• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You got mad potential bro, your head is in the game. But you gotta check yaself before you wreck yaself.

Check this: sometimes we grab the more dope choice cuz it looks straight fire but it's TOO hot, looks too blinged out nawmean? You gotta go for that lowkey swag, build each piece up till you got a HALO around you, for real for real.

HTH

:slayer:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[...]
Only show your face if it's a really, really ridiculously good looking face.

[...]

I have a ridiculously good-looking face. I crop it out from my pictures so it doesn't distract viewers from the excellence of my clothing ...
biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Ac

Chulillo

Reaction score
@Tom Miler outstanding combination. I really like it. I don't think I will ever own a jacket in that color but yours is truly a delight for the eyes. And I agree with the rest praising your photographs, one can tell that the person on the other side of the lense knows what she is doing.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the moment the pictures are taken by a photographer who works full time in my company and indeed she specializes in "fashion" and marketing photography of bespoke clothing. You can see much more of her work, with and without me in the picture, here. We have been working together for a year now. I am very flattered when you say that you like the pictures because I feel that I have very limited capability to look good in pics so we work really hard to get an effect that is barely acceptable in the light of the amount of work that is put in my clothes and the incredible pictures of some bespke cats out there (also in here) at SF). Among others that is due to my sport past that gave me uncommon body proportions (but on the other hand it also pushed me towards tailoring).
But we believe that hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard :D :D :D And it works, here is a proof :D

Very interesting, and everyone in the photos at the link seems to be having a good time and enjoying themselves. Maybe some time you can share with us the story of the shop. Polish is not among the languages I read
wink.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The AAS thumb touch pose

As usual, everything is from SF AVs.

Your breast pocket is screaming for a pocket square. I'm sorry...excellent fit but incomplete. You lack wholeness which could be achieved with a PS. Without it...it just looks wrong...feels wrong...like something is missing.

I hope you will change your ways.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Tux Stain - this is in particular for you
@ericgereghty @pravda
and anyone else that supports the tartan plaid shirt with white contrast collar...

Understand that people who are being nice and professing that "if you really love the shirt you should keep it" are just flat out plain and simple WRONG in this situation.

In the case of this shirt it is an objective matter. The shirt is wrong. It is not subjective...the shirt may or may not be wrong or right depending on a given set of circumstances and preferences. The shirt is objectively wrong. It is an abomination. It is inherently conflicting in style and on a scale of formal/casual outfits. There is not a single outfit EVER...either with the most formal of suitings, odd jacket and trouser combination, or even a very casual menswear outfit sans jacket...where that shirt would be appropriate.

Just because you love something doesn't mean that it is right or that it will work. In the instance of this particular shirt...it will NEVER work...and for this reason and assuming you want to improve you would be wise to do away with said shirt.

There are the parents who baby their children and they grow up sheltered and incompetent and there are parents who expose their children to the world...the good and the bad...and they let their children make mistakes and learn from them.

This tartan plaid/contrast collar shirt is a mistake.

Learn from it...burn it...progress forward in a positive direction.

P.S. if you come back at me with some sweeping argument about methods of child-rearing then you are a lost cause because that is not the point of my argument.

Last edited:

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect just wearing a suit that nice is a small revolution of sorts in his office. It sure would be in mine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads