• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Run as One 4 Miler in CP yesterday - ran a PR of 22:39. solid time yet not even good enough for top 3 in my age group....Damn there are some fast peopel in NYC.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Run as One 4 Miler in CP yesterday - ran a PR of 22:39. solid time yet not even good enough for top 3 in my age group....Damn there are some fast peopel in NYC.

Nice time! I wish I could run a mile at that pace... ; )

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes. Regarding runing a mile at that pace, if you can find a race by you that's a miler - I'd highly reccomend it. It's really fun and not a distance you usually race, yet people are captivated by it every 4 years at the Olympics. And to that point - you'd be surprised how fast you can run 1 mile.

9.7 miles in CP this morning in 1:14:22

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I missed my chance last weekend. I should have skipped the 5k and and done the 1-mile fun run!

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does this look familiar, Fueco?

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did 7.5 miles this morning with about 4 of it on some local trails along a river and lake before the sun was up. I usually end up getting scared by a heron or deer at that time of day but all I saw today was a cat. The deer must have all been back in my yard eating my tulips because when I got home I noticed they had been destroyed. :paranoia:

There's nothing quite like running in the predawn light when the sound of a snort from a deer comes from behind. #makingtheheartracefaster

I live near a wildlife nature area.. One morning, in the distance, I thought saw a dog. It was a fox.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's nothing quite like running in the predawn light when the sound of a snort from a deer comes from behind. #makingtheheartracefaster

I live near a wildlife nature area.. One morning, in the distance, I thought saw a dog. It was a fox.

I put in 4.6 miles this morning.

No interesting wild animals but I did see three foxes (a mom and two pups) walking along Maple in Birmingham of all places near the Rouge River on Sunday morning. The rushing traffic didn't seem to bother them at all but the moment I tried to pull out my cell phone to take a picture they got frightened and ran.

The best animal sighting I've had was last Saturday. I ran from home to the Kirk in the Hills church (if you are familiar with that in the area) and then around the lake behind it. At one point towards the back of the lake there must have been 200 great egrets nesting high above me in the tall red pines, maples, and poplar trees. It was quite a spooky sight. I have another long run planned for this Saturday and I think I am going to try to head back over there about the same time of day again.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does this look familiar, Fueco?

Definitely! I think that's just past where I turned around on Saturday.

Today I did a 4.5 mile run. Mostly easy with 2x 1 mile efforts at T pace. Taper week rocks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads