• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bernoulli, we obviously both had windowpane on the mind today.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's back to the office I go today, after a 10 week absence. Commuting will be a shock to the system, but at least I am able to get around reasonably well. Decided to "push the boat out" a bit, sartorially, for my return to normal working conditions.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Thomas Pink
Braces - BB
Cufflinks - Budd, London
PS - Alain Figaret
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Paul Stuart (debut)
Hat - Selentino

Crusty can walk! It's a Festivus miracle!

Happy Festivus, all ...

Cheers,

Ac

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just superb. I've been looking for a moss green fedora. That one looks very nice, though I'm not familiar with the brand.

I've had the hat for at least a decade. There used to be a hat shop near the northern end of Nassau St. in lower Manhattan that had hats both of reasonable quality and price, from which I bought any number of chapeaux. Unhappily, the shop is no longer there.

As for the brand, it is my only hat from them - I really can't posit much about the quality of their goods, other than the one hat of theirs which I own, which is OK, if not stellar.

Crusty can walk!  It's a Festivus miracle!

Happy Festivus, all ...

Cheers,

Ac

My pelvic fracture was miraculously cured by the ceremony of the Laying on of Smoked Salmon, at the Shrine of Zabar's (with a little whitefish salad on the side - you shouldn't want you should go hungry, nu?) A true Festivus miracle.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, Chawk. As for the "how does one do it?" - one lives a very long time, buys a lot of clothes, figures out what works and doesn't work, gets rid of the "doesn't work", and wears the rest. Simple, really - in principle. Less so in practice, and it's a constant learning process, which brings its own pleasures.

You inspire me @upr. So glad you are feeling well.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off to th Holiday Pops in Boston. Quick snap

Luger

Reaction score
@AAS Love how you combine this red sport coat with a blackwatch tartan trouser.
Ready for Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas you all!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Happy holidays!

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

weissmenswear

Reaction score

Extra British today for Christmas Eve
Suit: Henry Poole bespoke brown prince of wales check (tough pattern to photograph, but awesome in real life)
Shirt: turnbull and Asser
Tie: Brooks Brothers
Square: white vintage silk tie from my grandfather's old menswear shop
Shoes: Allen Edmonds Jefferson (not pictured)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix