• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I am afraid to overdo it: last thing I want is to "look startorial". Do you think it would be better or it's just a matter of preference.

Not sure what you mean with "sartorial" and why you would avoid such a look. If I understand correctly, you would like to appear not overly careful or flamboyant. I think that you can achieve such a look also with wide(r) lapels and wide leg trousers. And yes, in my opinion they definitely look better.

Heykal

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean with "sartorial" and why you would avoid such a look. If I understand correctly, you would like to appear not overly careful or flamboyant. I think that you can achieve such a look also with wide(r) lapels and wide leg trousers. And yes, in my opinion they definitely look better.
Yes, that's what I meant. OK thanks.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the low contrast colour combination, and the lovely roll on the lapels, but find the textures on jacket and trousers a little jarring.
Tweed and chinos are a common combo in the US.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A useless barometer and you know it. You expect people who don't care for what you're wearing to spit that out? Not buying that either. Anyone who regularly posts photographs of themselves in this thread, as you do, really cares about how they look. And that's not an admonishment. It's great that you care and It's too bad most don't share that concern. But my initial comment was about wearing a fedora. I think it's an out of place look now, and judging from the millions of black and white photographs of previous times, I don't think it was much of a look then. Not to mention a sinister connotation, which I realize I just did. As in Jack Ruby, The Shadow, mobsters in mobster movies and politicians like Jack Abramoff.
Similarly silly. I've had many people give me grief over clothing choices. So, yes, I do expect plenty of people would tell me my hat looked stupid if indeed they thought it did. And, similarly, I've no doubt some to many would silently guffaw at it. Which again harkens back to my point yesterday...who cares?

I do care about how I dress/look/present myself to the world. I do NOT care how some jabroni driving by feels about it.

All things considered, if given the choice between love and hate, I'd obviously prefer a stranger love my choices in attire...but, at a base level, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me. I'm still going to wear what I like :bigstar:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similarly silly. I've had many people give me grief over clothing choices. So, yes, I do expect plenty of people would tell me my hat looked stupid if indeed they thought it did. And, similarly, I've no doubt some to many would silently guffaw at it. Which again harkens back to my point yesterday...who cares?

I do care about how I dress/look/present myself to the world. I do NOT care how some jabroni driving by feels about it.

All things considered, if given the choice between love and hate, I'd obviously prefer a stranger love my choices in attire...but, at a base level, it doesn't make a lick of difference to me. I'm still going to wear what I like :bigstar:
Not sure if appropriate but I believe this applies for reaching self actualization.

1698771203393.jpeg

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Happy Halloween! This was not a costume, but my son thought I was a detective. :lol: The orange and green was intentional. The pocket square perfectly picks up the colors of the outfit IMO.

View attachment 2060013
View attachment 2060003
View attachment 2060011
View attachment 2060005
View attachment 2060007
View attachment 2060009
Summer loafers make absolutely no sense here. The rest of clothes looks like something you would wear in a cold rainy Autumn day.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marriage of a politician in Italy. I am now an informal consultant to a Deputato and a Senatore regarding their future suit commissions. Maybe the pinnacle of my career? Who cares about books and papers when one garners compliments from already well-dressed Italians?
IMG_8081.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer loafers make absolutely no sense here. The rest of clothes looks like something you would wear in a cold rainy Autumn day.
I don't make much of a distinction between summer and winter loafers. I wear them all year long. I do put away my white loafers in the fall/winter, but dark brown suede is year around for me. A good pair of wool socks will keep me warm.

No rain the day the photos were taken. I just like trench coats.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52