• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

How many miles did you run today?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure which version you have, but I have a standard Buff I picked up a few years ago in Iceland and I think the double jersey cotton is probably a little thicker than the Buff.
I seem to recall that mine is the standard Buff. I only use it for running outside, so I’m not overly worried about slightly higher risk of viral transmission.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome run FM! Great time as your paces have been very strong this year.

I got in 6.9 miles last night around the neighborhood. Even though it was after dinner, I was only about 3min slower than my target 1hr when picking up the pace. Good evening of running and happy to report there was enough light out to not need a headlamp to finish.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
12 "miles" in zone 2, 20-minute strength workout, and 15 minutes of yoga.

I started off with a proper mask then transitioned to using a Buff-style gaiter. The biggest issue with them is that they are suffocating if they get wet from sweat or rain. I used to keep my nose and mouth covered at all times, which was fine from a breathing and heat perspective, but on warmer days it would get saturated with sweat. Now I just pull it up when I encounter other people.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5km/3.1 miles on the local trails. Temps were in the upper 30s with a stiff breeze that was in my face for the uphill portion. I also felt sluggish and tired.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe update (for those interested):

Long runs: Saucony Guide 13, to replace the Brooks Ghosts which I never really got on with - comfortable, lower drop than the Ghosts, plus some stability, they look ideal and I will take them out for a first run this Sunday.

Easy runs / "daily trainer": Reebok Floatride Grow, Reebok's new eco-version of the Floatride Energy (my pair are just coming to the end of their useful life).

*Steady runs: Adidas Adizero Boston 9 - firm and responsive but quite narrow, and I don't think I could run in them for really long distances because the start to rub my instep badly after 10km or so. Maybe not for my footshape.

*Tempo intervals etc.: Saucony Kinvara 10 - I've got to like these more and more over time. I even used them for the charity marathon attempt last year, and they certainly weren't the reason I didn't finish it. I also still have the Brooks Asteria, and they are fine, but most suited to speedwork, and I'm not doing any of that.

Races: Saucony Endorphin Pro - I've still got to get the hang of how to get the best out of them, but they almost do the job in spite of you. And with my race volume, they should last through to the end of 2022.

*These two will both be replaced by the On Cyclon when it comes out in the Fall. What I need now is to find a nice, comfortable, sustainable long run shoe for when my Guides are finished....

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10.3 miles at 8:20/mile overall. My pace was all over the place though with my slowest 2 miles around 9:08 and my fastest 2 around 6:45.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
10.3 miles at 8:20/mile overall. My pace was all over the place though with my slowest 2 miles around 9:08 and my fastest 2 around 6:45.
I’ve never run a sub-7’ mile at all, let alone two in the middle of a ten-mile run.

20 miles of opportunistic dirt and gravel within the city limits. Golden Gate Park, Lands End, and the Presidio. I was supposed to do a trainer ride today, but the weather is too nice to be in my garage. I woke up this morning feeling super tired and sore from a fairly intense week of exercise. This was confirmed during the ride by my inability to get my heart rate up on climbs. I may bring my rest day forward 24 hours...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
About 45 minutes of carrying one or the other of my two older boys at the Denver Zoo. After we got home, I ran 5 miles on the local flat trails at easy pace (46:20). Temps around 70.

966E898F-CF05-41B5-A109-87D0B472CCFA.jpeg

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ran my reference route today (13.2km / 8 1/4 miles), but at steady pace instead of easy. But I didn't do it right at all - steady is supposed to be - well it's in the name really - consistent. But, a bit like @Michigan Planner earlier, my splits were silly, starting off down in 5:15/km (8:30/mile) territory, and then gradually winding it up so I hit the turn in an average 4:43/km (7:36/mile), but then my first couple of kilometres after the turn, I didn't think I was running fast, but the fastest one was 4:10/km (6:43/mile). But then I slowed right down because this was stupid. And then I really slowed down. Anyway, I finished in 1:02:35, which is 4:44/km (7:37/mile).

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Track was locked today so I focused on long run. I jogged 20 minutes and then walked another 20 minutes in the same direction. When I hit 40 minutes I turned around and walked home. That took about an hour. I’m guessing in total I jogged and walked about 5.5-6 miles.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.