• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indochino suits?

smoothmoose

Reaction score
Also, since their prices went and new website, it does look like they have added new customization options, like surgeon's cuffs (after first suit though), lapel buttonhole, pick stitching, pen pockets, suspender buttons, side tabs, then some. Not bad.

I am bit concerned about fit given all reviews seem to be hit and miss and the fact that they seem to work with a large number of different tailors. I suspect that they have the $75 fit gaurantee, gets them around spending too much time (money) ensuring consistency.

That said I may give them a try sometime.

mjc

Reaction score
My thoughts on Indochino, based on my experiences:

1. The suits are great for the price. They are not comparable to a bespoke suit, however. The suit fabrics are nothing special.

2. The suit fit is roomy (but still much better than off-the-rack). It could be tapered more aggressively for a trim fit. I imagine they do this to avoid too-tight returns. Other than that, the self-measurement system seemed to work great for me.

3. The trim-fit option on the shirts really does provide a nice trim fit.

4. I love ordering pants from them. They fit perfectly and feel wonderful. I can't imagine buying pants anywhere else now.

5. Consistency can be a problem. You can order pants three times, and get slightly different pocket sizes each time. This doesn't really bother me, but it might bother some.

6. Like many international clothing suppliers, they put a value of $10 to avoid duties. Sometimes Customs notices this, and much hilarity ensues.

- Mike

clothesrus

Reaction score
interesting, that i was considering indochino for an overcoat esp if they can get it right the first time around

shiftless_bum

Reaction score
As a heads up for anyone who may be considering an Indochino suit, if you order one by Dec 9th, you get 2 free shirts. These offers come up periodically and are worth waiting for. I've got a grey wool and cotton khaki suit and got the same deal on each of them.

mjc

Reaction score
I should also mention that Indochino is very responsive to both special requests and in dealing with problems.

If you are ordering an overcoat, I would suggest that you clarify with them before ordering whether or not the overcoat will be sized to accomodate a suit underneath or not, depending on what you want.

I ordered a lovely faux-camel-hair overcoat from them. It is wonderful when wearing a wool sweater underneath, but a bit tight with a suit. ymmv.

- Mike

mjc

Reaction score
I used my true measurements, except that I relaxed the neck size a little in re-orders (hard to get the top button done up on the shirts).

The fit of the resulting shirts and pants is excellent.

The suit is a little roomy in the belly, but still much better than my old suits.

Fortunately, the suits are inexpensive, and they will pay for some alterations, so you can't loose too much with an experiment.

If you want the suit cut slim/tapered, ask them about it.

- Mike

MDGD

Reaction score
I got my first Indochino suit today. I'll post a full review and pics in a few days, but so far I'm extremely pleased. I got the basic charcoal suit. Pick stitching, ticket pocket, horn buttons, working boutenniere, surgeon cuffs (while I was a first-time customer, I got into an email exchange about this, and about my measurements, and they agreed to do it), fully canvassed, all for under $300 (with a coupon code).

I saw the recommendations on madetomeasureny.com, but I used their measurement guidelines and videos, and it fits pretty close to perfectly. I'd say it depends what kind of fit you want -- the guy on that blog wears very slim, fitted suits (check out a few of his fit pics), whereas I wanted a slightly more conservative cut. Using their guides, that's exactly what I got -- a sharp, classic business suit.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MDGD
I got my first Indochino suit today. I'll post a full review and pics in a few days, but so far I'm extremely pleased. I got the basic charcoal suit. Pick stitching, ticket pocket, horn buttons, working boutenniere, surgeon cuffs (while I was a first-time customer, I got into an email exchange about this, and about my measurements, and they agreed to do it), fully canvassed, all for under $300 (with a coupon code).

I saw the recommendations on madetomeasureny.com, but I used their measurement guidelines and videos, and it fits pretty close to perfectly. I'd say it depends what kind of fit you want -- the guy on that blog wears very slim, fitted suits (check out a few of his fit pics), whereas I wanted a slightly more conservative cut. Using their guides, that's exactly what I got -- a sharp, classic business suit.

What was the coupon code to get it under 300?

MDGD

Reaction score
Try "free20". You'll find various other coupon codes with a google search -- some give a percentage off, others give you free shirts with a suit purchase, etc.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I just put in my order for one suit and used the "xmas" promo code to get two free shirts. I was debating whether I go use madetomeasure.com tips or not and even spoke to the blogger about it. In the end, I went with my natural measurements (with no finger allowance, except for the neck). The only thing I took in was 1" from my jacket waist measurement and I specifically made a special request to customer service for a slim fit. I also requested surgeon cuffs given I have accurate sleeve measurements already.

We'll see how my suit comes out. Given all the pictures and models show on their site very slim fitting suits, I just don't believe a company can be successful if they require customers to "hack" their measurements (up to 5" on the bicep as per the blogger) to get it right. I know I did my measurments right, so now I expect them to deliver with the right fit. So essense I see this as a test for them. I'm hoping they get it right the first time so they save me the hassles...and save them money for not needing to redo a suit as well.

Will report back with pics in a couple weeks when the suit comes in.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
So here's an update and review on my brown flannel suit from Indochino. SUIT QUALITY, 4/5: Brought it to my tailor and he agreed it's a very nice suit with good construction quality. The flannel is definitely on the lighter side, which is what I prefer, but might be too light for someone expecting a heavier fabric. Also, one of my buttons has a very noticeable hairline fracture on it. I know small defects are normal for horn buttons, but this button should not have been put on the suit. SUIT FIT, 3/5 (initial), 4/5 final: So I ended up remaking my suit. When I ordered I asked for a slim fit. Honestly most were tweeks of measurements (0.5-1") adjustments, except for the jacket hips and crotch which where both adjusted around 1.5". It's just all the tweeks ended up over $140 so Indochino approved a remake instead. If I were not that picky we probably could have gone with less than $75 of tailoring. Not bad for a first try, but my advice to others is, measure your crotch area pretty tight, and if you're short like me, watch out for jacket hip flare. Also if you are measuring from and existing suit that is not as slim fitting, take 0.5-1" off your shoulder measurements. I guess it's pretty hard to nail it online the first time. SERVICE: 5/5: Yup they want to keep you happy. Email questions are answered. And delivery was super fast for me 8 days for both the original suit and the remade one. The also accommodated all my special requests: surgeon cuffs on first suit, different sleeve lengths for L and R, etc. OVERALL 4/5: I will likely order a suit from Indochino again, now especially they have my measurements nailed down. With the free tailoring or remake, they pretty much take the risk out of buying online. Just make sure you have a good tailor that can recommend the right tweeks. OTHER NOTES: I took advantage of their 2 free suit special with a suit. Their shirts fit great the first time, better than Jantzen and Tailorstore one. However the material feels pretty cheap, maybe even cotton/poly blend, even though it says 100% cotton. I can tell you the fabric is pretty anti-wrinkle. I would only get the shirts as freebies. Here are the pics below, let me know what you think. Sorry bad lighting and some shadows here. - Indochino brown flannel suit - Shirt and tie from Tailorstore.com - flip-flops (not shown)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics