• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some details from last time :)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy, for what it's worth, the tie looks damn good.

In regards to storage, I hang mine. I think I'd be afraid of rolling unless done so veryyyyy lightly rolled.

Last edited:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

In regards to storage, I hang mine. I think I'd be afraid of rolling unless done so veryyyyy lightly rolled.

Mine hangs low too :nodding:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cox, the collar on the Formosa looks a bit loose around the neck. Do you perceive the same IRL?

I like this overall (pencil strip shirt might be a bit a bit formal for a linen suit), but shell boots and a linen suit strike me as a bit incongruous. In the last shot, at a distance, they look OK. I'm curious what others think of the pairing.

I agree with you about the boots...the shirt works (based on that argument that only SF people would care about something like this and everyone else would think its more than acceptable)...but I think your point about the shirt is valid too. @Mr. Six @Coxsackie

All valid criticisms.

I regard this suit as being very informal, almost slouchy (which I like). Same with the boots. I've heard that Italians often wear boots with suits - Agnelli, for instance. Furthermore, I had just spent a couple of hours shining the boots and they were sporting a mirror polish. So overall, I don't think the clash is too egregious.

I have a mild "hump back" (technically, Scheuermann's disease) which causes occasional collar gap in just about all my OTR suits. It does depend a bit on my stance at the time. One reason I'm selling my Tom Ford suit - see my sig - is that the collar gap is quite noticeable, due to the suit's structure. Alas, it's designed for a more upright, athletic body than mine.

My long term plan is to commission one or two bespoke suits or jackets per annum. These will address both my collar gap problem and my lapel bowing problem (both of which are ultimately consequent to my spinal issues).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cox, I'm aware of your spinal issues. I guess I was under the impression that this Formosa was one of your commissions. For RTW, I think it's doing pretty well, all things considered. Net-net, I like the suit. Wear in good health!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spectre @Gerry Nelson what, apart from the direct sunlight, gives these suits their sheen? Is there mohair in the cloth?

One thing which struck me during a visit to Seoul a few years ago was the number of journeymen wearing highly reflective suits. Seemed to be a strong local fashion.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan, and it would give me pause when considering blends with mohair in them. Although I guess it depends on many factors.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank, Eric. I'm now inclined to agree with you. I think these ties need to go on the tie rack and not be rolled.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads