• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas.

IMG_5580.jpeg

DougDevious

Reaction score
20231223_203436.jpg
20231223_203415.jpg

Merry Christmas StyleForum!
I took this pic at a Christmas party, my sleeves were rolled up because i was helping Grandma with the dishes.

I'll probably have a lot more fits next year when my new stuff arrives and gets tailored, and I'll hopefully be getting out more and taking my outfit pictures in more interesting locations than just my flat lol

If you're wondering whats going on with the sleeves, I did a very crude alteration on this shirt to take up the sleeves
20231217_184526.jpg
20231217_184415.jpg

20231217_182356.jpg

Yes, with a girls toy sewing machine. It was the cheapest I could find second-hand and definitely cheaper than going and getting all my shirts tailored!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

loarbmhs

Reaction score

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you drink, but if you do, try some Vintage Port. Not LBV or Colheita, but proper Vintage. Porto is a great city. Enjoy.
Porto is indeed a great city!
I don’t drink a lot, but we did visit the Taylor’s winery, did a wine tasting and quite enjoyed it, tried LBV and different kinds of vintage, I liked both the LBV and the regular(?) vintage honestly, not so much on the Tawny vintage tho. (By the way, the Iberian ham served in the winery is the best I ever had!)

Last edited:

acconrad

Reaction score
Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 10.22.47.png

Running around with the kids I simply had no time to take a good photo for everyone here, was hoping to get a nice critique of the fit, particularly the pants came out nice with the suspenders. Either way:

- Attolini sport coat
- Brooks Brothers vest (perhaps too high cut? more of a cardigan style would be better?)
- Drakes white OCBD
- E Marinella maccelsfield green tie
- Bills blackwatch tartan wool pants
- Bresciani navy/red OTC socks
- Alden LHS cordovan loafers

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After a holiday weekend that was casual, and facing three days of rain ahead in the NYC metro area, I took today to be a good day to dress up, a day neither wet nor particularly cold. Today's ensemble was driven by today's shirt, a MTM item I had made several years ago, which has proven to be less versatile than expected, but which pairs well (IMHO) with today's suit, which was next in rotation to be worn. Today's tie was a gift from a friend living in Florence, Italy - the symbol for the city is the fleur de lis. Today's hat was a gift from a friend downsizing his living quarters - a chance acquisition to which I am getting accustomed.

In my capacity as accidental boulevardier, I did a stroll up Madison Avenue, noting that the city is still full of tourists - a sea of jeans and sneakers. I am sure that I must have appeared a strange sight to the heaving masses . . .

Suit - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brook Brothers MTM
Tie - Firenze
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Braces - Albert Thurston
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Frank Stella, NYC
Hat - Hawkins, UK

IMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG
IMG_2216.JPG
IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

Reaction score

OK, so you took one babystep. Instead of the usual tie knot, shirt collar, top lapel and bottom of chin, you have now zoomed out to include 1 roll-button hole!

Next step -- whole chin, and maybe shoulders of suit jacket also? At this rate we'll be at full-body shot by next Christmas.

You are my brother from another mother. To my family, Drake's, Charvet and Zilli mean nothing! If asked, they'd guess 7-fold is some sort of yoga move.
We belong in the 20th century, when people got silk ties for Christmas.
This year I got a sarong and a shaving brush. Not sure about the sarong, but my family trying to tell me something with the brush.

Last edited:

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
I took some risks and experimented inspired by @An Acute Style

• Brown CXL Alden Indys (off eBay)
  • Yellow w/ red polka dot Celchuk socks
  • Olderbest Hollywood Waistband Speckle Tweed Trouser
  • Mizzen+Main green checked flannel shirt
  • Olderbest Vintage Salt & Pepper Vest
  • Yellow Zegna silk tie
  • Beams+ Comfort Jacket Double Cloth Twill
View attachment 2089489
My, that is quite a funk fest you have there. Put it together on a dare? That outfit is nothing like Acute Style would wear, nothing at all, why did you think that? But then you don't want to copy others you want your own style and someday it may drift your way until then maybe consider easing up on poking around in your closet with the lights off and just grabbing at stuff.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads