• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
Yesterday.

D38AF929-1CCB-43CC-86A1-7EF44A99F7DB.jpeg

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A virtual mask-o-rama and me on Franklin Avenue near Hillhurst Avenue in East Hollywood.

IMG_4789.jpeg

Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece silk and wool jacket, blue and white gingham PPBD shirt, and BB#1 Stripe repp tie, Robert Talbott pocket square, Leather Man blue and tan surcingle belt, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds tan suede shoes.

For fans of "Piece-Of-A-Person" pictures, a piece-of-a-person aboard the Los Angeles Metro Red Line subway earlier today enroute to the Vermont/Sunset Station picture.

Shortly after taking this picture, the left side ear loop on the face mask broke and then only my glasses were holding the face mask on.

There are three hospitals at Vermont and Sunset, Children's Hospital, Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, and Kaiser Hospital. Hoped to be able to get a new face mask at one of those hospitals.

Went to Children's Hospital since I thought someone there might recognize me from when Dr. Seymour Cohen took my tonsils out there in 1953.

No one seemed to recognize me (I must have aged more than I think I have) but they still gave me a nice new face mask.

There is a moral somewhere in all this.

IMG_4780.jpeg

Extra Added Attraction: Some random Hollywood Blvd. in East Hollywood pictures.

Typical East Hollywood motel.

IMG_4796.jpeg

Typical East Hollywood shop.

IMG_4798.jpeg

When I was a little kid used to think all the old apartment buildings in Hollywood were filled with silent film stars whose careers ended when talkies started.

IMG_4797.jpeg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the effects of chance occurrence affect my attire, which happens to be the case for today. Yesterday afternoon, taking advantage of the relative mildness of the weather, I took a stroll in midtown, and needing both an air conditioning break, and some water, I found myself at Saks. With additional markdowns being what they are, I ended up walking out of the store with today's tie, and another of the same brand and material.

Being someone who must play with his new toys as soon as is humanly possible, I concocted today's ensemble based on my tie's compatibility with other things hanging in my closet - not a classic relaxed Friday concoction, but perhaps of some visual interest.

Suit, tie, and pocket square - Ralph Lauren Purple Label
Shirt - Brooks Brothers MTM
Cufflinks - Thomas Pink
Braces - Lewin
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMG_4287.JPG

IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4284.JPG
IMG_4285.JPG
IMG_4286.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads