1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

4k this evening.

1 person likes this.
  2. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

12 miles yesterday and 10.5 miles today. Did a lot of yard work yesterday and today along with trying to fight off my sons cold made tonight end early. It felt like someone sucker punched me and too the wind out of me so I shuffled home. Think its time for a few days rest.

2 people like this.
  3. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

Banged out my first two marathons last year and came in at 3:50 on my second, which was slower than I hoped, but whatever. Started ramping up again, but a sciatic issue from herniated disc between L5 and S1 has me completely sidelined. Can't seem to get a handle on it... Mainly radiating across lower back and above left glute.... depressing.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  4. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

So... after my optimism at the beginning of the year, at the back end of February, I fractured a metatarsal in my right foot again. Virtually the same place as last time, but what's really annoying is that it wasn't even because of running. My wife and I do Taiko drumming and during the warm-up for a practice session, I came down awkwardly on my foot, felt the pain and knew immediately what it was.

Luckily it wasn't a full break, and having left it for just over a month with no running etc., we have just arrived back in Tokyo for a month. I love running in Tokyo, so I went out for my usual 7.5km circuit that included Ueno park in full cherry blossom glory. Things seemed to be okay so I did another 10km loop today including the curve of the Sumida river as the sun was rising. Everything still seems good, so I will be going out training with my old running club on Wednesday evening and get my ass kicked because I am so unfit... fun times.

2 people like this.
  5. archibaldleach

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

8 miles this morning. With the exception of miles 6 and 8, got slower with every successive mile. 6 and 8 were my fastest and identical miles, but 8 felt a *lot* harder...

1 person likes this.
  7. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

8.2 miles last night. Temps said 80s but it felt cooler.

8. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

My first training run with the old club wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The club usually splits into two with the A group being those who aim to run under 4 minutes per km, and the B group, slower than that. We were doing 6 * 1km splits with a minute or two between each. I used to run with A, but given my lack of fitness and recent injury, I started with B and wasn't intending to push it. However I found myself running at the front of the B group in 3.50, so I hitched a ride on the back of the A group for the rest of the evening. In practice, I was more off than on but I didn't get too distanced. I felt it, though.

3 people like this.
  9. archibaldleach

5.5km or so this afternoon.

10. sugarbutch

4 miles this morning. Slow. I played basketball with my son yesterday, and it kicked my ass. Every joint was sore this morning.

1 person likes this.
  11. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

5 miles on my favorite flat trail loop.

1 person likes this.
  12. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

9.5 miles tonight. Slow going with a lingering cough but just started the S-Town podcast so I didn't mind the extra time out there.

1 person likes this.
  13. hirschlederne

hirschlederne Senior member

~8,75 km in 44:48. Two seconds slower than my best time on this track.

14. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Another 9.5 miles. Puts me at roughly 660 miles for the year so far.

3 people like this.
  15. sugarbutch

I think that exceeds my combined total for 2015 and 2016...

Anyway, 6 this morning, somehow got 1250 ft of climbing in (at least according to the app).

1 person likes this.
  16. hirschlederne

1870 m in 08:03 which is my second-best time after December 2015's 07:59.

Later, I found out on Strava that apparently, someone's been faster than me on that track by 1:30ish. What do you think? I'm calling BS.

17. sugarbutch

6'12" miles are well within lots of runners' capability...

18. hirschlederne

It's km 15 that's bugging me. I know what km 1-14 look like and km 15 goes uphill for quite a while. Yet he seems to be able to run km 15 2 s faster than the fastest 2000 m track time of 04:44. After 14 km on asphalt and dirt. He then holds Usain Bolts top-speed for 20 s (albeit slightly down-hill). I think if this isn't fake, the world would know this guy.

19. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

That guy has a couple of flagged runs where he runs a 5:50/mi pace for 17 miles with 3k feet of gain. I can't find any information on that guy but it is possible is he runs a sub-1:10 half marathon which is plausible.

20. brp2

brp2 Senior member

9 miles today around Vancouver's sea wall and Stanley Park. First three miles felt great because it was a flat run at sea level. Then it got progressively harder as the alcohol and poor sleep caught up with me. Still, ran my fastest 10k ever without really trying.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    2 people like this.