• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hdave
+1

Best way to get over anything is to keep yourself busy so you get your mind off it.
And the best ways to do that are with work or gym, you either get healthier and look better, or make more money (and since you're busy, you spend less)

when my whore left me i lost 20 pounds and was in the best shape of my life...which led me to meet my current girl....and...then i gained it back lol

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
when my whore left me...

wow.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Update on my friend:

The girl called him crying at 5 a.m. saying she misses him. They talked today and "things make a little more sense now that she's talking about them more rationally" he says. I asked what had changed in less than 12 hours that this alleged stark contrast in their personalities was no longer an issue. He had no answer.

Her reason for saying he did stuff like touched and kissed her too much was that he was acting like they'd been together for so long. I think we all know that when you and someone else are feeling each other, there's no such thing as too much touching, whether it's sexual or not. And it doesn't matter if it's early in the going or well into the relationship. Actually, I'd say it's probably more common during the early phases of the relationship.

They aren't officially back together, but his "we'll see what happens" attitude makes that a foregone conclusion. I told him he should evaluate this from a big picture perspective and ask whether this is a quick fix that will just prolong the inevitable repeat of what happened yesterday. That's precisely what it is, but denial is a soothing ointment when it comes to matters like this.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fiasco
she wanted the break to figure some stuff out i guess. Shes really stressed with school and work and everything and i guess she feels she needs to make some changes all around. we had a dumb fight on saturday and she feels like weve been fighting a lot more recently. So it was mostly her decision.
frown.gif

This is a nice collection of garden variety reasons someone gives their SO when they want to dissolve the relationship for goodsies.

I got the same lines until I pressed and pressed and got some more specifics.

It feels disrespectful to get such generic reasons, but it's usually done to avoid hurting the person even further. School, work and other stressful things can put a damper on a relationship, but they usually aren't what destroy it. People work around these same things when they start to date someone. It isn't that it's suddenly not possible to do this deeper into a stagnating relationship. It's just that by that point, at least one of the involved parties likely no longer feels like doing so.

fiasco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
This is a nice collection of garden variety reasons someone gives their SO when they want to dissolve the relationship for goodsies.

I got the same lines until I pressed and pressed and got some more specifics.

It feels disrespectful to get such generic reasons, but it's usually done to avoid hurting the person even further. School, work and other stressful things can put a damper on a relationship, but they usually aren't what destroy it. People work around these same things when they start to date someone. It isn't that it's suddenly not possible to do this deeper into a stagnating relationship. It's just that by that point, at least one of the involved parties likely no longer feels like doing so.

No there are other reasons as well i just didnt feel like going into too much detail. It comes down to if she trusts i can fix the issues.

I guess all i can do is wait and see if she wants to try to work it out or not.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
No there are other reasons as well i just didnt feel like going into too much detail. It comes down to if she trusts i can fix the issues.

I guess all i can do is wait and see if she wants to try to work it out or not.

Whatever you do, don't get drunk and write her a ten page letter.

Not that I'd know anything about that.

fiasco

Reaction score
I have that nervous/anxious/uneasy feeling in the middle of my chest cause i know the situation is out of my hands.

She asked me to just give her some space to figure things out but all I want to do is talk to her and take control of the situation.

This has got to be one of the worst feelings anyone has to deal with outside of a death to a loved one. ( First serious relationship breakup for me)

fiasco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Whatever you do, don't get drunk and write her a ten page letter.

Not that I'd know anything about that.

I did just get back from a sports bar with one of my best friends, didnt drink though, I already felt sick to my stomach.

I was thinking about starting a personal journal just to get some thoughts out but I dont know if that would make me feel better or worse?

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I did just get back from a sports bar with one of my best friends, didnt drink though, I already felt sick to my stomach.

I was thinking about starting a personal journal just to get some thoughts out but I dont know if that would make me feel better or worse?

what are you a *****?
get some video games,next thing you know a month will have passed by.
by the way im kidding about the first sentence (but seriously dont be a *****)
,i feel for you man.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I have that nervous/anxious/uneasy feeling in the middle of my chest cause i know the situation is out of my hands.

She asked me to just give her some space to figure things out but all I want to do is talk to her and take control of the situation.
This has got to be one of the worst feelings anyone has to deal with outside of a death to a loved one. ( First serious relationship breakup for me)

you can do that without talking to her,i know you feel powerless but thats only because you are letting the situation control you.
tomorrow when you wake up just tell yourself that YOU ARE A MAN and that worse **** happens to people everyday.
****, kids with cancer,old people getting run over etc...when you think about it a chick just dumping your ass is no big deal in the scheme of things.
another one will come along,trust me

fiasco

Reaction score
your post is exactly what i needed to hear right now, thanks. you sound like someone i would chill with irl and it sounds like something i would say to someone in my situation lol.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
your post is exactly what i needed to hear right now, thanks. you sound like someone i would chill with irl and it sounds like something i would say to someone in my situation lol.

well if it helps i was in the same situation only worse,i got ****** dumped the day before i was supposed to move in with this chick because her best freind (a guy) declared his love for her.
usually i dont go into details but just to show you that it could be worse.
long story short its the best thing that happened to me,met a girl and been with her 3 years now.
when youre in the **** things always look hopeless,IF YOU LET IT.
dont let her control your state of mind,the sooner you get on top of this the sooner you will see the light and be able to move on.

fiasco

Reaction score
Yea it could be a lot worse... i know a couple who got engaged and about 6 months into the engagement the guy breaks up with the his fiancÃ
00a9.png
e... via text and they never speak to each other again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads