• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How large are your calves?

asdfTT123

Reaction score
I'm just wondering...I've had HUGE calves all my life. I just measured the circumference of them today and I found that they were 17" around compared to my waist which is 33.5". How about you? I've been trying to slim them down but I don't know how to get rid of the excess fat or muscle in the area...any thoughts?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Its ok, mine are 17.75" at the widest point of my calf, and 26.3 inches at the top of the thigh. It's mostly muscle though, so the only way I can slim them down is by atrophy.

Then again, I also have a wider waist than you, and am probably taller. (just a guess)

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So far my calves (or should I say...cows?) are utterly dominating. It's gonna take drizzt or some big ***** to beat me.

13.5 inch calves? Diminutive! My forearms are 13.25 inches.

Opcn

Reaction score
33" waist, 17 inch calves, when I was riding my bike 75 miles a week they were around 18.5 inches. They are all muscle.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
So far my calves (or should I say...cows?) are utterly dominating. It's gonna take drizzt or some big ***** to beat me.

13.5 inch calves? Diminutive! My forearms are 13.25 inches.

dude, my daughters have calves bigger than that. 19 inch calves - and that is probrably the only part of my body with no (or very little) fat. I don't know what they're called, but the muscles on the front of the shin are what really pump it up.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
16 calf, 21.5 thigh, waist 30, super short (5 ft 6) so they look bigger than they are

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vladimir Berkov
13.5 inch calves, 29 inch waist. My calves never seem to gain mass or diameter it seems.

Same measurements here. I'm scrawny.
frown.gif

Whenever I used to workout my legs heavily, the only muscles that grew at all were my quads.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are 17.25 inches and I have a 36 inch waist.

They have gotten smaller over the years now that the only workout they get is from running.

All my life I would never have said my calves are big. I guess because I am tall they don't stand out as much.

Opcn

Reaction score
Do some Calf raises, just when you are standing around and watching TV or whatever stand on one leg and raise your body up, then switch legs and go back and fourth till you legs feel engorged and fatigued.

Edit: that was for Luda not the OP. For the life of my I can't figure out why anyone would want to lose inches off their calves, wanting to get definition I could understand, but wanting to loose inches boggles me.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Opcn
Do some Calf raises, just when you are standing around and watching TV or whatever stand on one leg and raise your body up, then switch legs and go back and fourth till you legs feel engorged and fatigued.

Edit: that was for Luda not the OP. For the life of my I can't figure out why anyone would want to lose inches off their calves, wanting to get definition I could understand, but wanting to loose inches boggles me.

When you've got calves as big as mine, you'd want to lose some inches. I don't know my measurements but I've only ever seen comparable calves on NFL linemen. Mine are rock solid and just massive, so much so that they impress the idiot meat heads at the gym.

adversity04

Reaction score
14" calves, 31" waist - Calves used to be a little bigger when I was sprinting/hurdling in track

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads