• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
4.86 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 34:32 this morning. Getting ready for the Grete's Great Gallop tomorrow morning.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles again. I hate getting back in shape. Need to do some speed work and get on some longer runs.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've been doing the elliptical because of my knee, but took a chance and knocked out a quick mile on the treadmill in the barefoot style. Discovered I don't have the callouses for that... Anyway, I see the orthopedist on Wednesday, so let's hope for good news.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4.86 miles over the Queensboro Bridge in 34:32 this morning. Getting ready for the Grete's Great Gallop tomorrow morning.

See you there myles! 4.5 today, for the same reasons. actually doing Grete's saturday and a trail 1/2 on Sunday. wheeeee!

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finishing in michigan stadium looks awesome.
Hit about 11 yesterday with accelerations, but took Thurs off because of moving.
will get out today for 10 or so.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Longtime no post, been running though, today was 4.5. Really starting to feel my age catch up with me. Already retired from hockey and soccer, it may just be time for me to tone down the lifting and/or running as well, and focus on my kids, especially now that they're getting older.

Side note, and shameless running plug, my kids program starts up again this week (Tuesdays and Fridays) based out of Trendurance Sports in Bay Ridge. If anyone knows any Bk kids who want to get into running...it's the place to be.

http://www.trendurancesports.com

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of motivation, I am feeling pretty borderline for a run tonight. The stresses of moving/travel/school/work etc. and a half marathon I am focused on next weekend are making me reluctant. I suppose getting out for at least 6 wont kill me though.

MoreFire

Reaction score

speaking of motivation, I am feeling pretty borderline for a run tonight. The stresses of moving/travel/school/work etc. and a half marathon I am focused on next weekend are making me reluctant. I suppose getting out for at least 6 wont kill me though.

Talking 'bout running addiction ... I've been reducing my workouts during the past two weeks due to the half marathon I ran. Hard as **** not to go running.
Last week: 6miles running, 2x swimming
This week: 6miles on tuesday, 5x1000m intervals on friday, 2x swimming

Feeling better, hip doesn't hurt anymore (as it did in the first week after the half marathon). Doing a long run tomorrow, looking forward :slayer:

Next goal: 10km sub 40mins, shouldn't be too hard though. But as I am going to move to another place it is going to be hard to do interval workouts as they don't have an open stadium there :(

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Next goal: 10km sub 40mins, shouldn't be too hard though. But as I am going to move to another place it is going to be hard to do interval workouts as they don't have an open stadium there :(

Try finding a straightaway you can use. I use mapmyrun.com and know all of the spots in my neighborhood pretty well now (I've also been here for almost 10 years though).

MoreFire

Reaction score
Yeah I have that but the problem is that I don't know the exact distance of it, just approx. And it is isn't as flat as I'ld like it to be (but still the best option I have). I really enjoyed having a stadiums right around the corner, it also gives one more possibilites to vary the length of the intervals...

On a side note: I was thinking about new challenges / workouts I could try out during the winter months.
Came up with the following:
1) uphill sprints
2) trailrunning (i dont have proper shoes for that though)
3) doing more fartleks again

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a half marathon this morning and was coming off a cold bad enough to keep me out of work a couple days the previous week. My original goal was 1 hour 55 minutes but after being sick, I would have been happy with 2 hours 10 minutes. I surprised myself with a time of 1 hour 48 minutes. I think that's my best half marathon time in a few years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads