• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of course this all explodes the one day i week i am gone.
as far as dressing more sedately, i am a big fan of simple, somber, elegant, crisp fits. i am fan of pretty much everything as long as its good, and well executed. be it a LK extravaganza, or a pB block of solids.

just for you, here is a fit that i did a while back that i really loved that might be more to your liking:

651e8a4d_d21e5fdb-991e-486c-8f15-e44bd68eca3b_zps9e4b2919.jpeg

This is true. Nobody has ever accused u of pattern disease (solidophobia?) Stitchy have they?

IIRC u got quite a caning in Whnay's a couple of years ago for posting fits that Spectre would probably have liked quite a bit....

Also IIRC the most recent multi-pattern trend in this thread (I can't speak for pre-2009) stems back to the 'Fooniversity' era in Whnay's: that was all about complex dynamics of contrast, palette, saturation and texture; tone balancing and using a broad spectrum of colors and contrasting pattern densities, which was all rooted in
ffffuuuu.gif
's love of 2 things: difficulty, and Neapolitan flair.

There were multi-pattern posters before that, like Spoo and Gnatty and Sterlling Gilette and OD/OT and Crusty of course but I don't recall it being a 'thing' to post multi-patterns for their own sakes.

Is the pendulum about to swing the other way?? The Irony is that the guy who set all that madness off was also known for his errr...... bedside manner.

From Friday.

Apropos above, I wonder whether Foo would have said something along the lines of :
'Nobody on the street is going to think you look bad, but no man who is well-dressed will mistake you for one of his own either.'

I like it and I would wear it FWIW
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite fits of my own are almost always 3 or 2 pattern, with an occasional all solid. Of my own, I like 4 and 1 pattern fits the least. 4 is too much, and it's only incidental when I wear it, and one pattern feels unbalanced somehow, though I guess it really depends on context (a suit, I think, lends itself more to the single pattern approach) or on the item (a patterned jacket with all solids, though I'd say you'd be better off without a square than wearing a solid square. a patterned square is probably also alright in an all solid look)

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Was at a little cigar shop's second anniversary, I think my ray bans are too small for my big Dutch nose. But I am sure that isn't the only critiques that could be made, so please let me have it.

Suit- H&M linen
Shirt - CT
Bow - SuitSupply
PS - Hamilton Jockey Club
Shoes - Walk Over

Layered Player

Reaction score
My middle school era was the ish. Fact.

I killed em in Sunday School.

My old man was the preacher though so I kind of had an unfair advantage.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kulata, interesting u don't like windowpanes in blues generally.  I can understand your aversion to that particular sky blue, but blues in general of course tend complement the common  blue shirt.

Blue windowpane patterns in jackets with blue shirts looks somewhat contrived. I prefer windowpane patterns based on more earthy colors. Something like this:

41416892qg_14_f.jpg

A blue shirt will complement the jacket above nicely and you can also wear a blue based tie in that combo in addition to others making it way more versatile.

And for picking #2, I'm expecting a Castangia jacket in a similar fabric so an obvious bias is there.

Last edited:

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was at a little cigar shop's second anniversary, I think my ray bans are too small for my big Dutch nose. But I am sure that isn't the only critiques that could be made, so please let me have it. Suit- H&M linen Shirt - CT Bow - SuitSupply PS - Hamilton Jockey Club Shoes - Walk Over
I think this is rather dapper looking.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3usa5eha.jpg

Corneliani/Omega/Fay/Maffeis

I quite like the look, but I'm not a fan of those washed out Boglioli type cotton jackets and the last sleeve button looks way to close to the cuff.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mid day meeting. First pic is me clasping my hands together in frustration, saying "why can't I get this god damn iPhone self timer to shoot properly?" :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads