• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

New tie, thanks to @BRADDOCK for the warm welcome :
Mostly like the combo, but the PS-tie pairing seems off to me. Might be the similar size small medallion things in each item. Also, is the jacket a bit long or is that a camera angle issue?
Cashmere and matka.
Jacket: Isaia Shirt: G. Inglese Tie: Vanda PS: Calabrese Pants: Incotex Chukkas: Paraboot
Mostly like the individual items, but too much going on up top for me.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of us without hair, every day is fedora day when the weather is below 16C.

A new aspect of the new apartment - the small solarium, facing south. I've done what I can to allow one to see both the clothes and the view, but neither, I fear, is well served. At least the Crusty perch is back in the picture, after being reupholstered and restored.

Suit - BB
Shirt - BBGF
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - David Donohue, via Cable Car Clothiers, SF
Braces - Paul Stuart
PS - PRL
Shoes - C & J
Topcoat - Turnbull & Asser
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino

bienluienapris

Reaction score
Mostly like the combo, but the PS-tie pairing seems off to me. Might be the similar size small medallion things in each item. Also, is the jacket a bit long or is that a camera angle issue?
That's come from the angle of the camera. I can totally understand for the PS-tie, wasn't really sure on this one, some people likes some others don't. That's is not my favorite combination, but that don't look off to me.

Formal today :

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Headwear is a complicated issue for the follicularly challenged of the younger generation (of which I am still tenuously a part). Fedoras are pretty much a no-go, unless you want to be associated with the I'm-an-atheist-libertarian-debate-me-bacon-yolo-zombies set.

For the most part form has given way to function in my case, and I stick with beanies. Which, it must be said, are easier to fit under a bicycle helmet than fedoras.

Anyway, here's a thoroughly mediocre selfie of what I'm wearing today.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Headwear is a complicated issue for the follicularly challenged of the younger generation (of which I am still tenuously a part). Fedoras are pretty much a no-go, unless you want to be associated with the I'm-an-atheist-libertarian-debate-me-bacon-yolo-zombies set.

For the most part form has given way to function in my case, and I stick with beanies. Which, it must be said, are easier to fit under a bicycle helmet than fedoras. 

One of the advantages of getting older is that one can affect styles with greater impunity. Prior to the death of my first husband, I had expressed the desire for a Homburg, to which he said, 'You're too young to wear a Homburg". After his death, as a 54-year-old widower, I figured then I was old enough to wear a Homburg.

A beanie (i.e. a knit cap) would be the only thing that I could imagine would fit under a bicycle helmet. When I travel, the fedoras stay home - I wear flat caps, which can be folded in half, and stuck into the sleeve of whatever outerwear I'm wearing at the time when not in use (see the photos from Naples/Rome recently posted for reference).

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the same?
I'm quite happy with mine, since it's easy to dress both up and down according to what I wear together with it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52