• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice that you appreciate feedback. I also suggested to widen the leg opening on your trousers time ago, but you seem to stick to your usual narrow one. I understand that you wear what you have, but I would still give a try. Pretty sure you won't regret.

And yes, Italian tailors and fashion brands are mainly responsible for the skinny trousers. Not a reason to follow though.

EDIT: I love wide leg trousers, but if it's not your preference, you could still try something in between.

View attachment 2188315
Now thaaat is a suit! Very slick, mate 👊🏻

Jones&co

Reaction score
Just got my thrifted trousers back from the tailor. He put a 2in cuff on them like I asked him. Mind you these aren’t high waisted trousers. But I have to work with what I can afford right now. I think he did a good job. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_6650.jpeg
    IMG_6650.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6653.jpeg
    IMG_6653.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 54

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason I can't quite figure out, something in the garden at the USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena CA made me think of an old joke.

A dog stood on the railroad track.

Woo Woo (or in this case Foo Foo).

Doggone.

IMG_7405.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Brookstweed jacket, Bow Tie Club tie, L L Bean OCBD shirt, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Old Navy sweater vest, J Crew grey corduroy trousers, and Allen-Edmonds suede shoes.

Although National Cream Tea Day isn't until June 28th, had a cream tea at the Tea Rose Garden in Pasadena CA on the way to the USC Pacific Asia Museum which is around five blocks east of the Tea Rose Garden.

Unlike some, never have to deal with the which goes first, jam or clotted cream quandary since I only use clotted cream.

https://www.creamteasociety.co.uk/national-cream-tea-day

IMG_7388.jpeg

The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena CA.

IMG_7390.jpeg

Inside.

IMG_7392.jpeg

In the garden.

IMG_7403.jpeg

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahem… you realize it isn’t Dorian Green on the picture ? Just wondering…

Great pictures as usual @Roycru !

Your style didn’t change much for 10 years @An Acute Style
Whoops… my bad 🤣 Great suit nonetheless.

Speaking of which, I was just re-visiting Vox’s old pics and I have to say, his Steed Bespoke suits were as close to perfection as one could get. Whatever one’s thoughts about the guy, he had style in spades.

For those who have no idea what I’m talking about, google Vox Sartoria + Steed Bespoke. Enjoy…

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52