• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Cream square

Last edited:

tdang

Reaction score
Today. 2nd attempt at a new button down collar. I wear blue jackets and brown ties a little too much. Any suggestions on next jacket/tie purchase? Looking at the Harrisons bunch right now but unsure if they sell by the meter.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, countless millions of goats and cows will be bloodily slaughtered in this country in the name of the Religion of Peace... The colourful palette of my outfit does not reflect my mood.

PTcDq2U.jpg

dEdlgs3.jpg

Dennis Walter

Reaction score

Thank you so much, @ShawnBC - i am adept to the church of SS myself, basically 3/4 of my entire wardrobe originates from them. I´ve got an outlet just around the corner, where they meanwhile know me by name ;-)

Quote:
Cheers, @Jamesgatz - i have learned a lot from you guys, my style thus evolved consequently. Still a long way to go, but there definitely is some improvement, compared to the follies i started off with.

@Dennis Walter Please post more, and in individual posts - if possible; then it's easier to like individual outfits.

I am trying my best, @Roy Al
Will do as you bid - starting today :)

@Dennis Walter

[...]

Cheers @Claghorn ! Yes, i always tuck the tie between the lapels of my db jackets, so it´s not just for posing for pictures ;-)...i somehow saw this some time ago on some italian gentlemen out of Naples and thought it would look good - which is clearly subject to taste. For me it´s a little trick to show off more of the tie and to add sth visual without having it crying for attention...but just my 2cents, really.

Bit of a 'sporting' look yesterday as Sydney kind of resembles a wind-swept English moor.

Very nice - digging the trad combo!!

Cream square

Classy as ever - lovely shades!

Today. 2nd attempt at a new button down collar. I wear blue jackets and brown ties a little too much. Any suggestions on next jacket/tie purchase? Looking at the Harrisons bunch right now but unsure if they sell by the meter.

I am never getting bored by blues&browns in the mix - especially loving the lapels on this one!

And here, for your entertainment (?), esteemed gentlemen, today´s take:

Pawz

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. Thanks, all!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Moderately high degree of difficulty here, executed with style. I would struggle with that tie, but you matched it exceptionally well.

Guys,

haven´t been here for quite some time now...standards are as high as ever, though.

If you don´t mind posting me in here, here are some of the latest kits...

First one smacks of street busker, but the rest are excellent, and a couple are stellar. Hope you keep posting, it's really nice to have another eccentric on the forum - makes me look positively staid.

The König of colour play.

Scottish dark navy cashmere tie courtesy of @inimitable (soon to be AV) awesome

You outdo yourself, my friend. I assume all those lands in the background constitute but a small part of your overall estate.

Another exceptional outfit from one of the forum masters. But you must learn to be more comfortable in your membership of a peak species.

Winging my way back from Shanghai, with its highly limited travel wardrobe. I hope to be posting fits again very soon. Also have an idea for this week's Challenge...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's attire includes a couple of sale items I picked up while in the UK last month - the shirt and the tie. You may not be able to see it, but the shirt has a subtle glen plaid pattern to it, hence the solid tie.

Suit - Joseph, JAB
Shirt & tie - Harvie & Hudson, London
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Stefano Branchini

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You outdo yourself, my friend. I assume all those lands in the background constitute but a small part of your overall estate.

You're most kind Sir.

I took some air before dinner, only to learn the help had indeed brought in the sheaves and were rejoicing!

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're most kind Sir.

I took some air before dinner, only to learn the help had indeed brought in the sheaves and were rejoicing!

We've always thought that you were outstanding in your field, and now we have photographic evidence to prove it! :satisfied:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Better stay off the streets with that white jacket then.

Actually it's baby blue. Our best friends were blessed with a twin today, boy and girl. I promised them to wear something celebratory
nod[1].gif

But yeah, this morning the streets in front of every mosque were red with blood and since I share Coxsackie's talent to get stains on my clothes in the most unlikely ways, I stayed clear of all that....

Another exceptional outfit from one of the forum masters. But you must learn to be more comfortable in your membership of a peak species.

shog[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads