prob be too expensive to have it shipped back and forth(not to mention time consuming)

sincerely, David

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@approveusername -- Measure twice, cut once.

I also have broader shoulders compared to everything else - 39/40 jacket, 32 waist. I stuck with the videos then made some minor tweaks based on other suits I own. I've ordered a suit and tux and have been very pleased with thecresults.

ZenStyle

Reaction score
Heads up tonight is the last time to use the 'teambuywinter' coupon for 15% off plus 2 free shirts, and 1 free accessory (tie, cuff links, etc). ends dec 21st.

EDIT: the lateset from Teambuy is that it does indeed end on Dec 24th, NOT 21st!!!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tifochka
Just received my Deep Space Blue Faint Pinstripe Suit from the new collection. The material is very nice, soft to the touch, with a hint of stretch; the feel is somewhat similar to the persuasive purple suit they had about a year ago. Overall, great fabric and very nice suit. It's the first time I ordered the natural shoulders from them, look good, but probably because of the lack of padding, it added about 1/4 in. in my sleeves length. I 'm going to my tailor now to see if this can be adjusted with functional sleeve buttons along with some other minor issues, hope $75 credit will cover it.

what are natural shoulders (no padding)?

also, show pics please

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads