• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to become Funnier?

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learn how to tell a story well. Do this by reading funny stories.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kid, you can't learn funny. "That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

What you can learn though is how to be a great straight man.

Andy Griffith success on The Andy Griffith Show came from giving everyone else the jokes. He just quietly reacted.

See also:
Bud Abbott
George Burns
Dean Martin
Dick Smothers
Desi Arnaz
Bob Newhart

lefty

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When worse comes to worst, you can always put a lampshade on your head.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surround your self with funny ****. Watch funny movies, listen to stand up, hang around funny people, etc. Humor is a contagious diease.

P.S. Don't post on SF so much. The posters here think they are funnier than they actually are.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
Surround your self with funny ****. Watch funny movies, listen to stand up, hang around funny people, etc. Humor is a contagious diease.

P.S. Don't post on SF so much. The posters here think they are funnier than they actually are.

**** you! i r funny!

Clemson

Reaction score
Read "Comedy Writing Secrets" by Melvin Helitzer. It is a solid book that introduces comedy and what makes us laugh at things (like taking things to the extreme, puns, etc.) It also gives examples in the book to practice. I've only read through about 75 pages but its good so far.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i actually make fun of everyone. but i do it in a joking manner, and make fun of myself as well so people dont really get offended. im pretty good at reading people, so i know when i can make sarcastic jabs or just flat out make fun of them, and i know when not to. the worst are people who cant read people, yet think theyre funny when the people are just completely annoyed by it etc.
This lame ass who used to hang around my friends kept trying to joke around with the waitress at an Applebees. She ended up giving him the wrong drink for a refill, and I'm sure she must have put some spit in there too.

As for being funny, speak the truth.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Comedy is all about timing. Timing includes how you tell the joke, when you tell it, the rhythm you use, and the tempo at which you tell it. All of these things are important. You also have to be quick.

+100... It's all about timing, wit and knowing when to insert your say.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, if you say something you thought was going to rule but it bombs, remember the fail safe: just do this
lookaround.gif
and then go "WU-TANG!" I swear to you, I have no idea why, but it works EVERY SINGLE TIME. And remember, say it loud: you bombed and you're proud.

adamsnez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
BTW, if you say something you thought was going to rule but it bombs, remember the fail safe: just do this
lookaround.gif
and then go "WU-TANG!" I swear to you, I have no idea why, but it works EVERY SINGLE TIME.

And remember, say it loud: you bombed and you're proud.

oh my gosh. i can gaurantee that works and ive never tried/heard of it before.
i know it does cuz im sitting here at work, now crying, after running the thought through my head.
did you make this up? LOOOOL! /will remember this
.....still laughing as i finish the post

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
lookaround.gif
and then go "WU-TANG!" I swear to you, I have no idea why, but it works EVERY SINGLE TIME.

And remember, say it loud: you bombed and you're proud.

im going to try this. sounds pretty good to me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads