• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kent Wang unstructured seersucker suit
Kent Wang linen/cotton shirt
Kent Wang geranium that I just planted on my balcony
Kent Wang Qianlong carpet pocket square
Kent Wang Bauhaus watch
Kent Wang linen socks
Kent Wang handgrade penny loafer

The pocket square is perfectly fine. It's mostly white, so it's kind of like a white linen in that it goes with any outfit, though a bit less so since it's not completely white. What is the design actually? A map?

Jacket looks short, and the buttoning point too high. This makes your legs look disproportionately long compared to your torso.

Hello Sir, I was considering using the MTM service by Kent Wang. Do you recommend it?

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Kent Wang make a MTM Double Breasted suit with 5 inch peak lapels?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost conservative business dress today. But not quite.

Suit and belt - Canali
Shirt and cuffs - Oxford
Tie - Personality Milano
Square - Henry Carter Irish linen
Watch - Sea-Gull
Shoes - Carmina cognac shell, Rain last
[edited to add full-length fit photo]

Last edited:

calypso

Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs up on last week's outfit :)
This week I'm heading to Gothenburg Sweden, and was tempted to try
southernstyles "glenning."

Corneliani
marinella tie
and my first luxire shirt

Last edited:

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is this linen? Really nice variegated texture.

Can Kent Wang make a MTM Double Breasted suit with 5 inch peak lapels?

We can only do own width for double-breasted. For single-breasted we can do narrow, standard, and wide.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Sir, I love the fabrics and contemporary suiting styles that you have displayed. Is there anyway possible you could create a more classic double breasted lapel width of 4 7/8" inches wide? 4 7/8" is as thin as I feel comfortable with, when I wear a double breasted jacket. I thank you for your consideration, and for the beautiful pictures.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, I'm dressed best only to be rained upon - weather in NYC right now is wet, with a side order of extra wet, and a morning full of the same.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quote: The top is great. Very nice jacket/tie combo. I'm not crazy about the square. I think this falls apart below the waist. I don't think the pants and tie work well together. Or maybe dark brown shoes and belt would have been better with the pants. Something is off to me.

^ I'm curious to know why you think this falls apart? Is it because of the shoes or don't you like the chinos here?
Personally I feel that with more casual shoes like loafers or so, it would work. Chocolate suede, probably.

The pants are the problem for me. I generally don't care for chinos with worsted jackets, but I think this doesn't work even discounting my dislike of them. AAS makes a good point about the interaction of the tie and pants, and I wonder if that shade of tan just doesn't work with that jacket, whether made of cotton or wool.

This is a nice discussion. I actually think L2BR put together a nice fit. I'm sure he got lots of admiring looks from the non-SF crowd as he walked around (men and women thinking "I wish my boyfriend dressed like that!").

But we pick nits here. I agree with SB about the fabric coherence. Still, I think L2BR noted that they are actually cream which I think a good choice if you are going to wear light gray on top. I like white as well and I can imagine, possibly, navy working. I also think the shoes are fine on the casual scale and I think with light pants, caramel, light brown is great (though I'm torn about split toes). Get some light weight wool pants, L2BR, and you're good to go with cream or white.

I think it's the yellow tie. I agree it looks nice on top where it appears more saturated in pic (more mustard). In the context of the whole fit, it gets washed out. Note that if he had chosen a navy knit, picking up the other non-gray color in the jacket, we'd be happier I suspect (remember this is a nit). The tie is an anchor point for the eye, but it's just lost in the whole fit pic (AAS's point).

But working with the yellow scale, what if the tie were darker, more rust. I'd change out the shoes to Elio's suggestion of darker suede, though not too dark if brown, maybe even navy suede. A darker yellow would help it not get lost overall.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I know where those photos were taken.
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics