• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Scottish dark navy cashmere tie courtesy of @inimitable (soon to be AV) awesome

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a nice whip, mcobinad!

Nice to see Cleav repping the northern lights.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@Dennis Walter

Glad to have you posting here again! Please stay and continue to post here as faithfully as you do your IG.

Now I just gotta ask: when you wear a double breasted jacket, do you walk around with your tie positioned like that, or is it just for the picture? And in either case, any particular reason you fancy doing this? Been meaning to ask for some time.

@Mr. Six
Love the fabric of the jacket, as well as its fit on you.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mcobinad damn that's a nice car! I have the feeling your wife must've been stoked! If I recall, you have a MB of your own, too! That must make one hell of a nice driveway!

PS.: I love the new grille design on this year's MB models!

PPS.: I find your pocket square aesthetically pleasing!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
I have not posted in well over two weeks now as I have been more than busy of late. For today, I went over to Mercedes dealership to take delivery of my wife's all new 2015 CLS Shooting Brake. She discovered the long awaited surprise only at the dealership..... oh well the rest is memorabilia.

Nice fit, nice tie, nice car.

Good choice of engine & layout -- hopefully Mercedes have been keeping their noses clean unlike some other German manufacturers, so to speak...

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scottish dark navy cashmere tie courtesy of @inimitable (soon to be AV) awesome
Nice, Cleav. What's the jacket? Reminds of this one from Ring that's on B&S from @coloRLOw right now, though your checks look a bit darker. The Ring may not fit me quite right so I'm on the fence, but I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else was interested. That B&S thread in general has some nice jackets. http://www.styleforum.net/t/508312/...zolo-38-e-formicola-38s-sartorio-42-caruso-36
[rule]#14 ring jacket 38 100% wool, seems light tweed 3 roll 2 very thin shoulder pad
measurements: ptp 51 shoulder 43 boc 72 sleeve 62 waist 46.5

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nice, Cleav. What's the jacket? Reminds of this one from Ring that's on B&S from @coloRLOw right now, though your checks look a bit darker. The Ring may not fit me quite right so I'm on the fence, but I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else was interested. That B&S thread in general has some nice jackets.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/508312/...zolo-38-e-formicola-38s-sartorio-42-caruso-36

Thanks JC :D

It's a Boggi I picked up from @dirnelli I do like it. I was surprised to see the jacket you posted just after I bought mine, I do agree it appears a little lighter in colour. To be fair when looking at the Boggi I originally assumed it was a cream and tan combo though was put right by Dirnelli and elected to buy it, glad I did. I think the issue is not the jacket but what pants @EliodA to wear with it... IRL those pants above appear much lighter, weird.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr. Six
Love the fabric of the jacket, as well as its fit on you.

Thanks! I quite like the fabric, though the color is not versatile. It's been interesting coming up with ways to wear it. And I appreciate the comment on fit.

Is yours from yesterday brownish grey? Wonderful texture.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mostly brown, but in some light it ends up gray.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks JC :D It's a Boggi I picked up from @dirnelli I do like it. I was surprised to see the jacket you posted just after I bought mine, I do agree it appears a little lighter in colour. To be fair when looking at the Boggi I originally assumed it was a cream and tan combo though was put right by Dirnelli and elected to buy it, glad I did. I think the issue is not the jacket but what pants @EliodA to wear with it... IRL those pants above appear much lighter, weird.
So yours is white(ish) with medium/charcoal grey? The Ring jacket keeps playing tricks on my eyes in the different photos based on the warm/cold balance, but I do assume it's much like yours only a few shades lighter on both lines. I'm worried too about what pants I would wear with it. Charcoal or navy (gasp) I suppose, maybe a chocolate brown?
@Koala-T I told you to keep your eyes shut and not look at the Ark!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads