• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

BYucko

Reaction score
Are you supposed to tuck your jeans into your boots to show off, or is that only for girls?

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by superr
im thinking of getting the route by crate which has a 7" leg opening, can anybody show me to some pics of people wearing similar fit jeans?
unko just posted a fit pic of crate routes in the WAYWN thread

matsuya

Reaction score
I went to Mervyn's "Going out of business" Sale and picked up a pair of 501 STF for $27. They only had 32x36. I need a 30x30. Will I be able to shrink it that much?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ They will shrink to your waist size. They won't in length though, but you can have them hemmed at any tailor/alteration shop.

Won't be much of a deal when all is said and done though.

matsuya

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ They will shrink to your waist size. They won't in length though, but you can have them hemmed at any tailor/alteration shop.

Won't be much of a deal when all is said and done though.

Are jeans fairly easy to hem? I can get that done for free.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I'm looking for slim fit jeans like Levi's 514. I really like Levi's 514. Now, I have 2 pairs of them. I want to buy one more pairs of slim fit jeans. Do you know any jeans which are as nice as Levi's 514. My budget is 100$. I've heard that H&M sliqs is pretty good, but I cannot find my size in Chicago. My waist is 28-29. Thank you

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im thinking of getting the route by crate which has a 7" leg opening, can anybody show me to some pics of people wearing similar fit jeans?

Based on measurements from Crate, the leg opening on those should actually be 8.5".

Bislane

Reaction score
I just got a pair of 19cm MIJs that are 31w but they've quickly stretched to the point where I could easily take an inch off them and still be quite comfortable. So my question is this; are there certain methods to minimize future stretching in the waist or any simply fixes I might not know about? I know they'll be fine once I wash them and everything but that's a ways off. Thanks for your replies.

superr

Reaction score
i am thinking of getting levis 501 stf and my waist size is 30, some places tell me to get size 30 but others tell me to size up one or even two, what is your opinion?

KimboIsLegit

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Cheap Monday Autobahns? One site has them 1 inch smaller than tagged on the waist and another has them being 3 inches bigger on the waist than what the tag says.

Hamburgler13

Reaction score
So I've been wanting a pair of nice black skinny jeans that would be good with an Italien stlye pair of boots and/or Chucks.. I usually wear Levi 511's in a 30x30 but I would like somthing tighter around the legs with less baggage. I've been looking into possibly levi 510s probably in a 31x30(I dont want them quite skin tight).
What do you guys suggest?

unko

Reaction score

Originally Posted by zissou
Based on measurements from Crate, the leg opening on those should actually be 8.5".

My size 30 routes have a 7.5" leg opening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads