• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought that but I asked and some people told me it's quite trad in that there have been lots of examples of it from the past and it's by no means some new trendy thing.

Yeah I'm getting a navy and charcoal suit, I just really liked the glen plaid with peak lapel look so I wanted to get one as well.

frmsui006_1.jpg
(I invite you to the Noodles' Thread for further discussion if you want as this thread is not for back and forth conversations.)

Iso, the man is pointing you here http://www.styleforum.net/t/375309/noodles-good-natured-advice-thread/10200

Good luck, you'll enjoy the ride if you let it happen :nodding:

zengy

Reaction score

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That might be just for the Friday's Challenge....
puzzled.gif
I think loafers with a suit is customary for his fittings, and not intentional for the rule breaker today. The bottom buttoning is what I would suspect.

The suit looks awesome with that tie, but it looks like you've buttoned the wrong button, or are you trying to break that rule as well? Anyway, I can't wait to see Eidos F/W!

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Tried and True, any chance you can quote the pics you are critiquing instead of just reposting the image. Sometimes I like to go back and see all the pics before I respond to feedback discussion, and it makes that hard when there is no direct link via the quote.

Thnx!
What you're asking of me is quite a laborious undertaking but I will make the effort because you are such a great guy. :)

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Braddock, any chance of a full fit from today? Curious if that's a suit or a sport coat. Either way, top block is awesome.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The suit looks awesome with that tie, but it looks like you've buttoned the wrong button, or are you trying to break that rule as well? Anyway, I can't wait to see Eidos F/W!

That was the rule! I'm sure that there are plenty of others people think I broke as well...

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today; for the challenge.

Rule-breaking or not, this is a bit of a mess, if I'm being totally honest. One thing I've noticed recently which has prevented me from giving you thumbs of late (and I like giving you thumbs because you seem like a nice bloke who can put together some good fits) is that your trousers have been very creased and look like you don't take good care of them. I'm not sure that the particular cuts you tend to wear are very flattering to your leg / body shape either, which probably contributes. I once got accused of wearing 'hobo pants' here (just the once, mind you!) and they were a lot neater than these (or the ones in your previous fit)...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads