• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to avoid buying fake Raybans from Ebay?

lsquare

Reaction score
Anyone here have any tips on how to spot fake Raybans from Ebay? Obviously I'll avoid buying the dirt cheap ones as they're most likely fakes. Any recommendations for a reputable seller on Ebay?

yoshii

Reaction score
Not sure about ebay, but i purchased my sunnies off lovemyframes.com, some uk site/store.
Was really cheap as mine were on sale (last pair i think, because when i checked again once i recieved mine the colour was no longer in stock).
Maybe check them out or sunglasses-shop.co.uk, they have a larger range but weren't as cheap (for those i compared).

HTH

yerrow

Reaction score
buy from a dealer if you're scared of buying fakes. thats how you can avoid it

darnelled

Reaction score
Not sure how to spot the differences if fakes are good, but I bought a replacement pair about a year ago that are the real deal. Like all Ebay purchases, read their feedback carefully first.

lsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Not sure how to spot the differences if fakes are good, but I bought a replacement pair about a year ago that are the real deal. Like all Ebay purchases, read their feedback carefully first.

There is a seller called expressoptiks and he seems to be selling genuine Ray-ban Sunglasses. The price is pretty good at $100.00. It's about $50 cheaper than what I can get at SGH. I've read his feedbacks and he seems pretty good, but is there another way to differentiate the fakes from the authentic sunglasses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360124359719

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound arrogant or anything but Raybans are quite inexpensive that you should not look to buy from ebay if you want the real stuff.

mohwld

Reaction score
Not sure where you live, but Costco carries Ray Bans at really good prices (with the benefit of return-ability)

kontai69

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
There is a seller called expressoptiks and he seems to be selling genuine Ray-ban Sunglasses. The price is pretty good at $100.00. It's about $50 cheaper than what I can get at SGH. I've read his feedbacks and he seems pretty good, but is there another way to differentiate the fakes from the authentic sunglasses?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=360124359719

I've been buying on eBay for over 10 years and my gut feeling says that the seller/auction looks pretty legit to me. The price is 33% off of retail (SGH prices), which is reasonable. Fake items tend to have steeper discounts.

As to real vs fake, as with anything else, you can never know for sure whenever buying at a discount online. I would at least look to see if it has the case, outerbox, and paperwork with it.

valuefrog

Reaction score
I second the Costco recommendation. In my experience, ebay is filled with utter crap and way too many shoddy pieces.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Those are legit SGT, As long as they advertise authenticity and the price isn't drastically low, i'd bite.

FYI though, you can't trust feedback for authenticity. A lot of times the fakes are so accurate people annot tell, especially with sunglasses.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads