• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
i don't know if this is the right thread i've searched on google and forums. anyone know of a online store that has flat head f310 in waist 28 in stock?

thanks in advance

I assume you already checked Self Edge (which is out of W28 F310 if you didn't), so you're pretty much out-of-luck for any easy online purchase of F310. You could try purchasing from a Japanese site that ships out of Japan (this will likely require some language competency or translation) or finding a proxy service (I'm no expert on either of these, so it would be best to ask someone else).

If you're not up for that, you should PM Kiya and ask he expects any restocks on the F310.

Other possibilities are the 1001 or 3001 from Flathead, which are essentially the same cuts as F310 (according to Self Edge's site) with different details, such as poly-cotton vs. all-cotton stitching.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my 514s are quite loose in the thigh. not too loose, but a good amount of room. i'm going to pick up another pair in fact, they're nice and straight below the thigh but a solid amoutn of thigh room.

buttonman

Reaction score
since i can't read japanese....
for those of you who ordered off of rakuten how much is shipping to the continental us?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought most stores on rakuten didn't even ship to the states. You should probably be using a proxy.

cshd

Reaction score
Hi Im new to this forum and keep hearing about Raw Denim and stuff. I was wondering how they feel on the Legs, are they stiff, rigid like they look in the pictures? Are they pretty confortable and not itchy?I usually wear pre faded(but not super faded) jeans from the mall low ride, boot cut, loose, what would u guys suggest for me to try?

buttonman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I thought most stores on rakuten didn't even ship to the states. You should probably be using a proxy.

really? dang it. i was hoping that i could avoid buying via proxy but if this is the case then darn...
for those of you who used a proxy, how much was shipping. i'm assuming proxies commissions are about 10-15%

Orange

Reaction score
Is there a proper way to stack long slim denim for good honeycombing? Do you just pull it up to the knees and let gravity do the rest?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm considering Nudies Even Steven. my measurements are:

Waist: 29"
Hips: 34"
Thighs: 19.5"
Calves: 13"

i don't want my jeans to fit real tight on my thighs though because they're pretty skinny and it doesn't look right to me. what do you guys think about nudies?

thisistodd

Reaction score
I dont really have any opportunity to try on apc jeans but if im gonna get one pair of raw denim that what i want to get.

went to h&m today and tried on the sliqs and the fit originals. How do new standards compare with the sliqs? thank you

MJC8719x

Reaction score
Im basically looking for a straight leg/slim bootcut jean that comes in a dark wash (not necessarily "raw" as I do not really like the color of raw denim until after it has been washed and I am already breaking in a pair of rescues) and ideally has no obviously visible writing on the back pockets.

I do not really want anything with a tapered leg as I find it is too hard to fit over boots.

I ordered and returned a pair of 5ep LDB as they just didn't fit right. People have mentioned RRL slim bootcut but I havent seen any where I am.

I possibly thought about ordering another pair of rescues and just washing them a couple times when they arrive so they turn that nice indigo blue but that seems like a bit of waste.

I would love to hear others suggestions about brands to try.

Thanks

DBoon

Reaction score
some kind of RRL bootcut...can't remember what it's called exactly anymore

EDIT: RRL Slim Bootcut

Marlowe

Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar to APC NS in terms of fit, so tapered but nothing extreme and mid-rise. A pair of Rag and Bones (RB17) caught my eye on DenimBar. From what I read, the higher the number, the skinnier it gets and the RB15's fit is comparable to APC NS. Does anyone own a pair of RB17 or can definitely say that the RB17 would be way too tapered for me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics