• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, more conservative business dress today! Possibly save yesterday's pants to aid resuce in blizzards?
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Hehe. Love my red pants; they are rock'n roll to me. :-D

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We might put different association to rock'n roll, Mr Jones. And it wasn't meant literally - just my inner Rebel, Rebel.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking fabulous in tweed, as usual, Gerry.

BTW, in follow up to our earlier correspondence about wearing tweed and DB suits, I've taken the necessary steps to indulge myself in both this season. In about a month from now, my new jacket and suit should be ready, and I'm very excited about both.

Once again, thanks for the helpful stylistic advice on details that I may otherwise have overlooked.

You're very welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Epicure

Reaction score
You're very welcome and I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

Sounds like my marching orders to post fit pics for the first time! Haha.

So as not to interrupt the flow of fit pics with too much text, the rest of my reply is here:

Maybe I can get a friend to help me with a 'photo shoot', as I'm fairly inept at taking self pics!

I'm hoping the fit of the suit and jacket turn out at least reasonably well. I have one prior experience with the local MTM operation I'm using, and that was for my wedding suit which preceded my discovery of SF and any true sartorial understanding (about five years ago). The term local should rightly be interpreted loosely, as it belies the fact that while the measurements and specifications were all taken in person, the cutting and tailoring process is all undertaken in New Zealand. Cloth for both suit and jacket is Holland & Sherry because that's what my guy deals in, and that is fine by me. The only other personal experience I have with reputable cloth is from offerings among the Huddersfield brands, the rest of my custom clothing being made from the cloth of 'no-name' mills/merchants, so my appreciation for differences in cloth quality leaves quite a bit of room for improvement. I can say that I definitely prefer my H&S and Huddersfield garments, however.

Notably, my wedding suit is still very much wearable and to my knowledge, the only thing "wrong" with it is that the lapels could stand to be wider, especially since I am about 193cm tall and larger than 'average' overall. Fortunately, the lapels are not grossly skinny (some SF members may well beg to differ!). All in all, it would seem that I had reasonable advice regarding fit on my wedding suit, and for that I was fortunate. Since my experience with this particular MTM operation turned out as well as it did the first time with little input from me, I'm quietly hopeful it will provide a good result this time round as well, especially given I was able to articulate preferences in terms of how I want the clothes to look.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member