• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All right will gambled it and get my seam ripper ready if I want to remove the big pocket…

Cobra

Reaction score
So I own like 3 boy scout shirts, 3 sateen shirts, a western shirt and an oxford. All of them are regular cut except the sateen shirts, which Matches noted were slim fit (I'd add that they're really just narrower in the waist, the chest feels mostly the same as the others.) You're fine to go TTS and I'd add all of their shirts are clearly meant to be tucked in, which they also note on their website "long silhouette for a comfortable fit when tucked into trousers".

Also pains me to do this but I have to accept I'm probably never going to fit in these and I also want to finance these new suits they made. Both of these are size 50, but the cut is Gillespie. Shoulder is ~17'' and chest is ~17-18. This is a full size smaller (at least) than the Ferry that I own which fits me largely fine off the shelf. So if you're normally a 48 or even a 46 these would fit you much better than me. I thought I'd post them here first before I put them on Ebay/Grailed if there was any interest. The ivory one was worn once, the pinstripe was only tried on.

ivory.png
pinstripe.png

Reaction score
Hi all, could anyone tell me what the MTO premium is for suits and shirts, or just rough expected cost and deposit required.

Also if someone would like to share their experience doing MTO i would appreciate it.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I own like 3 boy scout shirts, 3 sateen shirts, a western shirt and an oxford. All of them are regular cut except the sateen shirts, which Matches noted were slim fit (I'd add that they're really just narrower in the waist, the chest feels mostly the same as the others.) You're fine to go TTS and I'd add all of their shirts are clearly meant to be tucked in, which they also note on their website "long silhouette for a comfortable fit when tucked into trousers".

Also pains me to do this but I have to accept I'm probably never going to fit in these and I also want to finance these new suits they made. Both of these are size 50, but the cut is Gillespie. Shoulder is ~17'' and chest is ~17-18. This is a full size smaller (at least) than the Ferry that I own which fits me largely fine off the shelf. So if you're normally a 48 or even a 46 these would fit you much better than me. I thought I'd post them here first before I put them on Ebay/Grailed if there was any interest. The ivory one was worn once, the pinstripe was only tried on.

View attachment 2190429 View attachment 2190431
These are interesting. How would you style these? What type of trousers would go with these?

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score

Any chance you have the new blue boy scout shirt? Was hoping they would get a return in my size or some other store would receive it but it seems too late in the season for either of those things to happen.
These are interesting. How would you style these? What type of trousers would go with these?
I have the same ivory jacket and style it like these fits (the jacket in these is a different cut/material but nearly the same ivory color so I think it works well). I think I also posted a fit pic of it in this thread a while ago.

Attachments

• 438951778_3224736214501235_3919857875848548734_n.jpg
    438951778_3224736214501235_3919857875848548734_n.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 47
  • 438955189_966448924719441_5636396191284877459_n.jpg
    438955189_966448924719441_5636396191284877459_n.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 349147660_277664834692983_676547795021447599_n.jpg
    349147660_277664834692983_676547795021447599_n.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 168

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
guess someone made a profit in the end

https://www.therealreal.com/products/men/clothing/pants/husbands-striped-pants-l9z1b

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2964409015...h+3qzOgsqEJB5sfDd42YCxnYHK|tkp:Bk9SR4iQ3a_0Yw
Hello all -- longtime lurker around here, I just received my commission from Husbands so I thought I'd share some thoughts. Many thanks to all of the posters here for your discussions and pictures; given that this is my first ever "made" suit, this place (and the rest of the forum!) has been an extremely helpful resource.

Given that this was my virgin voyage into the world beyond off-the-rack, I wanted something fairly bland and simple, drawing on this as inspiration. With some helpful guidance from their team member in charge of MTO - who was very thoughtful, knowledgeable, and more than willing to answer the extensive amount of questions I had - I settled on this heavy hopsack from Dugdale. I have since become familiar with feelings towards hopsack suits in some parts of SF while lurking, but it felt like the right choice.

After some delay (I placed the order in-person in September, I believe), this arrived last week:

View attachment 2189147

View attachment 2189155

(do excuse the poor lighting, it is a particularly dark shade of navy so it may be hard to see; I'm getting the pants altered slightly so I'm happy to share another picture once ready if anyone is interested)

It's the Morrissey cut with the ~8.5-9cm lapel; I didn't want something too loud to start and hoped to get something versatile, as dull as that may sound. It's definitely on the heavier side (14oz) but that was my intent - I live in a place with pretty distinct four seasons so I was happy to sacrifice the summer. The silhouette is beautiful, the jacket stands up on its own as a sport coat, I couldn't be happier overall.

Here's a few random thoughts/hopefully helpful information for those wondering:
  • As someone mentioned before, the team is indeed starting to use a new factory based in Portugal. Based on my recent chat with the team, most new orders (I believe depending on which model you choose) should be going to the new factory with an 8-10 week turnaround. I plan to place an order for a sport coat in the coming weeks, so I'll share how that goes then.​
  • Further to the discussion on the last page - the single-vent model is the Jarvis cut, double-vent is the Ferry, and what you see in the new collection (H10 and H11) is a new single-vent cut, McCartney.​
  • For those ordering RTW online and trying to figure out what to do, their sizing is definitely a little different. For example, I am on the tall+skinny side, so a ~39/40 jacket (or ~49/50 in European terms) *usually* fits me wherever I go, but the base model for my Husbands jacket is a 42/52. I even tried the next size up in person and thought it wouldn't require an extensive amount of altering to fit me properly. I'd suggest reaching out to the team for guidance on measurements, they've been very responsive in my experience, both on WhatsApp and email.​
  • May not be news to some - it certainly was to me - they also do shirts MTO with a pretty extensive range of fabrics and options. It's also done in a completely different factory with a reasonable and predictable timeline (I think it's 6 or 8 weeks).​
That's it off the top of my head, hope it's helpful to some. Happy to share more and answer any questions!

by the way, did they mention what's the difference between McCartney and Jarvis, a bit longer on McCartney?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, could anyone tell me what the MTO premium is for suits and shirts, or just rough expected cost and deposit required.

Also if someone would like to share their experience doing MTO i would appreciate it.
The premium is pretty reasonable in my experience; it's hard to be precise because their RTW prices have also gone up over the past couple of years. They will readily send you a quote if you email them. They've been flexible about deposits -- I've generally paid 50% at the time of order and the balance on completion.

They used to only offer MTO if you'd been to their Paris store in person, but I think that's changed. I strongly recommend that you know your size in their clothing before you order, though, since it's a little different from most makers both for their jackets (I have to size up) and their trousers (they use FR sizing, which is not the same as US or EU). As you've probably read if you've looked at this thread, they've changed makers for their tailored clothing because of long delays at their original Italian factory (I'm still waiting on an order from December, for example). The new factory should be turning around orders much more quickly (someone above said 8-10 weeks, I heard 6) but haven't seen enough real-world feedback here yet in terms of quality and consistency.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My biggest worry when brand switch factory is sizing consistency between new and old… also feel like that’s the least controlled for whatever reason, even for big brand

jbie

Reaction score
My biggest worry when brand switch factory is sizing consistency between new and old… also feel like that’s the least controlled for whatever reason, even for big brand
From what I've heard Japanese brands tend to have lower tolerances for these sort of things

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, the main differences are

Jarvis: 4 buttons on sleeve, 11cm straight lapel
McCartney: 3 buttons on sleeve, 10.5cm slightly rounded lapel

And maybe length is longer, feels like they used to quote 76cm on the ones model is wearing now it’s 77cm, could have been me imaging things though

jbie

Reaction score
Shirts are made in Germany and from what I was told new factory is in Rome. I’ll be back in Paris in a few weeks ill report back.
Shirt company offices are based in Germany, but produced in Poland. Very good make, from what I have heard and seen for myself. Same maker as for Thom Sweeney.

I thought shirt has multiple place as well
Historically yes multiple places, but now for most shirting it is the German company. I think there could be exceptions e.g. silk shirts but I don't remember off the top of my head.

The new tailoring factory is indeed in Portugal; afaik all previous factories for tailoring have been in Italy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8