• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trousers, jacket, tie, shoes,…something missing. I know. A vest. Got that too.

IMG_1802.jpeg

IMG_1804.jpeg

IMG_1801.jpeg

IMG_1800.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A winter variation on the uniform - MTM navy blazer, cream turtleneck, gray flannels, suede loafers. Note that while the quarters aren’t as open on this jacket, the balance is still sound. That’s what I was trying to explain in my other post: closed quarters are no excuse for a poor fit. And fit is always your top priority, brand and fabric be damned!
9513ED40-3A18-43C8-A724-BD26CA74F604.jpeg

81A4B4A3-2019-4F81-93A1-0E84B7B4158C.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not the best fit on this suit. Button stance is too high. There’s pulling at the top button. Something weird happening with the drape of the trousers. Are the thighs too tight? The rise too low? The shirt collar also looks too stiff.

kid1002

Reaction score
A winter variation on the uniform - MTM navy blazer, cream turtleneck, gray flannels, suede loafers. Note that while the quarters aren’t as open on this jacket, the balance is still sound. That’s what I was trying to explain in my other post: closed quarters are no excuse for a poor fit. And fit is always your top priority, brand and fabric be damned!
View attachment 2189451
View attachment 2189455

Sir, you have some of the best fits consistently on here.

Do you live in the Southern hemisphere? I live in China and I've been wearing a lot of tropical wool recently. I do miss the colder days.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir, you have some of the best fits consistently on here.

Do you live in the Southern hemisphere? I live in China and I've been wearing a lot of tropical wool recently. I do miss the colder days.
Thanks! ☺️

Yeah… I live in Australia. We’re in Autumn now but the mornings and nights are about 16 C, which is perfect for warmer jackets. I think it gets a heck of a lot colder in China, doesn’t it?

As for fits, I’m heavily influenced by some of the OG SF’ers, who used to hang around here circa 2007-2014ish (damn, I feel old). Posters like Vox Sartoria, IAMMATT, Ethan Newton (Ethan Desu), the Armoury boys, even the Foo! There was a lot of lively debate (sometimes very heated) about the elements of style back then. I think you’d have enjoyed it. Good times… good times…

Last edited:

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m curious… How many here have read Vox’s seminal how-to article on classic style? The infamous ‘Practical Thoughts on Coherent Combinations for beginners’? If you haven’t, I’d strongly recommend finding a way to get your hands on the bloody thing. It’s a 70-plus Word doc that’s packed with priceless, well thought out content and yes… it is that good. Many a poster could stand to learn a thing or two from what’s there; I know I did back in the day.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L