• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12 "miles" in zone 2, 20-minute strength workout, and 15 minutes of yoga.

I started off with a proper mask then transitioned to using a Buff-style gaiter. The biggest issue with them is that they are suffocating if they get wet from sweat or rain. I used to keep my nose and mouth covered at all times, which was fine from a breathing and heat perspective, but on warmer days it would get saturated with sweat. Now I just pull it up when I encounter other people.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5km/3.1 miles on the local trails. Temps were in the upper 30s with a stiff breeze that was in my face for the uphill portion. I also felt sluggish and tired.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe update (for those interested):

Long runs: Saucony Guide 13, to replace the Brooks Ghosts which I never really got on with - comfortable, lower drop than the Ghosts, plus some stability, they look ideal and I will take them out for a first run this Sunday.

Easy runs / "daily trainer": Reebok Floatride Grow, Reebok's new eco-version of the Floatride Energy (my pair are just coming to the end of their useful life).

*Steady runs: Adidas Adizero Boston 9 - firm and responsive but quite narrow, and I don't think I could run in them for really long distances because the start to rub my instep badly after 10km or so. Maybe not for my footshape.

*Tempo intervals etc.: Saucony Kinvara 10 - I've got to like these more and more over time. I even used them for the charity marathon attempt last year, and they certainly weren't the reason I didn't finish it. I also still have the Brooks Asteria, and they are fine, but most suited to speedwork, and I'm not doing any of that.

Races: Saucony Endorphin Pro - I've still got to get the hang of how to get the best out of them, but they almost do the job in spite of you. And with my race volume, they should last through to the end of 2022.

*These two will both be replaced by the On Cyclon when it comes out in the Fall. What I need now is to find a nice, comfortable, sustainable long run shoe for when my Guides are finished....

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Short, brutal session, plus 20 minutes of strength, and 15 minutes of yoga.

1618019620580.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
10.3 miles at 8:20/mile overall. My pace was all over the place though with my slowest 2 miles around 9:08 and my fastest 2 around 6:45.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
10.3 miles at 8:20/mile overall. My pace was all over the place though with my slowest 2 miles around 9:08 and my fastest 2 around 6:45.
I’ve never run a sub-7’ mile at all, let alone two in the middle of a ten-mile run.

20 miles of opportunistic dirt and gravel within the city limits. Golden Gate Park, Lands End, and the Presidio. I was supposed to do a trainer ride today, but the weather is too nice to be in my garage. I woke up this morning feeling super tired and sore from a fairly intense week of exercise. This was confirmed during the ride by my inability to get my heart rate up on climbs. I may bring my rest day forward 24 hours...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 45 minutes of carrying one or the other of my two older boys at the Denver Zoo. After we got home, I ran 5 miles on the local flat trails at easy pace (46:20). Temps around 70.

966E898F-CF05-41B5-A109-87D0B472CCFA.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran my reference route today (13.2km / 8 1/4 miles), but at steady pace instead of easy. But I didn't do it right at all - steady is supposed to be - well it's in the name really - consistent. But, a bit like @Michigan Planner earlier, my splits were silly, starting off down in 5:15/km (8:30/mile) territory, and then gradually winding it up so I hit the turn in an average 4:43/km (7:36/mile), but then my first couple of kilometres after the turn, I didn't think I was running fast, but the fastest one was 4:10/km (6:43/mile). But then I slowed right down because this was stupid. And then I really slowed down. Anyway, I finished in 1:02:35, which is 4:44/km (7:37/mile).

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Track was locked today so I focused on long run. I jogged 20 minutes and then walked another 20 minutes in the same direction. When I hit 40 minutes I turned around and walked home. That took about an hour. I’m guessing in total I jogged and walked about 5.5-6 miles.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Haven't been popping in as much as I don't like repeatedly posting I did weights or used my elliptical. Got two good rides in this weekend.

Yesterday was a fast 25 miles but there's a six mile downhill/flat section that makes my time seem faster than it is. I also got a good laugh at a chump on a Pedago. I always take a break at the bottom of that downhill section where the road meets up with the dedicated bike path I pick up at that point. Chubs was upset he couldn't catch me on the downhill and apparently had no idea he's got a 20mph limiter.

Today was a 21 mile loop but 2300 ft of elevation. Ugh. I am not a climber.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads