1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

How many miles did you run today?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by MonkeyFresh, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Is it crazy that I'm now looking at the Boston Qualifying standards for the 40-45 age group, think I can get to that level for 2017? It could've been next year, but the race is two weeks before my birthday...

2. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

5.3 mile recovery run today.
    One of my favorite days of the year. Daylight savings starts, weather was awesome and in the 30's, and over 50 miles for the week.

I tried tailwind and know quite a few people that use it and like it. It just kept coming back up as foam for me in longer runs. I switched to Vitargo and couldn't be happier. Everyone's system is different.

Not crazy Fueco. The AG's sneak up on you. I'm in the 50 y/o AG this summer. I'm qualified in the 45-49 AG in this Boston. Only plan to do Boston once, but who knows. We'll see what it's like.

3. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

4.8 miles this morning. It was actually close to freezing and the warmest I can remember for an outdoor run in a long time. I just need to hold out one more week and then I'll be in South Florida and can enjoy nice temps everyday for a few weeks.

I think I am going to stop by the running store tomorrow or Thursday to pick up a brand new pair of shoes to take with me. I always use my annual trip to Florida as a time to try a new pair since my wife refuses to let me pack one of my old, smelly, pairs into my luggage. Sauconey Kinvara are probably my go-to shoes but I've heard really positive things about the Nike FlyKnits (and I liked my Nike Free that I had in the past) so maybe I'll check those out.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

3 yesterday afternoon in Golden Gate Park. First time overall pace below 9'00" since last fall. But I had to work for that...

1 person likes this.
  5. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

2 miles this morning as a warm-up for weights.

6. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

3.2 this morning. Slow again, but I was in a truly shitty mood when I went out and much less so when I finished.

7. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

8 hangover miles yesterday (my local hosted their friends/family St Pat's feast on Sunday and things were... festive) followed by 8 more today.

11 days until Old Goats!

8. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

9.7 miles w/ speed work today.

9. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

4.5 miles... Would've been longer, but our track workout got plowed under by a high school track meet.

10. Harold Everton

Harold Everton New Member

I try to do at least 1 a day. #Cardio

11. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

3.5 miles
    Running still feels like crap

12. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

2.8 yesterday evening. Just getting back into it!

13. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

3.2 this morning. After injury and the pure laziness that followed even after I was healed it felt good to get out there this morning.

14. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

8.5 miles with some tempo work thrown in (I ran miles 6 and 7 in 7:45 and 8:04). I'm beginning to feel human again, and like I can just run and run. Watch out world, here I come!

3 people like this.
  16. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

3.75 miles. Heading to Ohio for a few days. We will see what flat outdoor running will do to me.

17. justridiculous

justridiculous Senior member

It'll make you feel very good about yourself.

18. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Another couple of 8's under the belt. Feeling pretty good lately... one or two more runs then a little taper.

Glad I'm not running the LA Marathon this weekend... gonna be a scorcher! I read somewhere that race officials are considering "not recording finish times" to prevent people from overexerting in the heat. If there's any truth to this, all I can say is: what a bunch of clowns.

19. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

7.1 mile run in Golden Gate Park on a lovely afternoon...

20. wingin' it

wingin' it Senior member

8.1 miles tonite doing one of my favorite workouts, hill repeats.

Awesome Blah. A 5/4 rated 50M course should be a good challenge. I'm looking at an early August race. Considering 1 of these 3: Standhope 60K, Hurl Elkhorn run, or Skyline Mtn 50K. Anyone have any info on any of them from previous race experience?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015