• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 miles this afternoon immediately after a 100km bike.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was it as windy down there as it has been in the city today? If so, that must have been a helluva ride.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was it as windy down there as it has been in the city today? If so, that must have been a helluva ride.

It was 29 miles into the wind (north) and then back with some detours coming back. I got a bit further north than Highway 92. Yesterday seemed windier, but I got further north, as far as Skyline College.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A speedy 5k this morning in support of a local high school orchestra. I came in first in my age group and 10th overall. I've discovered that when I race against a bunch of middle school and high school band kids, I do pretty well. I may have found my ideal opponents!

I ran 3 miles to get to the 5k and then another 3 miles to get home so just a bit over 9 miles total.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4 miles in perfect weather: 46 degrees, blue sky, sunrise, no wind.

Being a slacker, I tend to avoid running the route that takes me up what is known as "Piety Hill" in our town. The good weather inspired me to do the right thing. Hill work is a good thing.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.25 miles on a treadmill in Atlanta. Just looking out the window at the humidity was making me perspire.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went for an 8.7 mile run this morning. It was terrible followed because my legs just weren't feeling it.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
6.2 this morning. 2 miles warm-up, then 3 at increasing pace, then a cool-down for the rest.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first 8 km:

7OR8qJE.jpg

wingin' it

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7.7 miles tonite. 86 degrees, sunny, and humid.
Congrats NOBD on the distance. Should feel good hitting a new milestone.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
5 miles this morning. Feeling slow lately, but I'm hoping it's a side-effect of increasing my weekly mileage.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles this morning. Feeling slow lately, but I'm hoping it's a side-effect of increasing my weekly mileage.

Tired legs. I try to take Monday's and Friday's off but still run on tired legs. I have seen some days where I feel super slow yet I am ticking off miles that are quite fast. Weird feeling.

Last night I got in my usual 4.6 mile loop at a pretty slow pace.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads