• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parade and feast are over, time to caffeine up this morning and find 30-40% off at Bloomingdales, Saks, Barneys -- and maybe even something on sale @ Bergdorf!

From 40% off selections....hmmmmm tempting

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, beautiful beautiful jacket. I love it. The tie looks terrific as well. Very well suited for that particular jacket. Congrats. 

Thanks and thanks for all the thumbs, guys!

Happy thanksgiving everyone!
Sartorio + bontoni+ al Bazar tie (don't hate, love this tie)
Cashmere vest woulda been better with navy suit, but it's cold enough for it

I like subdued looks, but this is almost a bit too subdued (apart from the 7 of course); the same tie in navy would have been awesome.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AS, somehow the white contrast collar pulls everything together! I've been waiting for your post today!

I prefer this version to last year (or the one before?), the addition of grey trousers keep it much more 'wearable'.

Chulillo

Reaction score
I'm baaack - slightly heftier from two weeks vacation and the Thanksgiving holiday, but ready to post.

Blazer, trousers, shirt, shoes - BB
Bow tie - Thomas Farthing, London
PS - Robert Talbott
Overcoat - Joesph Abboud
Cap - Stetson, via JJ Hat Center, NYC
Scarf - Burberry

FYI - I believe that I had a Crat sighting, assuming that he was walking in Jermyn St. sometime last weekend, in the late afternoon. Unfortunately, we were walking in opposite directions, and before I realized who it was, we were far distant.

Lifestyle photo - viewing the poppies at the Tower of London

You play in the big leagues. Very well put together on all your outfits
fing02[1].gif

a very close friend of mine just returned from Rome and gave me a bunch of ties and squares from Gutteridge. Not all hit the target, but this tie passed the test...

Love the tie and the jacket. I would have preferred a White shirt to go with both, or that shirt-tie combo with a darker jacket. But I like it, anyways.

Happy Black (Watch) Friday. Everything except the pants and shoes.
Parade and feast are over, time to caffeine up this morning and find 30-40% off at Bloomingdales, Saks, Barneys -- and maybe even something on sale @ Bergdorf!
Too bad we can't really see your outfit on the first picture. It looks like the jacket has the perfect fit for you.
On your purchases, like that second suit! Looks very nice.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same gray suit, diff day.
Gray suede loafers, brown knit tie, white shirt

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, @Prince of Paisley
!

I have to say that the guy in your inspiration picture looks pretty dangerous. 

Nah, but I think I saw his EG Dovers on Australia's Most Wanted.

Last edited:

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! No, the prob is the sleeves of shirt altered too short by store tailors. I wear these two cipa shirts cuffs unbuttoned and still bit shorter than I would like
1f615.png

That tie and that shirt look amazing! Where is the shirt from?

Great fit on that jacket. Looks really good.

Fantastic combo. A simple but always efective outfit. The jacket isn't a bit long on the sleeves?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads