• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome new navy linen from the Armoury. Really interesting cut.
4733B338-C482-46E0-ABC7-9AD854171202.jpeg

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Lighting was terrible, even with shades open. I'll need to get better at that.
View attachment 1601874

Suit: Zegna
Shirt: Thomas Pink
Tie: Thomas Pink Slate Blue Grenadine
Shoes: AE Whitney PTB
Shoulders on the jacket (see divots) don't seem to fit your body well, although it's hard to say for sure, because your hands are in the pants pockets and may be causing the jacket to ride up slightly. Also, overall, the jacket looks like it might be a bit big on you, but again, not positive, since you don't have it buttoned. Perhaps take another photo, with your arms at the side and the jacket buttoned, to give us a better idea of the actual fit. Thanks!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoulders on the jacket (see divots) don't seem to fit your body well, although it's hard to say for sure, because your hands are in the pants pockets and may be causing the jacket to ride up slightly. Also, overall, the jacket looks like it might be a bit big on you, but again, not positive, since you don't have it buttoned. Perhaps take another photo, with your arms at the side and the jacket buttoned, to give us a better idea of the actual fit. Thanks!

Lost 20 pounds since the jacket was fit. I'm still roughly a 44L by chest measurement (44.5 then 43 now), but I need Nick to redo the jacket and the waist on the pants.

Honestly, this was exactly the kind of honest feedback that I was looking for. Jacket was fitted at around 210 (I'm 6'1") in so-so shape now, but things were worse the last couple of years. I had a knee injury for half a year in 2019 followed by lockdown and my occassional gout becoming chronic by last Summer 2020. I hit 220, and believe me the jacket would have looked extremely tight on me then.. Now, I'm down to 190, but not as lean as I hope to be. At this point, I really don't want to lose weight...just swap subcutaneous fat for some lean muscle.

Thanks for the great feedback on how it looks on my now. Cheers!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In San Juan Capistrano waiting for the train, which was around twenty minutes late, to go back to Los Angeles.

IMG_6512.jpeg

Brooks Brothers jacket, yellow OCBD shirt, and yellow argyle socks, generic eBay tie, Jim Thompson pocket square, Orvis trousers, and Allen-Edmonds shoes.

Yellow shirts go with everything, even with blood orange mimosas and buttermilk scones.

IMG_6479.jpeg

Yellow shirts go with cakes on a train, which are better than snakes on a plane.

IMG_6518.jpeg

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Lost 20 pounds since the jacket was fit. I'm still roughly a 44L by chest measurement (44.5 then 43 now), but I need Nick to redo the jacket and the waist on the pants.

Honestly, this was exactly the kind of honest feedback that I was looking for. Jacket was fitted at around 210 (I'm 6'1") in so-so shape now, but things were worse the last couple of years. I had a knee injury for half a year in 2019 followed by lockdown and my occassional gout becoming chronic by last Summer 2020. I hit 220, and believe me the jacket would have looked extremely tight on me then.. Now, I'm down to 190, but not as lean as I hope to be. At this point, I really don't want to lose weight...just swap subcutaneous fat for some lean muscle.

Thanks for the great feedback on how it looks on my now. Cheers!

First and foremost, very sorry to hear about the injury and your health challenges. Hoping for better times ahead for you. Second, thanks for being so open-minded to my comments. At this point, I'd suggest the obvious: Wait until you think your weight/physique have stabilized, and then have the alterations done. For good measure, you might want Nick to take a look at the legs of the trousers as well. Again, it might be the way you're standing, but they seem a bit blousy as well (see thigh on right leg).

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First and foremost, very sorry to hear about the injury and your health challenges. Hoping for better times ahead for you. Second, thanks for being so open-minded to my comments. At this point, I'd suggest the obvious: Wait until you think your weight/physique have stabilized, and then have the alterations done. For good measure, you might want Nick to take a look at the legs of the trousers as well. Again, it might be the way you're standing, but they seem a bit blousy as well (see thigh on right leg).

Thanks, I'm actually in the best shape I've been in in ten years right now, though I still want to swap a bit of subcutaneous fat for muscle. I ended up spending ten days on a hard core prednisone steroid treatment for the gout last July and haven't had the slightest flare up since. The knee was a bone marrow contusion, which didn't leave any lasting damage, just took forever to fully heal. Now, the whole key is to keep the 43-44 inch chest and broad shoulders while losing more chest and belly fat.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a week since I've last posted, which feels like longer, simply from the lack of force of habit. My husband has been off work this week, on a "staycation" (a common occurrence these days), and we've not had occasion to dress up, until this evening (dinner out at our local Italian hangout).

The weather has been changeable, to say the least, this week - cool, warm, sunny, rainy, sometimes within the same day. Today is cool-ish, and very breezy, so I am taking this opportunity to wear one of my latest fall/winter ensembles before it becomes much to warm to comfortably don it. Added to the mix are a new pair of braces, patterned with figures from a Gustav Klimt painting, which only arrived last Friday afternoon.

Sports jacket & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Braces - Albert Thurston
Trousers - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's

Included in the photos are a couple of casual shots - one from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the other from Gantry State Park, in Queens - foreign travel for Manhattanites . . .

IMG_20210430_135250.jpg

IMG_20210430_132502.jpg
IMG_20210430_134052.jpg
IMG_20210430_134531.jpg
IMG_20210430_134710.jpg
IMG_20210430_134832.jpg
IMG_5369.JPG
PXL_20210426_183013058.MP.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a week since I've last posted, which feels like longer, simply from the lack of force of habit. My husband has been off work this week, on a "staycation" (a common occurrence these days), and we've not had occasion to dress up, until this evening (dinner out at our local Italian hangout).

The weather has been changeable, to say the least, this week - cool, warm, sunny, rainy, sometimes within the same day. Today is cool-ish, and very breezy, so I am taking this opportunity to wear one of my latest fall/winter ensembles before it becomes much to warm to comfortably don it. Added to the mix are a new pair of braces, patterned with figures from a Gustav Klimt painting, which only arrived last Friday afternoon.

Sports jacket & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Braces - Albert Thurston
Trousers - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's

Included in the photos are a couple of casual shots - one from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the other from Gantry State Park, in Queens - foreign travel for Manhattanites . . .

View attachment 1602299

I like the jacket, although I can't help but think it would pair better with a shirt of a different color. A light blue is the easy choice, but then I think there's too much blue with the pants and tie.

1619808329660.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads