• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
50345440002_d72fbfab37_c.jpg

50344596323_da9a82ae34_c.jpg

50344690708_348acd3e4c_b.jpg

Balboa

Reaction score
Balboa nice outfit could I ask how long the points are on your white shirt please Very nice

Thank You for compliments - nice to hear that. The points of the collar are 9 cm long - KENT collar.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC today is nigh about perfect for suit-wearing (and most other activities).

Suit - Brooks Brothers (Regent model)
Shirt - Dunhill
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Liberty of London
Pocket square - Ede & Ravenscroft, London
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's
Face mask - New & Lingwood

IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4427.JPG
IMG_4428.JPG
IMG_4429.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4431.JPG

LiteraryBotany

Reaction score
Today's outfit: Pistachio, rose, and the jacket that I pair with everything.

Today we discussed whether Billy Shakes' swan song, with its tropes of sorcery and physical comedy, qualifies as "great" play. Answers varied: many maintained that the play's outward ornaments disqualified it, while others defended the argument that great books can and ought to be enjoyable.

Ars gratia artis? I'm an effete little lad, so I think y'all know where I stand on that matter.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Speak truth to power.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers jacket; Berle trousers; Grady Ervin shirt; R. Hanauer bowtie; Crockett & Jones monkstraps; Tommy Bahama socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Braces.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Panama: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

20200915_112831.jpg 20200915_114427.jpg 20200915_115055.jpg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At a tea shop called Josephine.

IMG_5039.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Madras jacket, blue PPBD shirt, and argyle socks, Berkley for Eljo's tie, Squarextraordinaire pocket square, Leather Man blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-Person" pictures, a piece-of-a-person with the 2020 version of the book "Love in the Time of Cholera"
by Gabriel García Márquez, tea in the time of COVID-19 picture

Josephine will use tea pots, tea cups, and creamers rather than paper cups whenever things get back to normal again.

IMG_5033.jpeg

Sitting outside on a day it's in the 90's and ash is falling is probably like being in Pompeii on the day things went so horribly wrong.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit: Pistachio, rose, and the jacket that I pair with everything.

Today we discussed whether Billy Shakes' swan song, with its tropes of sorcery and physical comedy, qualifies as "great" play. Answers varied: many maintained that the play's outward ornaments disqualified it, while others defended the argument that great books can and ought to be enjoyable.

Ars gratia artis? I'm an effete little lad, so I think y'all know where I stand on that matter.

Stay safe. Stay sane. Speak truth to power.

Threads cited:

Items purchased new: Brooks Brothers jacket; Berle trousers; Grady Ervin shirt; R. Hanauer bowtie; Crockett & Jones monkstraps; Tommy Bahama socks.

Items purchased pre-owned from eBay, thrift, & consignment: Braces.

Antique linen pocket square from a friend.

Panama: Goorin Brothers in Charleston

Timex Weekender watch with Smart Turnout watch band.

Glasses and sunglasses: Warby Parker.

#VintageStyleNotVintageValues #stylishacademic #professorstyle #fashionintheclassroom #BlackLivesMatter

View attachment 1458911 View attachment 1458912 View attachment 1458913
I'm Diggin This Bow! :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads