• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

beneven

Reaction score
A full day's worth of fuzz, or maybe a full week's worth. Have a good weekend, y'all!

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm actually in the best shape I've been in in ten years right now, though I still want to swap a bit of subcutaneous fat for muscle. I ended up spending ten days on a hard core prednisone steroid treatment for the gout last July and haven't had the slightest flare up since. The knee was a bone marrow contusion, which didn't leave any lasting damage, just took forever to fully heal. Now, the whole key is to keep the 43-44 inch chest and broad shoulders while losing more chest and belly fat.
Sounds like you've made great progress and are very committed. All the best!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the jacket, although I can't help but think it would pair better with a shirt of a different color. A light blue is the easy choice, but then I think there's too much blue with the pants and tie.

When next I don this jacket, I will have to try a pink shirt, which, I believe, would provide much needed contrast to the jacket, the tie and the trousers.

1st Step

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's been a week since I've last posted, which feels like longer, simply from the lack of force of habit. My husband has been off work this week, on a "staycation" (a common occurrence these days), and we've not had occasion to dress up, until this evening (dinner out at our local Italian hangout).

The weather has been changeable, to say the least, this week - cool, warm, sunny, rainy, sometimes within the same day. Today is cool-ish, and very breezy, so I am taking this opportunity to wear one of my latest fall/winter ensembles before it becomes much to warm to comfortably don it. Added to the mix are a new pair of braces, patterned with figures from a Gustav Klimt painting, which only arrived last Friday afternoon.

Sports jacket & face mask - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Braces - Albert Thurston
Trousers - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Santoni, via Nordstrom's

Included in the photos are a couple of casual shots - one from the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, the other from Gantry State Park, in Queens - foreign travel for Manhattanites . . .

View attachment 1602299

Lovin This Jacket, Sir What Color Are The Wholecuts? :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

Edit; Beautiful Braces By The Way...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovin This Jacket, Sir What Color Are The Wholecuts? :bigstar: :bigstar: :bigstar:

Edit; Beautiful Braces By The Way...

Thank you for the compliments. The wholecuts are, I believe, a "brown museum" - brown, with grey undertones, and in certain light, they can look green (at least to me).

psb

Reaction score
Today we have a public holiday in Germany. Due to corona we are only allowed to visit or invite a single other person.
So since one year the only legal action is to visit my mother in law for lunch.
Have a nice day all together.

###1.JPG
###2.JPG
###3.JPG
###4.JPG
###5.JPG
###6.JPG
###7.JPG
###8.JPG

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BladenFaherty-03.jpg
BladenFaherty-04.jpg
BladenFaherty-05.jpg
BladenTie4Tie-02.jpg
BladenTie4Tie-03.jpg
BladenTie4Tie-04.jpg
BladenTie4Tie-05.jpg

Last year I bought a linen jacket from Tweed Stockholm. It was made for them by Bladen and in an unusually heavy (450g) Irish linen twill from Spencer Bryson. I immediately loved that jacket. You get the breathable cool wear of linen, but it handles almost like wool with less creasing and it keeps the shape better. Very lightly structured but with a marked shoulder in the English manner. So I was very excited when they made a new jacket for this summer in the same type of fabric, but with a different pattern. Bought it immediately. Here it is dressed both up and down.

Jacket: Bladen (made for Tweed Stockholm)

Casual
Polo: Faherty
PS: Vanda
Pants: Loro Piana
Shoes: Saucony
Cap: City Sport

Semi-Formal
Shirt: Drake's
Tie: Tie Your Tie
PS: Vanda
Pants: Zegna
Shoes: Sanders

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads