• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put up about 10 PM for a total of 17 or 18 for the day.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just signed up for The Brooksie Way half marathon for this Sunday. My goal is to finish in under 1 hour 55 minutes. If I never report back how I did, it's safe to assume I didn't make my goal. lol

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just signed up for The Brooksie Way half marathon for this Sunday. My goal is to finish in under 1 hour 55 minutes. If I never report back how I did, it's safe to assume I didn't make my goal. lol

Hah, we will love you anyway dude. Race reports are always appreciated.
8 this morning at about 7:45, felt pretty easy. 5-6 more tonight.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on race reports.

I was glued to tweets on the UROC this past weekend. Geoff Roes finally won another race.

Im consistantly up around 6 miles a day now. My pace is quickening as well. Im in the 7:30 mm pace for a 6er.
I think my secret spot run did alot to improve the fitness aspects and I will hit it at least once a week.
The best news is my orthopod has declared my ankle is now 100% healed and pretty much a total miracle of modern surgical technique.
Now I can really hit it and start putting on the miles.
Also, my lower leg issues from the past are under control.
I have my first race in 3 weeks (a 5K) and hope to pull under 22 minutes.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5 miles this a.m. About 40 minutes

soccerdude

Reaction score
I am out and running at around 6:30 am. I go for a quick run about 25 mins and run 3 miles.

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
Four miles this morning, three of them at marathon race pace.

BTW, steer clear of Asics Gel Cumulus 13. Compared with GC12, uppers are a full size too small.:angry: Took much nipping, snipping and such to make sure it causes nothing bad this Sunday. On Monday, they'll be headed back to Road Runner.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 miles in the easy trails, pics are up on twitter. It smelled amazing. My shirt still smells like the damp morning air.....

Dr Nemo

Reaction score
4mi, including 3mi at marathon pace. Last run before two days of rest, then Twin Cities on Sunday. Style Forum considerations: White cotton gloves, sunglasses (although not as cool as Sam's yellow rims), Graphite Asics microfiber shorts, black singlet, and Asics Gel Cumulus13's that look like Edward Scissorhands got hold of the toes (to remedy the short uppers).

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I love those glasses - Oakley frogskins that have lasted 3 years.
Got out for 9 last night really slow.
Feeling a bit beat up after tuesday's tough double, and I have to move again (f#ck!) so tonight may be a challenging run.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
4.5 mi on the treadmill. I prefer running outside but I'm finding the treadmill to not be so bad after all.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4.5 miles this a.m. About 30 minutes.

I will be running in the Big House Big Heart 10K Race in Ann Arbor next Sunday. The course passes through the streets of Ann Arbor and ends by going through the tunnel in Michigan Stadium with a finish on the 50 yard line. Several thousand show up for this annual event that raises money for various charities.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads