• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Type-A feminist. She felt that men would only really listen to other men when it came to issues like women's rights, so she wanted to become a man to convince other men that women are people too.

facepalm.gif

meh,she just needs a good "cocking"

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
meh,she just needs a good "cocking"

Strangely enough, in the bedroom her views were completely reversed - she went from hardcore feminist to a girl with a **** fantasy who loved being tied up and hit.
bounce2.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Strangely enough, in the bedroom her views were completely reversed - she went from hardcore feminist to a girl with a **** fantasy who loved being tied up and hit.
bounce2.gif

i know the type,they talk a lot till you stick a cock in their yap.
like i always say "Bullshit walks,******* talks"

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nil was right. Lesson learned.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
^^ About what? White beezies being boring?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, girls. One of my best friends started seeing this girl a month ago and she suddenly broke things off this afternoon.

They started dating after she carried out a streak of texting/calling him. She apparently has a history of being infatuated, sleeping with the guy, and then breaking it off. A dream come true for most guys, but my friend is getting to an point where he's looking for a more long-term relationship. Though he knew about her past, he fell for her, since they admittedly clicked personality-wise.

She prompted them to go official a couple of weeks back. He lives out of town, so he'd stay at her place every weekend. Tonight, he sends me some vague, depressing text messages, which indicate something went afoul.

The short and plain of it is he left her place this afternoon and she called him a couple of hours later to essentially dump him. Some of the reasons sounded like the garden variety excuses people use when they just want to wash their hands of a person. But she went the extra mile by telling him that she was never excited for him to come there and was always happy when he left. She apparently felt this way even before they were exclusive, which you'll recall, was her idea.

It's ******, because our group of friends felt this would happen given the girl's track record. But it's scary how quickly it happened and how it mirrors her past splits so much. It's unfortunate, too, because he's one of the more genuinely nice and witty people I've met. But he's got **** luck with relationships panning out.

And there's certainly a tactful way to go about dumping someone. I think it's an understatement to say she didn't go that route.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Oh, girls. One of my best friends started seeing this girl a month ago and she suddenly broke things off this afternoon.

They started dating after she carried out a streak of texting/calling him. She apparently has a history of being infatuated, sleeping with the guy, and then breaking it off. A dream come true for most guys, but my friend is getting to an point where he's looking for a more long-term relationship. Though he knew about her past, he fell for her, since they admittedly clicked personality-wise.

She prompted them to go official a couple of weeks back. He lives out of town, so he'd stay at her place every weekend. Tonight, he sends me some vague, depressing text messages, which indicate something went afoul.

The short and plain of it is he left her place this afternoon and she called him a couple of hours later to essentially dump him. Some of the reasons sounded like the garden variety excuses people use when they just want to wash their hands of a person. But she went the extra mile by telling him that she was never excited for him to come there and was always happy when he left. She apparently felt this way even before they were exclusive, which you'll recall, was her idea.

It's ******, because our group of friends felt this would happen given the girl's track record. But it's scary how quickly it happened and how it mirrors her past splits so much. It's unfortunate, too, because he's one of the more genuinely nice and witty people I've met. But he's got **** luck with relationships panning out.

And there's certainly a tactful way to go about dumping someone. I think it's an understatement to say she didn't go that route.

sounds like a whack job and he should count his blessings this happened now and not years from now when she has a kid with him.
get some good blow and take him to the nearest strip joint,sorted.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

This is a certain type of girl who's only gonna be happy when she's intimately involved, but not in a relationship with someone. As soon as she puts the relationship tag on, she gets crazy expectations.

Actually i've been thinking about just never being official with anyone. the people that are close to you know what's going on anyway, what's the need to go labeling ****? It's happened a couple of times where i'm getting really intimate with someone and then we start going out and it just starts a ****-spiral.

also, going to stay at her place for a weekend after just starting going out is gonna get her claustrophobic. I can only handle one night with someone max. Breakfast in the morning, then i wanna go do my own ****.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
sounds like a whack job and he should count his blessings this happened now and not years from now when she has a kid with him.
get some good blow and take him to the nearest strip joint,sorted.

That was one of my pieces of advice. He may have fallen for her, but it's best for it to happen now than later when he's got even stronger feelings for her.

It's funny. I've been the guy who spent chunks of the last year lamenting the demise of a relationship I thought was going to transition to marriage. In recent weeks, I've become sort of the guy people are coming to with their relationship or dating issues and it's made me realize how much of our happiness most people (myself included) hinges on a significant other.

I still like to think I'll be with someone who enriches my life. But it's unsettling to think that the absence of that person could create the opposite effect, where every facet of your life is negatively affected because of their absence. One of those "you should really be happy with yourself before you look for a companion" concepts. It's natural to spend some time mourning the end of a relationship you didn't want to cut off. But after that, it's almost like more dwelling indicates an absence of something else in your life unrelated to that person.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
That was one of my pieces of advice. He may have fallen for her, but it's best for it to happen now than later when he's got even stronger feelings for her.

It's funny. I've been the guy who spent chunks of the last year lamenting the demise of a relationship I thought was going to transition to marriage. In recent weeks, I've become sort of the guy people are coming to with their relationship or dating issues and it's made me realize how much of our happiness most people (myself included) hinges on a significant other.

I still like to think I'll be with someone who enriches my life. But it's unsettling to think that the absence of that person could create the opposite effect, where every facet of your life is negatively affected because of their absence. One of those "you should really be happy with yourself before you look for a companion" concepts. It's natural to spend some time mourning the end of a relationship you didn't want to cut off. But after that, it's almost like more dwelling indicates an absence of something else in your life unrelated to that person.

exactly,well said.
if you cant be happy just being by yourself you have no business being in a relationship.
u should not need someone to complete you,rather complement you.
i have been equally happy alone and with someone.
and i have been equally miserable alone and with someone.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
some spurned loser one-starred my thread. Bastards.

And now someone legitimately upset with your moderating has had a say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads